rugbyunion
Latest News:

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Francois Louw
RUGBY MAD (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 22:13
Cape Town - The Stormers are eager to regain the services of Springbok flank Francois Louw after an injury crisis at loose forward.

Die Burger reports the Capetonians are working hard to gain the services of an experienced loose forward and they have Louw in their sights.

The Stormers are short of loose forward experience with Schalk Burger, Duane Vermeulen and Nick Koster all out with knee injuries.

The trio that did duty in their last match against the Force - Siya Kolisa, Rynhardt Elstadt and Nizaam Carr - did exceptionally well but lack experience.

And Louw could just provide that much needed experience. He was one of their stars in 2010 and 2011, with his ball-poaching ability at the breakdowns earning him his Springbok colours.

He left Western Province in July last year to take up a contract with English club Bath, whom he captained this year.

Despite also recovering from a knee injury sustained on 24 March this year, he is expected to be ready for action shortly.

The 26-year-old has played 10 Test for the Springboks since he made his debut against Wales in Cardiff in 2010. His last Test was South Africa's agonising 11-9 World Cup quarter-final defeat to Australia in Wellington, New Zealand last year.

Re: Francois Louw
TCM2007 (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 22:39
@#$%& off Stormers.

Anyone see any more in the original?

[www.beeld.com]

Stuart

Former ed.

hasta (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 22:42
I echo the remarks of the honourable Stuart above.

marshie10 (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 22:43
This could be a short term move, like Brits did recently.

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 22:50
We need him to have some rest, then a full pre-season.

The original talks about putting him back in Meyer's sights.

Stuart

Former ed.

FairShout (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 23:13
Stuart...you should go to South Africa and make sure they hear your message if they havent read it

ie HANDS OFF HANDS OFF HANDS OFF

Flo needs a rest and he is our player, our Captain

Ok so Hoops might have called him a girls name last night (Florence!) and @#$%& him off but thats no reason for Flo to go!!!

Still like the glass

marshie10 (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 23:47
You never know what's written in contracts.

Duke of Earl (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 07:49
What Stuart said.

Bri (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 07:53
Go forth and Multiply.

sisteresther (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 09:16
Errrr?
NO!!
(Sm138)

Boy (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 09:33
The reason that Brits was able to go on a short-term loan so readily is because Saracens and Stormers are owned by the same people, and the contracts seem to be pretty fluid (as also shown by Deon Carstens flitting between the two recently depending on which of them needed a prop). If Brits had got injured playing for the Stormers, it's not like the owners were going to sue themselves.

Louw's a completely different situation. Even if he was fit I'd doubt the club would be keen on it, but coming back from a season-ending injury there is no way that they'd give up complete control of his rehab.

FairShout (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 09:48
The lady who sits behind me...shout every match "Go Flo...Go Flo...Go Flo.

In this case Im shouting back No Flo...No Flo... No Flo...

Season ending injury, following on from an individual great season's effort = Off season rest, R&R and back to pre season refreshed and smiling

Boy (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 10:25
Plus the guy's overdue a rest after a over 12 months of Super 15, Tri-Nations, the RWC and then getting straight into his Bath career.

Bod (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 10:33
I doubt if he sees any reason to stay at Bath, like Butch and Luke.
Nothing "Special" happening at Bath.
(Sm3)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 10:48
Quote:
Ex-Bod
(Sm3)

Bod, your cynicism knows no bounds. Now that we've reached the end of the season, how about hitting the reset button and looking on the bright side, rather than constantly trying to pull us back into misery?

Stuart

Former ed.

Bri (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 10:59
Well I spoke to the player for about 5 mins in town amd he was really positive about the future and told me he loves it here,didn't expect him to say nothing else mind you but it was nice to hear.

FairShout (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 11:13
Hi Stuart

I suspect that the reset button is not going to be reset...its not part of his agenda and or his enjoyment.

Love reading your posts and completely appreciate your common sense, even if I do not always agree with you ...but mostly do

Boy (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 11:28
I don't know, Bod's always right on these things. Like the time when he said Mears was going to rip up his contract and sign for Bris after we signed Webber...

Old Bathonian (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 09:58
Quote:
TCM2007
Quote:
Ex-Bod
(Sm3)

Bod, your cynicism knows no bounds. Now that we've reached the end of the season, how about hitting the reset button and looking on the bright side, rather than constantly trying to pull us back into misery?

What bright side?

Your constant scophancy towards the club & players is just as irritating as Bods constant cynicism.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2012 09:59 by Old Bathonian.

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 13:31
You can't see any cause for believing we can do better next season? As you like, I don't share that view.

Stuart

Former ed.

OutsideBath (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 16:34
I've felt as negative about the malaise at Bath rugby as anyone this season, however after we've been hammered by Tigers tomorrow it would be nice to read some positive things about the club to lift the spirits for next season.

OLoingseach (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 16:40
Quote:
Old Bathonian

What bright side?

Well, your hero SIM is gone for a start...

ballsout (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 07:06
Back and training with the Stormers at the moment.

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 11:04
Source?

Stuart

Former ed.

ballsout (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 11:11
Twitter. @FrontRowGrunt

Knows his stuff

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 11:17
Thanks.

If Gold has agreed to this he wants shooting. Louw had no off season last year.

