rugbyunion
Latest News:

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ladies and Gents..For the last time this season..
K9sixtwo (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 00:46
It's that time of the week, where we all eagerly await the publication of the team sheet, i always get a bit more excited when there is a game on the telly or better still, as is the case this week, I'm there supporting the team..And so for the last time this year i await the publication of the team for the weekend, we've had some discussions, a lot of argument, but at the heart of it we all love the BB&W and want nothing more than sucess..and lots of it.. This week I know my hero of the year Ryan Caldwell isn't playing or for that matter francois Louw, will we see the electrifying pace of Kyle unleashed, something we have been awaiting..So let the build up to the weekend begin and lets see the team sheet for the last time this year..

Nick Koster My Adoptee, 2012-13, Bringing Power and Pace

Re: Ladies and Gents..For the last time this season..
Sam Y (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 09:56
K9sixtwo, don't get two excited it will be the same team as usual minus, Caldwell, Louw, Carraro and Hooper who are all injured. We surely must see Eastmond start but won't, Williams instead of Banahan, but we won't. I fear the worst up at the Tigers!!

Bod (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 10:14
Don't get too excited - it the same bunch of disinterested shirkers!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 10:51
And the same bunch of miserable cynical "supporters" it seems.

Stuart

Former ed.

Bod (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 10:55
Quote:
TCM2007
And the same bunch of miserable cynical "supporters" it seems.

Do you blame them for adopting that demeanour Stu?
Or is it all "jolly hockey sticks"?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 11:00
I blame YOU for adopting that demeanour to excess.

If the negative cynicism of supporters, of which you are a key component, doesn't stop then that makes the players task in achieving confidence and belief in themsleves as a team a little harder.

Why would a supporter do anything to make the team's success harder?

Stuart

Former ed.

Bathbadger (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 11:06
As I am on new medication it will be Bath Try bonus winning by one point!

Cheers,

Rich

Bri (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 11:06
Quote:
Sam Y
K9sixtwo, don't get two excited it will be the same team as usual minus, Caldwell, Louw, Carraro and Hooper who are all injured. We surely must see Eastmond start but won't, Williams instead of Banahan, but we won't. I fear the worst up at the Tigers!!

This post is spot on.Oh and I would be surprised if Geech exposes Beech and Flats is picked.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2012 11:08 by Bri.

Bod (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 11:11
Spin off Stu!

Sam Y (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 11:11
What are you on about Stuart you cannot blame supporters for being negative about this season surely, everyone has a right to their opinion even BOD? It is not your club alone remember.

DanWiley (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 11:48
Give it a break bod, it's not funny, it's not influencing anyone, I don't think it is even winding anyone up, it's just tiresome, really really tiresome. Is that really what you're aiming for?

K9sixtwo (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 12:11
Dis-intrested shirkers?? No.. a team playing in one of the toughest leagues is the world?? Yes..
I enjoyed my rugby.. But would not envy the life of a professional rugby player.. i can get frustrated by them at times but i wouldn't want the gruelling work load..

I suppose i was a bit naive in hoping that this would create a feeling of being United around Bath rugby, as it is i feel that we have the constant heckling of Statler and Waldorf..and some will only be happy when they are moaning or getting others back up.. It is tiresome the constant whining about the lack of/effort/enthusiasm/driving standards/coaching/owner/CEO etc etc..I tire of it..what sort of an image does it give new Bath supporters who come here for the first time and find what has to be a Glaws supporter in Bath drag..

Bod (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 12:17
Rejoice in mediocrity if that's what makes you happy k9s!

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 12:18
Quote:
Sam Y
What are you on about Stuart you cannot blame supporters for being negative about this season surely, everyone has a right to their opinion even BOD? It is not your club alone remember.

Check Bod's posts this morning Sam, cynical put down after cynical put down; unremitting, remorseless and unprovoked.

He's clearly getting off on putting the club and its players down, and it's gone well beyond any reasonable feeling of disappointment at a rubbish season and into a personal vendetta against Bath Rugby.

Stuart

Former ed.

Sam Y (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 12:22
Stuart, does anybody take any notice of what BOD has to say anyway?

