Latest News:
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Not renewing next season
Posted by: bathmad (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2012 13:24

I have decided not to renew my 2 season tickets held for the past 6 seasons at a cost of approximately 800 last year. The performance of the side this year has been a factor but there are many others issues that are contributing factors.

I am upset at paying hundreds of pounds to watch players that for whatever reason do not play. Specifically Moody, a quality fly half (thought to be Carter or "a player who would make the rugby community stand up and take note" who turned out to be poor & Kyle Eastmond.

I am disappointed in not seeing more of Eastmond in particular as for the 10 minutes he was on against Wasps he showed more zip than any other player. The crowd pay to see this type of player with pace and a step. Only those going to A games (which I did) or going to Leicester will see him play this season.

I understand that this might not be the players fault and injuries happen but as a paying punter I feel massively short changed.

My other issues concern the complete shambles in planning for the new season ahead. During the last 6 seasons I can think of only 1 when we have had a settled coaching team. We are constantly in transition with no continuity.

We keep buying tickets in good faith but I have lost faith in NB etc as I think I have heared it all before. Most of our players are not up to scratch as will be seen this afternoon and no amount of coaching will mask the lack of quality.

Tough decisions have to be made if we are to progress and not renewing my tickets is the hardest one I have made in a long time as I am Bathmad but wathing is making me so depressed.

For those that want to know the other factors are

The Steward who has to stand in front of me directing late arrivals for the first 15 minutes of a match obsuring my view.

The Hog Roast that stops serving or runns out of Hog 10 minutes before kick off

The kick off times of some matches for TV purposes only

Flatman not binding and not getting sacked for it.

Banahan coasting - if he carries on like this he is finished within 2 seasons

Fred Burns - Bath through and through playing for Glouc when he is better than any FH here and should be here.

Re: Not renewing next season
Posted by: Bri (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2012 13:26

Ha ha,this is a joke post?I know the Family Farm that supply the hog ( the Robinson family)I'll ask them to save you a bit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2012 13:29 by Bri.

Posted by: dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2012 13:27

Thanks for letting us know.

For everyone's information, I will be renewing.

Date: 05 May, 2012 13:31

Oh and another thing I forgot to mention

Why are the club asking for feedback on digital media and the new website?

I am much more interested in giving feedback on other issues at the club. Unfortunately I couldn't afford the 5 required to attend the Q&A session.

Date: 05 May, 2012 13:37

Some supporter are, you joined the forum and your first post is this.
I've phoned Robbo and he said he'll kill another pig just for you other than that he always hamburgers left or get there unpleasantly earlier.
Flats is coming to the end of his career and has been a fantastic servant.
The steward,man up and tell him to unpleasantly sit down.
Banners will come good but you won't be there to see it.
Burns left for the wedge no other reason.
It was free and think of the money you save on the hog roast.

Edited by hasta: totally over the top bri

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2012 17:01 by hasta.

Posted by: Stir Crazy (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2012 13:46

(Sm150)

Bye then

Tom "Samson" Biggs - Adopted Player 2012/2013
Chris Cook - Adopted Player 2011/2012
Luke (THE LAW) Watson - Adopted Player 2010/11
Michael " Classy" Claassens - Adopted Player 2009/2010

Building a nice future VETS team!!!

Posted by: A.M 180 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2012 13:47

Quote:
Bri
Why is he not allowed to do this?

Date: 05 May, 2012 13:51

Quote:
A.M 180
Quote:
Bri
Why is he not allowed to do this?

Believe he's a troll, but yes he is allowed to do it but expect some stick from me because I think he's an unpleasant head.

Edited by hasta: also over the top

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2012 17:03 by hasta.

Date: 05 May, 2012 13:53

Bri
I posted specifically because I want the club to know how it is. You have no right to question whether I am a good supporter or not. I predicted this as this is your ususal MO. As I said I have held season tickets for 6 years, I subscribe to SKY & ESPN specifically to wtch Bath. I go to the united games when I can (3 this year). I watch Bath as a teenager from 1984 to 1996 when I moved away from Bath to work having been born bred and lived in Bath.

What makes you a better supporter or gives you more rights to have an opinion than me? I have the right to my opinion.

If however you could get Robbo (whoever he is) to put another Pig on the spit - well there is influence that does impress me but not next season eh.

Nothing like a bit of name dropping.

Date: 05 May, 2012 13:56

If you don't have the same opinion as some of the others on this site then you are a Troll.

Classic

Posted by: CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2012 13:57

A Melksham IP address! Ummmmmmm!

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Date: 05 May, 2012 13:58

When you post on a open forum,I have just as much right to reply.my reasons for not renewing,sold out of pig ha ha.

Posted by: Glen The Ed (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2012 13:58

Quote:
I posted specifically because I want the club to know how it is. You have no right to question whether I am a good supporter or not.