Stuart

Former ed.

Bod (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 13:20
Quote:
TCM2007
Thanks.
If Gold has agreed to this he wants shooting. Louw had no off season last year.

Maybe Louw thinks that sitting around for the last month or so is enough of a rest - maybe he indeed has a mindset that other squad members might to well to adopt?
Perhaps he doesn't consider the Bath regime rigorous enough?
Maybe it's a Saafa thing?
What was Gary Player's famous saying?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

06 May, 2012 13:27
It's the sort of rest a work-aholic takes - he seems like the type to me - just don't over do it and get yourself injured Flo!

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 15:32
Not having proper off seasons means tired and injury prone players. I'm surprised at your attitude to this Bod.

Stuart

Former ed.

Bod (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 15:43
Quote:
TCM2007
Not having proper off seasons means tired and injury prone players. I'm surprised at your attitude to this Bod.
Who told you that Stu?

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 15:44
It's bleeding obvious Bod.

Stuart

Former ed.

Bod (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 15:46
Because he's been resting/recuperating for the last 4 weeks?

Boy (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 18:02
Rehabbing is not the same as resting.

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 18:06
Also, if he plays well he might get called in to the SA squad, and then we wouldn't see him in a Bath shirt until December.

Stuart

Former ed.

Bod (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 18:09
So Bath should not allow/encourage players to fulfil their International aspirations Stu?

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 18:26
Encourage? Not when the team in question is SA. Hell no.

You're the one saying Bath's interests should take priority over RFU wishes in so many other threads Bod, you could try to be consistent.

Stuart

Former ed.

Bod (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 18:40
I know my thoughts, just trying to clarify yours!

retired (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 08:32
Not a done deal but..
"Couple of obstacles still in the way although Bath would be keen to help out"
(from twitter 8pm 6th May)

Bod (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 10:39

Boy (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 11:34
Bit of a vital sentence hidden away towards the end of the article...

Quote:
However, reports suggest that Bath will re-buff the Stormers' approach in order for Louw to rest ahead of the new Premiership campaign.

Bod (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 11:50
I guess Louw will get his way, or we'll end up with another disaffected Bok!

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 12:02
His way? No report has given his opinion that I've seen.

Stuart

Former ed.

Bod (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 12:41
Allister Coetzee :"How're you feeling Francois after your injury?"

Francois Louw :"Bloody great mun, you should see the rehab options at the castle, and more conditioning and performance coaches than you can shake a Vuvuzela at."

AC : "D'you fancy a few games back with the boys like? We've a few lads a bit crocked!"

FL :"For sure it'd be great to play again with a pack that goes forward!, chasing a back line that know what they're doing. I've got nothing else to do for a while"

AC : "We're not too sure when Schalk will be fit again and Juan Smith is out for the season - Heyneke has asked me to keep an eye on your form - are you doing much in June do you know, there are some mompie rooineks coming on tour?"

FL : "No, nothing much, here's my Agent's telephone number"

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

(Sm154)

Bri (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 12:44
If he's said that,I don't want him back but I doubt it.

Bod (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 12:54
What'd would you think his response would be to both proposals Bri? (Not using my "articulation")

I'm sure Meyer would appreciate a player in his June squad who knows the AP players, and if he kicks on for the new 4Ns then as a young 26yr old flanker you'd expect him to want to add to his tally of caps.

smoking smiley

Bri (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 13:05
Ac How's the injury going.
Fl going real good,Bath have been great,so professional.
Ac fancy a game.
Fl I'll ask Bath but want to be injury free for next season.
Ac what's it like there
Fl fantastic,building a great squad,loving it.
Ac I heard they made you captain.
Fl yes,can't believe it what a honour.

Something along those lines.

Re: Francois Louw THE END
RUGBY MAD (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 13:36
Spokesperson Gavin Lewis told Sport24 on Monday that the rumour was “not true”, while some reports have also suggested that the chances of Louw becoming available for his former Super Rugby team actually receded at the weekend.

The strong loose forward, who is a fine fetcher but also forceful ball-carrier, has missed the last few weeks of the English Premiership season with an injury.

But he is thought to be approaching full fitness again, although he did not play for Bath again in their 28-3 defeat to Leicester Tigers in their last fixture at the weekend – that may have been a bit of a spark for a jump-the-gun thought that he is already focusing on a Stormers stint.

The club finished well out of the playoff berths, eighth out of the 12 teams in the Premiership.

Allister Coetzee’s charges presently lack experienced options at loose forward, as all of Schalk Burger, Nick Koster and especially Duane Vermeulen will only return after the June Test window period.

annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 13:37
Apart from anything else, if he wasnt' fit enough to play on Saturday, how can he be fit enough to run out next? Hard SH autumn ground? etc. etc.

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

Re: Francois Louw More
RUGBY MAD (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 13:41
Negotiations are continuing with Bath over acquiring the possible services of former Stormers flank Francois Louw for the duration of the next segment of the competition, which ends with the start of the June window for international rugby in the second week of June.

“Nothing has been confirmed as yet, I can promise you that, but I can confirm that we have made an approach and are expecting to hear back from Bath shortly. It will have to be soon because we play the Cheetahs on Saturday,” said coach Allister Coetzee.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net