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 12:24
A fair point, and clearly I should join the silent majority, but post after post today...

Stuart

Former ed.

Bod (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 12:28
I'm getting OFF Big Style Stu!
(Sm92)

Bath Fan Jack (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 12:45
Stu I have also noticed a change in Bod's posts in the last few days. His posts are normally ascerbic, well written, sometimes funny, generally clever and pointed. These posts are not and are actually rather uncultured.

Is it possible that someone could use his log-in thing and pretend to be him. I recall this happening before to somebody.

Funnily enough I am also excited about this weekend and I believe that the players will kick on form the second half against Wasps and will play extremely well.

Bath to win by 2 - however no try bonus

Bod (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 12:56
I'm just spitting feathers that the mindset outlined by Hipkiss was allowed to permeate the team without anyone seemingly wishing to do anything about it.

It's a fraudulent representation of professional sport from where I'm sat.

Fair dos that he has felt the need to express this deficiency - but "IMHO" how anyone of the existing coaching team can be taken credibly for tolerating this is bizarre.
Or, is it more-so a reflection on the players we have?

Maybe Hipkiss should have kept schtumm eh?

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 13:00
He says they failed to fix it, not that they didn't wish to fix it. Big difference.

Stuart

Former ed.

Sam Y (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 13:17
I think your right there Stuart, the players wanted to fix it but were clearly told to stick to the game plan set out by the coaches, but the few times they opened up it was pretty exciting to watch.

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 13:25
I think Vesty's statement can be read as a criticism of SIM, yes.

Stuart

Former ed.

Wynners (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 13:35
Just FYI gents - you're putting people off even reading this board anymore. I rarely post but read pretty much everyday because I support Bath and this is a place to find out about rumours,injuries, get opinions etc. I've been doing that since 1998, but now practically every thread is littered and often dominated by spats and abuse and you end up having to sift through all that just to find something rugby related that's of any interest. And you know what, most people have better things to do with their time.

So a couple of pleas:

1. Bod - please give it a rest
2. Stuart - ditto. It seems that every time Bod or Gareth post anything you're there replying and bemoaning. Just let it go
3. Glen - I know this must be harder for you than anyone to stomach, but this board has just become more and more unpleasant and less and less fun since you first bowed out. People respect you massively, so if you felt inclined to post more often I think that would help

I think quite a few people on ere need to realise just because you post on this forum doesn't make you the only/biggest/most knowledgeable Bath fans out there. Think of The Rec capacity and subtract the number of regular contributors to this board. Or even better subtract the latter from Bath's total fanbase, not all of whom can make it to The Rec for whatever reason/don't have the time or inclination to use a rugby message board/don't have a computer. You're left with a massive number of fans, some of whom will know and care a helluva lot about Bath - maybe even more than you do. All the rubbish drivel that's written on here of late doesn't represent that majority of true Bath fans, but even if some of them try to join in they get shouted down by a minority of regular posters who are quite plainly just pathetic. Now subtract some other posters who don't even bother anymore. Now subtract people who like me like to read the board. Soon enough you'll be left with a handful of people who are deluded enough to think they represent the supporters of Bath Rugby. And the really sad thing is that other people who come to visit the board will think that too. If that were the case I would be ashamed, and you really should be too. It really has gotten so tedious - if you want to slag off the players/the management and/or eachother do it somewhere else.

dragonfly (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 13:39
(Sm152)
Well said Wynners!!
(Sm152)

Sam Y (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 13:46
Don't you mean Hipkiss, Stuart?

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 14:48
I did indeed.

Stuart

Former ed.

CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 15:12
Opened this thread thinking it was good news for Annie about the ladies loos!

Wish I hadn't now!

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

retired (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 15:21
Quote:
Ex-Bod
Don't get too excited - it the same bunch of disinterested shirkers!
Talking about Melksham RFC again are we Bod!

