rugbyunion
Latest News:

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Ladies and Gents..For the last time this season..
TCM2007 (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 20:53
We've beaten them once this season. Just sayin...

Stuart

Former ed.

stuckinlondon (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 21:12
Quote:
Wynners
Just FYI gents - you're putting people off even reading this board anymore. I rarely post but read pretty much everyday because I support Bath and this is a place to find out about rumours,injuries, get opinions etc. I've been doing that since 1998, but now practically every thread is littered and often dominated by spats and abuse and you end up having to sift through all that just to find something rugby related that's of any interest. And you know what, most people have better things to do with their time.
So a couple of pleas:

1. Bod - please give it a rest
2. Stuart - ditto. It seems that every time Bod or Gareth post anything you're there replying and bemoaning. Just let it go
3. Glen - I know this must be harder for you than anyone to stomach, but this board has just become more and more unpleasant and less and less fun since you first bowed out. People respect you massively, so if you felt inclined to post more often I think that would help

I think quite a few people on ere need to realise just because you post on this forum doesn't make you the only/biggest/most knowledgeable Bath fans out there. Think of The Rec capacity and subtract the number of regular contributors to this board. Or even better subtract the latter from Bath's total fanbase, not all of whom can make it to The Rec for whatever reason/don't have the time or inclination to use a rugby message board/don't have a computer. You're left with a massive number of fans, some of whom will know and care a helluva lot about Bath - maybe even more than you do. All the rubbish drivel that's written on here of late doesn't represent that majority of true Bath fans, but even if some of them try to join in they get shouted down by a minority of regular posters who are quite plainly just pathetic. Now subtract some other posters who don't even bother anymore. Now subtract people who like me like to read the board. Soon enough you'll be left with a handful of people who are deluded enough to think they represent the supporters of Bath Rugby. And the really sad thing is that other people who come to visit the board will think that too. If that were the case I would be ashamed, and you really should be too. It really has gotten so tedious - if you want to slag off the players/the management and/or eachother do it somewhere else.

Couldn't agree more in fact i even now don't visit ERE daily as it has turned into a childs playground where 5 or 6 personalities just want to wave their willies about and claim to be the biggest!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2012 21:13 by stuckinlondon.

annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 21:44
Funnily enough there are 30 people 'on this site' currently.
Just saying like .....................

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

Bri (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 21:51
How do you know that Annie?

Bod (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 22:16
Quote:
Bri
How do you know that Annie?

There was a time when you knew who as well!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Bri (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 22:17
How?

Bod (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 22:20
Right hand side - a tad below the front players picture "Who is online"
"Where are they" used to identify which member were watching which postings

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Wynners (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 00:19
"OK.
So we have obviously been completely deluded and under total misunderstanding of the purpose of ERE. This isn't a discussion board anymore, this is where the unalloyed praise and admiration for all things Bath Rugby is to be found."

Annie, just curious - who is "we"? You obviously missed the point of my post, but what you've actually done is illustrate it. Evidently you consider yourself as part of a collective "we" that uses ere and then you dismiss what other people (a lot of whom are passionate and knowledgeable Bath fans) could contribute to it by saying they "only lurk". Some people don't post on ere regularly (if at all) for that very reason - it's not a particularly welcoming board anymore, mainly because it's become increasingly full of cynicism and squabbles between a very small number of posters. You're right, it's a discussion board, but it's a Bath Rugby discussion board, and fewer and fewer of the "discussions" seem to be about rugby. They start that way and then become a string of inane, repetitive jibes at other posters. If you or anyone else is happy to waste their time and energy being cynical/rude/sarcastic then fine, but don't expect other people to waste their's by scrolling through lines and lines of the stuff trying to find some interesting opinions or insights, and especially don't look down on those people for not joining in ("only lurking").

