rugbyunion
Latest News:

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Lack of effort the problem at Bath states player!
Bod (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 10:11
Thanks for stating what we've all witnessed this season

Pity this story didn't break last week eh? I bet the Q+A session on Tuesday would have been very different.
Hoops indignation really doesn't cut much ice with me.
Bath's problems are far more deep seated that they realised if they really can't be ar$ed to put in a shift for the BB&W..

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Re: Lack of effort the problem at Bath states player!
Blocks2u (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 10:23
1+1 doesn't make 3.

Ian

Sam Y (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 10:27
Does that mean Hipkiss will pass the ball now if he is taking a look at himself?

Bod (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 10:28
http://favim.com/orig/201105/22/bullshit-enough-love-note-please-quote-Favim.com-52719.jpg

Eh?
Can STHs or anyone get their money back for this season having been sold their tickets under the false pretence that they were watching a professional rugby team?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 10:50
Where does it say they "can't be arsed"? Stop making things up Bod.

Stuart

Former ed.

Bod (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 10:53
Lack of effort when recognising there's a problem is what in your book Stu?
Motivationally challenged?
FFS!

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 10:57
You are choosing to interpret what looks like a pretty comprehensive mea culpa and a pledge to put things right for next season through the most negative filter you can manage. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Stuart

Former ed.

Bathbadger (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 11:05
Not really that different to the tone of what was said at the Fans Forum IMHO, once ON BRTV you can judge for yourself.

Would you rather have had happy clapping, corporate b0**0cks?

Cheers,

Rich

Bod (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 11:06
I'm reading what's there Stu - if you want a negativity filter applied please stand well back!

"Even if we have identified them (the problems), we havenít put them right."

Happy to pay your hard earned cash to watch a team taking the pi$$ like that? OK with you?

FairShout (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 11:09
Well yet an other good laugh at the eccentricity and personal anti Bath agenda of the ever isolated few...

There is a great article circulating from a Bath player, wanting to make sure that everyone on the playing staff, learns lesson as starts to take personal responsibility for their own performances.

If almost every posting from a minority, is to simply provoke a negativity, in part being abusive, often just cynical, then is there anyway that they might consider supporting an other club like....Gloucester! ....Oh I sure the Gloucester fans will have very strong opinions of this type of fan "support" getting involved on the Gloucester fans forum...indeed it would be fun to read their reaction (Sm100)

BBWinDublin (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 11:19
I don't think there's a proper lack of effort from the players. They obviously try. But when was the last time they played as if they'd rather die than lose the game, like Leinster did at the end against Clermont? That's the real commitment you need to win things.

Bod (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 11:21
http://ankawa.com/ikonboard/upload/normal_oscar.jpg

Keep me amused FS!

FairShout (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 11:35
We are all laughing in one - DIRECTION...

Interesting caption as that Dictator was a laughing stock too

Also for the record...he was a bully and we all know what happens to bullies.

Great point on the Leinster game, as I was on the edge of my seat, and the players were on the edge of their last breath and ounce of strength

With commitment like that...everything is possible...so great post

Sam Y (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 11:40
Fairshout, does that mean when the Gloucester Forum is back up and running you are moving to them? You are a HairyBack in disguise?

Bri (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 11:42
I don't think we lacked passion or effort,I think every player gave their all,what we lacked is direction and a game plan.With a few new signings and new coaches in place I can see a complete change around,let's be fair Diamond has done it at Sale with average players compared to ours.The problem is what if the new coaches turn it around,what will some have to moan about?

FairShout (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 11:53
Some of you are becoming isolated

This is a Bath Fans Forum...

We will argue, vent our frustrations, have our opinions heard, share in the gossip, enjoy our successes (oops not too many at the moment) but its all in the cause of "supporting" Bath

Using any fans forum to hijack and bully opinion, submit abuse, is not what True Bath Rugby Fans is about

If the only objective for some is to offer constant cynical posts, attack others for their opinions, then why not set up your own blog on any subject and enjoy your devoted followers

This post is about Lack of effort... My opinion is that confidence is low. Does that affect how we play ....probably yes. Im going to Leicester hoping for a win, but realistically just hoping to see 100% commitment...fingers crossed

Rich W (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 11:57
Quote:
Sam Y
Does that mean Hipkiss will pass the ball now if he is taking a look at himself?

I doubt it - he never has for the previous 10 years of his senior career. It's not what he does and never will be. It's a flaw in his game - but one you have to find a way to work around by exploiting what he does do well. If your guys can't work out what that is and how to do so then I don't see that it's his fault - he's not exactly defrauded anyone by doing exactly what it says on the tin.