Blocks2u (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 15:28
Quote:
Ex-Bod
I'm getting OFF Big Style Stu!
(Sm92)

We'd noticed that on another thread (Sm100)

Ian

retired (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 15:30
So a couple of pleas:

1. Bod - please give it a rest
2. Stuart - ditto. It seems that every time Bod or Gareth post anything you're there replying and bemoaning. Just let it go
3. Glen - I know this must be harder for you than anyone to stomach, but this board has just become more and more unpleasant and less and less fun since you first bowed out. People respect you massively, so if you felt inclined to post more often I think that would help

Ditto

Humpo (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 16:14
To answer the question (ish) of the post.

I'd like to see:

Catt
Mears
Perenise
Attwood
Skirving
Ovens
Fearns
Taylor
Classens
Donald
Biggs
Barkley
Eastmond
Banahan
Abendanon

Flatman
Dixon
Bell
Spencer
Mercer
McMillan
Heathcote
Williams

Bath Fan Jack (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 16:21
I seemed to have missed something what did Hipkiss say?

Tom Sutton (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 16:26
Well said Wynners. Thanks for your comments. Like you I'm finding it hard to summon up the enthusiasm to post more regularly in the midst of the constant vitriol and sniping.

"Soon enough you'll be left with a handful of people who are deluded enough to think they represent the supporters of Bath Rugby."

And several of these are amongst the people being touted for roles as "our" reps on the Fans' Forum. Ye Gods!

Tom in Rochester

noidea (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 16:36
Well said Wynners.
Like your team Humpo

How about this for a prediction....

Bath come out of the blocks fighting, firing on all cylinders.... we have secured the try bonus point by half time through some magic play from Biggs & Eastmond.... it could happen

Bri (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 16:56
No chance of Eastmond starting,Leicester is no place for experiments.if we start with Perenise the came will be out of view by the end of the first half if it's a game with lots of scrums.

K9sixtwo (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 17:18
Bravo Wynners...agreed..

Humpo.. Like the team, I'd personally have KPN on the bench, and is Matt C injured?

Bath Fan (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 18:33
I'm so glad some of you feel the same way as me about the snide, unpleasant and, quite frankly BORING posts from some - especially Bod, I'm sorry to say. Please give it a rest. I'm more despondent about some of the contributors on Ere than the rugby on the pitch!

marshie10 (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 18:51
Carraro has a shoulder injury. Flatman I think had a back spasm in training on Tuesday, but I think he'll play regardless.

Bri (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 19:00
I actually think their are more positive posters than negative ones

annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 19:20
OK.
So we have obviously been completely deluded and under total misunderstanding of the purpose of ERE. This isn't a discussion board anymore, this is where the unalloyed praise and admiration for all things Bath Rugby is to be found.

I think sadly that this would limit the number of posters, so here is a brilliant innovative suggestion. Perhaps a special section of threads for such personalities would be a good idea. You know - the ones entitled "Bath headed for the top, Bath amass more points on their way to the HC, Bath have amazing turnaround in six months with new Coach, etc. etc. or even (and here I do get carried away) "Bath beat Tiggers by 25 points to go 3rd in the League" Would that keep you all happy? The rest of us can continue to post our drivel, rubbish, whitterings, bizarre opinions, whoopy do threads on the latest Messiah returning etc. Thus we can all avoid reading the threads that do not appeal to our view of the world.

P.S. As many of you only lurk, I think there would not be many posts on the 'happy' threads, so you may have to rethink the strategy of only posting when you are irritated by what you read. (Sm133)

olooktheresthatherdofflyingpigsheadingoffwestwardsagain.

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

Bri (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 19:26
What a brilliant idea Annie,so if I'm reading this right your joining the positive posters,well done for seeing the light.

annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 19:38
Yea,right.

Please read the final line of my post as it applies.

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

Bri (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 19:39
Were they Gloucester old spots?

Tom Sutton (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 19:46
Annie
Nobody objects to discussion and different viewpoints.
It's the constant vitriol, sniping and hectoring, under the guise of informed opinion and alleged debate, that gets people down.

Tom in Rochester

Bath Fan (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 19:58
[quote Tom Sutton]Annie
Nobody objects to discussion and different viewpoints.
It's the constant vitriol, sniping and hectoring, under the guise of informed opinion and alleged debate, that gets people down.