Yes it's been a frustrating season, and no I'm not saying everyone has to pretend to be happy about it. But I think it's a pretty sad inditement of this board that some interesting people who liked to post about rugby don't post that much anymore, others who would like to post about rugby or just use the board as a source of info about the club don't feel welcome, and a small number of regular posters have started to dominate a high number of threads. The negativity permeates through a community beyond those few who post the stuff, and I and other Bath fans I know don't really want to be associated with it.

p.s. My team for Saturday:

Catt
Mears
Wilson
Attwood
Hooper
Skirving
Fearns
Taylor
Classenns
Donald
Biggs
Barkley
Williams (unless Carraro's fit)
Banahan
Abendanon

And I'd give Eastmond the second half on the wing.

Tom Sutton (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 08:03
Thanks again Wynners. Agree with these points.

re your team - from what was said on Tuesday at the Forum, Stuart Hooper may not be fit. (Operation on hand?)

Tom in Rochester

Bod (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 08:29
Quote:
Wynners
"OK.
So we have obviously been completely deluded and under total misunderstanding of the purpose of ERE. This isn't a discussion board anymore, this is where the unalloyed praise and admiration for all things Bath Rugby is to be found."

Annie, just curious - who is "we"? You obviously missed the point of my post, but what you've actually done is illustrate it. Evidently you consider yourself as part of a collective "we" that uses ere and then you dismiss what other people (a lot of whom are passionate and knowledgeable Bath fans) could contribute to it by saying they "only lurk". Some people don't post on ere regularly (if at all) for that very reason - it's not a particularly welcoming board anymore, mainly because it's become increasingly full of cynicism and squabbles between a very small number of posters. You're right, it's a discussion board, but it's a Bath Rugby discussion board, and fewer and fewer of the "discussions" seem to be about rugby. They start that way and then become a string of inane, repetitive jibes at other posters. If you or anyone else is happy to waste their time and energy being cynical/rude/sarcastic then fine, but don't expect other people to waste their's by scrolling through lines and lines of the stuff trying to find some interesting opinions or insights, and especially don't look down on those people for not joining in ("only lurking").

Yes it's been a frustrating season, and no I'm not saying everyone has to pretend to be happy about it. But I think it's a pretty sad inditement of this board that some interesting people who liked to post about rugby don't post that much anymore, others who would like to post about rugby or just use the board as a source of info about the club don't feel welcome, and a small number of regular posters have started to dominate a high number of threads. The negativity permeates through a community beyond those few who post the stuff, and I and other Bath fans I know don't really want to be associated with it.

p.s. My team for Saturday:

Catt
Mears
Wilson
Attwood
Hooper
Skirving
Fearns
Taylor
Classenns
Donald
Biggs
Barkley
Williams (unless Carraro's fit)
Banahan
Abendanon

And I'd give Eastmond the second half on the wing.

Yes I see where you're coming from sort of, but it's a bit like buying the house next to the church if you don't like the noise from the belfry isn't it?

Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 09:20

Wynners (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 09:45
Actually Bod I'd say it's more like not buying the house because the neighbours are having a long standing and very public dispute about the the height of a hedge, the collection of the wheely bins etc. As a result other people are moving out, new people are coming to have a look and seeing people arguing in the street and/or are being warned off by those leaving. Or if you want to use your usual pub analogy, it's a small number of people shouting at eachother at the bar to the point where it's drowning out everyone else's conversations. At first people stop talking but they stay put for a bit in the hope that the guys at the bar will get over it or leave. When that doesn't happen they just get fed up and leave themselves, and any newcomers stick their heads in the door and decide pretty quickly it's a nice enough place but it's ruined by the atmosphere.

Bod (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 09:53
You'll chose the analogy that best suits your purpose Wynners!
It's a private members club where you sign in and sign out, not a Motorway Service Station - if you've stumbled in by accident (well done, how did you do it?) I apologise for your distress.

callmeMrTibbs (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 10:04
Jeeze, I come onto this thread to see other supporters thoughts on team selection and end up having to trawl through a lot of playground name-calling!

Can I have my wasted five minutes back, please?

DanWiley (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 10:50
To use your analogy bod it is like someone building St Paul's on the ground where a nice community church used to stand next to my house.

I used to get a brief display of campanology every now and again, which used to entertain and irritate in equal measure depending on my mood. Now all I hear all day long is empty vessels banging on and on.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net