rugbyunion
Latest News:

Scott Hobson Retires
Blocks2u (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 11:59

Re: Scott Hobson Retires
mines a black rat (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 12:10
Such potential, and at teh same time remained so diignified during rehab. All the best for the future Scott!!

Have you found the Black Rat?? I have!!

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x373/minesablackrat/Blackrat.jpg

Bod (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 12:17
A real shame!
ATB Scott!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Duke of Earl (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 12:29
That's a great shame, although I suppose on the cards.

Which Tyler (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 12:36

johnnyf (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 12:45
For such a bright and special talent to be trashed at the age of 24 is a life shattering experience.
I've had the privelege of talking to the lad and found him to have a truly good and brave spirit.
He needs and deserves all the help he can get to re-direct all the skills that he has.
A sincere wish for his future.

Bathbadger (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 13:00
Top bloke as well. With his attitude, I'm sure he'll do well in his chosen path.

Cheers,

Rich

Griff (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 13:03
Such a shame for Scott, and masses of potential. Good luck for the future Scott

David Sisi Adopted player 2016/17

"You're going to need a bigger boat"

gloucesterwatcher (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 13:07
Bad luck Scott.
Good luck in the future, you have a lot to offer, whatever path you choose to take.

Tom Sutton (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 13:38
Great shame. Good luck in the future Scott.

Tom in Rochester

Big Five (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 13:54
A real shame all the very best to the young man.

CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 14:13
Good luck Scott.

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

callmeMrTibbs (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 14:16
Sad. But at the same time totally impressed with his attitude. He's going into coaching. I'd give decent odds on him making a success of it.

Bri (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 14:41
I've known Scott for about eight years and I have known he wouldn't be returning for a little over a year,in all that time he has been a true gent always a smile on his face,always had time for a chat.it easy to say he he would of been good but he in my eyes was one of the best players to come out of the Academy in recent years.I watched him develope,watched him play for in England 20s in the world cup.One of my best memories was he was Captain of the A team and we were playing away and getting a stuffing and he took a knock and the coaches,possibly John Palmer or Lilly was calling him off to sub him,his response I can't post but there was noway he was coming off and his attitude for the battle was there for all to see.
I will see you Scott around Keynsham from time to time but I wish you and your partner a bright future,you deserve it.

Footnote well done to the club for seeing him through a difficult time.rugby family.

Bath Fan Jack (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 15:10
Very, very sad for him on a rugby level.

However I am sure he will be a success in his future.

Does bring home the fraility of the "job".......

These people do put htere bodies on the line for the team and the Club and it can be a precarious profession

Armchair Fan (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 15:19
Best of luck for the future.

I like turtles.

ELT (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 15:35
I saw Scott play for the England u20s alongside Dave Attwood. They were both West Country lads, Scott at Plymouth and Atters at Bristol, and I remember thinking then that Bath should snap them up: they could be our first-choice locks for years to come. Great shame that never happened.

All the best for the future Scott.

Bri (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 15:48
Quote:
ELT
I saw Scott play for the England u20s alongside Dave Attwood. They were both West Country lads, Scott at Plymouth and Atters at Bristol, and I remember thinking then that Bath should snap them up: they could be our first-choice locks for years to come. Great shame that never happened.

What game was that in ?

Which Tyler (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 16:19
Bri (or anyone else)
Any news on how much he's recovered?
I'd guess that after 2 years he's made all the neurological improvement he's going to.

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

ELT (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 16:52
Sorry Bri, I can't remember exactly which game, but it was at the Rec against one of the six nations sides, and I think it was an evening game.
I hope I haven't got that wrong. If so, it might be time for some new medication.

callmeMrTibbs (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 17:08
Was that the France game on a horribly murky night?

annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 17:24

Always a welcome at the Rec in the future and thanks for all you've done around the Club over the past year or so.

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

Bri (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 17:30
They are difinately different age groups but that's not to say Scott played up a year.

ELT (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 18:55
I've probably got it wrong, then. I should've known it wouldn't get past you, Bri. Shame though, as I cherish the memory, and they both had cracking games I promise you.
Anyway, they were both talented young players, and it's a great shame Scott won't get the opportunity to fulfil that potential. I wish him well in his chosen career.

OLoingseach (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 19:41
No great surprise, but a real shame nonetheless. Good luck Scott!

A.M 180 (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 19:55
Shame for the lad and the club as he came to Bath with an extraordinary amount of promise. Hope he moves onto better things!

Bri (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 19:58
Really quite lad but he would have been club Captain a real leader,I can't speak highly enough of the lad.

A.M 180 (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 21:12
It's pretty crazy to think a shoulder injury has ended his career.

I actually had presumed it was the knees which IIRC, plagued him in his first years at Bath!

Must have missed the shoulder injury

Bri (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 21:16
He done server nerve damage I believe.

Riddler (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 21:25
Clearly had a significant future within the game ahead of him. Massive shame for him but hopefully if not on the pitch, he might develop the coaching skills he has been working on to become as successful off it. Best of luck Scott!

B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 22:02
As others have said, a great career cut short, I would just like to add that I hope he recovers enough to lead a normal life as I got the impression the injury was severe enough to threaten that.

Can you say Bri?

Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 06:52
All the very best Scott in the future. You certainly showed talent and no little effort and determination and IMHO with Danny's motivation and coaching , I thought you could have become a really great player. Also you would have filled a weak spot in our team for many years to come.

Scott's injury goes to show what a delicate balance this game is between success and not getting there all because of a freak accident and bad injury.

I sincerely hope he is able to make a full recovery and lead a full and satisfy life.

Good luck Scott.

sisteresther (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 09:28
Very sad news indeed for a young man who has shown such an inspiring attitude to such a distressing situation.
Wishing you every success in your new venture Scott, I am sure you will do a great job in taking forward talented youngsters.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net