Well said Tom I totally agree - I'd just like comments to be more constructive

CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 20:17
Discussion on what is going wrong and giving one's views as to how to correct it is fine. Continual sniping at players, coaches, management and even the owner without a bit of respect and thoughtful reasoning is the province of the imbecile and the person bereft of any solutions him or herself.

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

FairShout (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 20:30
CoochieCoo...

You summed it up perfectly...RESPECT

Anything good bad or ugly can be posted in my opinion as this is the real world and not fantasy rugby where we have a perfect team and perfect club. So there will often be negative as well as positive posts and views

However whatever the post...what is wrong with RESPECT.

Would some really like to be written about and or spoken to like they have written to others about on here? Errr I dont think so, or I dont think your wife/husband parents or kids would really like to hear about or read nasty vicious things about YOU

So lets agree to disagree as that is fun, engaging and what its all about...but lets respect others and each other

BTW before I receive a nasty snipe from the shrinking minority, for expressing my opinion...it is exactly that my opinion so please dont try and bully me to agree with yours as Im NOT asking you to agree with me

marshie10 (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 20:34
Quote:
marshie10
Quote:
3Quarter
Fair Shout, everyone coming to Bath matches supports in their own way, with some any criticism of their beloved team is wrong, others take a more objective view. You object to some posters 'bullying' others in their views, but is this not what you are trying to do?

Bullying people into being better fans? Hmmm.

What Fair Shout is attempting to do is to bring supporters together, everyone is entitled to support however they wish, but what Fair Shout is hoping is that everyone actually supports. There is too much venom on ERE. When we lose, a lot of people go mad and throw their toys out of the pram. But those same "supporters" are then pretty quiet/nowhere to be see after a win! The levels of emotion, joy and praise when we win don't ever reach the levels or criticism, abuse and anger when we lose.

I'm sure Fair Shout bemoans the performances of some players, but I bet he keeps that to the confines of his car on the way back from a game. That, in my opinion, is where it should stay. I admit I've been guilty of criticising a player's performance on here in the past, but I regret doing so.

There's also an attitude of "oh well if the players are going to look at ERE, they should be prepared to read negative comments", why should those comments be there? It's a supporters website, not a critic's website. ERE would be a far more welcoming place if the criticism of the players was kept to the confines of your house, pub or sitting room.

I posted the above on another thread, it's probably better placed here. All I can add is that I agree wholeheartedly with Fair Shout.

Bod (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 20:42
Quote:
marshie10
Quote:
marshie10
Quote:
3Quarter
Fair Shout, everyone coming to Bath matches supports in their own way, with some any criticism of their beloved team is wrong, others take a more objective view. You object to some posters 'bullying' others in their views, but is this not what you are trying to do?

Bullying people into being better fans? Hmmm.

What Fair Shout is attempting to do is to bring supporters together, everyone is entitled to support however they wish, but what Fair Shout is hoping is that everyone actually supports. There is too much venom on ERE. When we lose, a lot of people go mad and throw their toys out of the pram. But those same "supporters" are then pretty quiet/nowhere to be see after a win! The levels of emotion, joy and praise when we win don't ever reach the levels or criticism, abuse and anger when we lose.

I'm sure Fair Shout bemoans the performances of some players, but I bet he keeps that to the confines of his car on the way back from a game. That, in my opinion, is where it should stay. I admit I've been guilty of criticising a player's performance on here in the past, but I regret doing so.

There's also an attitude of "oh well if the players are going to look at ERE, they should be prepared to read negative comments", why should those comments be there? It's a supporters website, not a critic's website. ERE would be a far more welcoming place if the criticism of the players was kept to the confines of your house, pub or sitting room.

I posted the above on another thread, it's probably better placed here. All I can add is that I agree wholeheartedly with Fair Shout.

It's not surprising!

Next?

Given Hipkiss' revelations I'd reckon the "respect" ball is firmly in the Ltd Company's court!

Lost Soul (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 20:42
Win at tigers of course. Is that the same side that sent there B team to bath or was it their C team in the LV a spanked us. Oh it was.

Reality check. A win would be a fluke. A big upset. Based on this season the difference is like melksham v bath.

Travel in hope by all means but ...; can't be bothered
Says it all really

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net