He carries, he stands up in the tackle and sets a target; he can beat his man and he scores tries. If you want an o-c who passes you better look elsewhere!

Bod (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 12:07
Quote:
FairShout

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39399000/jpg/_39399648_tory_boy203.jpg

Some of you are becoming isolated

This is a Bath Fans Forum...

We will argue, vent our frustrations, have our opinions heard, share in the gossip, enjoy our successes (oops not too many at the moment) but its all in the cause of "supporting" Bath

Using any fans forum to hijack and bully opinion, submit abuse, is not what True Bath Rugby Fans is about

If the only objective for some is to offer constant cynical posts, attack others for their opinions, then why not set up your own blog on any subject and enjoy your devoted followers

This post is about Lack of effort... My opinion is that confidence is low. Does that affect how we play ....probably yes. Im going to Leicester hoping for a win, but realistically just hoping to see 100% commitment...fingers crossed

That is you isn't it?

BathBeaver (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 13:59
Very honest interview with Dan.
IMHO the cause is unmotivated players and a complacency that has causes us to throw away leads, not just this season, but several.

Tom Sutton (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 14:34
He isn't saying that they haven't been trying or that they have lacked motivation. Much more that, in a tough environment when the margins between success and failure are small, the efforts to improve have not been detailed or precise enough and need to be re-directed. (Is this personal motivation, the job of the coaches, or a mixture of both?)
The team needs to work harder, as individuals and collectively, on the pressure moments, everyone on the same page, with no excuses, which is exactly what Hoops said on Tuesday.

Tom in Rochester

retired (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 15:07
Quote:
Ex-Bod
http://favim.com/orig/201105/22/bullshit-enough-love-note-please-quote-Favim.com-52719.jpg
Eh?
Can STHs or anyone get their money back for this season having been sold their tickets under the false pretence that they were watching a professional rugby team?

[www.google.co.uk]

This is you I believe Bod!!
As if you ever spent any money going to watch Bath you closet Glaws supporter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2012 15:12 by Old Egg Chaser.

BathBeaver (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 16:46
What Dan seems to be referring to is the need for players to self-analyse their weaknesses and make corrections. What is the coaching staff there for?
Any good coach, regardless of his field of expertise, should have the ability to analyse faults and apply the necessary remedial action the correct the fault. Sometimes, with the best will in the world, one is not aware of incorrect technique. Nick Faldo, brilliant though he was, needed David Leadbetter to fine tune his play.

johnnyf (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 17:11
I think that the Hipkiss statement just shows how isolated each player feels.
The cohesion in the squad has been startlingly obvious all season, so much so that the appearance of a team playing together has been tragically missing.
It's that old feeling when watching a team perform that they don't know how each other play.
The devastating lack of confidence this brings speaks for itself in the overall performance and outcome of the matches.

Tom Sutton (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 17:14
Exactly BB.
As I tried to indicate in my previous post, any deficiency needs to be identified and worked on by both the individual player and the coaches. There has to be rigour and precision in the process, not target setting along the lines of "I need to do better" - that's too broad and not precise enough.

Tom in Rochester

Bod (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 17:17
I really appreciate the clarification from Dan, and the illumination of the appologists!

3Quarter (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 17:28
I think you are correct Johnny, but that is the job of the coaches and they have been sadly lacking all season.

Fair Shout, everyone coming to Bath matches supports in their own way, with some any criticism of their beloved team is wrong, others take a more objective view. You object to some posters 'bullying' others in their views, but is this not what you are trying to do?

marshie10 (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 18:46
Quote:
3Quarter
Fair Shout, everyone coming to Bath matches supports in their own way, with some any criticism of their beloved team is wrong, others take a more objective view. You object to some posters 'bullying' others in their views, but is this not what you are trying to do?

Bullying people into being better fans? Hmmm.

What Fair Shout is attempting to do is to bring supporters together, everyone is entitled to support however they wish, but what Fair Shout is hoping is that everyone actually supports. There is too much venom on ERE. When we lose, a lot of people go mad and throw their toys out of the pram. But those same "supporters" are then pretty quiet/nowhere to be see after a win! The levels of emotion, joy and praise when we win don't ever reach the levels or criticism, abuse and anger when we lose.

I'm sure Fair Shout bemoans the performances of some players, but I bet he keeps that to the confines of his car on the way back from a game. That, in my opinion, is where it should stay. I admit I've been guilty of criticising a player's performance on here in the past, but I regret doing so.

There's also an attitude of "oh well if the players are going to look at ERE, they should be prepared to read negative comments", why should those comments be there? It's a supporters website, not a critic's website. ERE would be a far more welcoming place if the criticism of the players was kept to the confines of your house, pub or sitting room.

Bod (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 19:06
But Bri - Ere is not a half way home or respite shelter. It is a forum. "A place for public business" "a situation or meeting in which people can talk about a problem or matter especially of public interest"
Get your public out and involved!
I'd love it busier!

retired (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 21:10
Quote:
Ex-Bod
But Bri - Ere is not a half way home or respite shelter. It is a forum. "A place for public business" "a situation or meeting in which people can talk about a problem or matter especially of public interest"
Get your public out and involved!
I'd love it busier!
Stop your pathetic postings Bod and it maybe

P G Tips (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 22:20
Hi Bod

Are you worthy?......................................................

P G Tips (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 22:21
Are you worthy?......................................................

P G Tips (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 22:22
Are you Worthy Gilson in disguise?

PG

Bath Fan (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 22:27
Bod for goodness sake give it a rest. Be critical if you need to but be constructive. You are becoming Bod the Bore.

annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 22:51
Good post someway above johnnyf.
Before Christmas they looked as if they had never met each other. The only game (and I didn't go to that many Aways) I watch, let alone played in the same team and even liked each other. This season was the game at Exeter - where they really fired up and gelled, much to Exeter's discomfort.
I am hopeful that they will all have settled. The will need to think as a team with a new Coaching team arriving - with who knows what fancy ideas about attacking rugby, forwards working as a unit etc.

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 23:18
For me the telling games were the ones I watched on TV with good camera work showing close-ups of the players at rucks and mauls.

You could see the effort and frustration in the players faces and actions. No problems there for me.

The bigger picture from Row Z, however, showed a lack of cutting edge, ambition and confidence, perhaps from a lack of good ball.

So, nothing in this interview IMO, certainly nothing worthy of Bod's stirring/spin, just an honest reflection on the season.

Bri (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 23:21
Load of Balls,there not a Bath player in the squad that doesn't give it their all on a Saturday,end of.

Go on my sonner (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 01:21
neither does Bod id wager

BBandW (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 06:59
A open and honest interview IMHO - I'm happier reading this at the end of a very mediocre season rather than the more traditional "season in transition" corporate blurb.

Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 07:57
Well now all the players know what the problems are- lets hope they take the chance and put in place the necessary corrections and really redouble their efforts this saturday.

This is an appeal to ALL BATH team and subs to show what they are worth this weekend. Not many have the luxury of another chance with nothing to lose.

Go for it Bath with all your might and remember coming second and lack of effort is not an option!!!

We are all rooting for you.

Old Bathonian (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 09:49
I don't see the point of that interview.

It is really very sad if the Club think a bit of "mea cupla/nostra culpa" from a player on the periphery of the squad is enough to excuse the season we have just endured.

The problem at this club is the weakness of our Squad not the effort they put in.

Bod (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 10:15
What physical weaknesses do you perceive OB?

Old Bathonian (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 12:24
Quote:
Ex-Bod
What physical weaknesses do you perceive OB?

Not so much a "lack of physicality" more a "lack of ability"

Just look at the 2 benches for Saturday.

Bod (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 12:33
Well OB, the physicality side should be attended to by the Conditioning Crew (plenty there), the intelligence on the paddock is between the player and the coach, some will have it and other won't.

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 13:25
I think OB just thinks our players aren't very good Bod, not that they've been coached or conditioned badly.

Stuart

Former ed.

Bod (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 13:28
Quote:
TCM2007
I think OB just thinks our players aren't very good Bod, not that they've been coached or conditioned badly.

Oh!

I see!

Like that is it?

I reckon once they've had a bit of proper coaching and positive conditioning we should be able to test his theory?

He might be right............or he might not!
Let's see who really wants it eh?

Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 13:32

Bod (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 13:40
Is he still here?

""You can't say you're going to push for this or that. You've just got to be in the right shape from the kick-off and see where you are after ten, 15 minutes. If you are right, your game evolves on the pitch.

"When we've gone well this season, that's what we've done."

confused smiley(Sm56)(Sm54)

Bath have won just once on the road in the Premiership since October

(Sm100)

Pass the Sanatogen please!

Rich W (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 14:05
Jeez guys - with insight and doublespeak like that - you're attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around its axis!

OBinexile (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 01:02
The type of heading you'd expect from a Daily Mail/tabloid subeditor. Bears little/no resemblance to the report - just used to irritate/amuse/portray prejudices of the expected reader.

Oh, its you again Bod.

Just a thought....

OBinExile

Gareth Redux (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 07:23
Like many others I don't see the report as pointing to a lack of effort at all, I'm sure they bust a gut day in, day out. However, what I see there is Hipkiss admitting to everyone being clueless as to how to put things right. That shocks me. Where was the leadership?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net