Spot on.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/105/105_0_1234649382.jpg

Chatting about Bath on Twitter? Use the #BRERE hashtag so we can find each other!

Date: 05 May, 2012 14:04

What does my IP address have to do with anything?

Just what are you inferring?

Be specific if you have something to say then say it.

Date: 05 May, 2012 14:06

Quote:
bathmad

What like me and you didn't like that.

Posted by: Stuart Anderton (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2012 14:06

Clearly not a troll Brian.

Odd mix of reasons - individual's performances seem odd reason to stop going to games.

Stuart

Editor of Come On My Lovers

Follow COML on Twitter

Date: 05 May, 2012 14:11

Quote:

Touchy as well!

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Posted by: Kidney Stone (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2012 14:15

Bri - you are becoming the antithesis of Bod.

This guy is allowed an opinion surely. As for ripping it from him because of the hog roast remark, I could understand if that was the prime reason, but it was clearly only one of a list of factors.

By the way, can you swing it for me to get extra crackling?(Sm8)

Date: 05 May, 2012 14:22

Sorry bath mad maybe I was a little harsh.
If you do come back try and sit by me because if anybody obscures my view,they only do it the once.

Date: 05 May, 2012 14:26

No not a troll

Let me clarify

Poor team, players not playng,lack of leadership & in making the hard decisions, facilities poor & no immdeiate prospect of improvement = no renewal this year.

Frustrated so only option is to withdraw until situation changes - for my own sake as I am now resentfulof paying to watch the team I have supported for a long time.

Not an easy decision and hurts me to get to the point where I am thinking this way.

Expectations have been raised and dashed once too often.

My support can no longer be taken for granted because I don't think we are any closer to meeting those expectation than we were three years ago.

Date: 05 May, 2012 14:28

You forgot the Pig.

Posted by: retired (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2012 14:28

Bri - More crackling or i'm not renewing (fatter pigs).

Bathmad I am not sure that the club pay any attention to ERE so you may want to E Mail something to the club.

Date: 05 May, 2012 14:31

All joking aside I know the family really well,the farm is on Lamsdown lane in Weston and I moaned about the amount of crackling every week.

Date: 05 May, 2012 14:36

Bri - the apple sauce is too runny also. More like puree than apple sauce.

Use your not inconsiderable influence to get it fixed please.

Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2012 14:38

Bathmad - I see absolutely nothing in your post to suggest you are a troll, or a bad or disloyal supporter. Well done for taking the time to explain your reasons in full. It's the sort of feedback that the club will probably appreciate. I strongly suspect that you'll be back in your seat one of these days.

Date: 05 May, 2012 14:39

Coochie Coo

The reason I am touchy is because having posted and been attacked by Bri

You then chip in with a comment about my IP address.

There are only 2 or 3 possible reasons that I can see for you doing this. So I'll list them and you can choose the one that applies or you can add your own if I am mistaken.

1. You seek to intimidate me with your superior IT skills in determining that I am curently in Melksham. Big brother is watching etc

2. You saw my post about being Bath born & bred etc and are inferring incorrectly that I am in fact currently living in Melksham amd am therfore a liar or am misleading the forum in some way

3. You want to tell Bri where I am so that he can send around a Hog Roast as I am not a troll.

I would be concerned if it is one of the first two as it would say alot about certain elements this forum.

Posted by: The Oilman (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2012 14:39

All this talk of pigs could offend any Moslem supporters. Take care!

Posted by: Bod (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2012 14:41

Probably too much information CC - some might feel threatened by your revelations of their posting location!
Only you mods need to know this, not the whole of the pub - unless you are introducing a new policy?
(Let us all know eh?)

Whether I agree with the opinions of someone equally as hacked off with me by the Bath 11/12 season is neither here nor there.

Whether your thought police attitude is appreciated Bri will no doubt be debated.

I guess by the time September comes a lot of us will have regained the terminal optimism of a Bath supporter! bathmad as well I hope!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Date: 05 May, 2012 14:42

I've tried to help bath mad,I've told you come and sit with me,I'll meet you before the game so you get a few slices of pig,Burns left for wedge and I expect him to come back for wedge.

Date: 05 May, 2012 14:42

Bathmad - move your seats so a steward can't block your view?

On the playing side, I think things will be better next year.

Pork roll availability when you should already be in your seat - really? I mean, really?

Stuart

Follow COML on Twitter

Date: 05 May, 2012 14:45

Quote:
bathmad
Coochie Coo
The reason I am touchy is because having posted and been attacked by Bri

You then chip in with a comment about my IP address.

There are only 2 or 3 possible reasons that I can see for you doing this. So I'll list them and you can choose the one that applies or you can add your own if I am mistaken.

1. You seek to intimidate me with your superior IT skills in determining that I am curently in Melksham. Big brother is watching etc

2. You saw my post about being Bath born & bred etc and are inferring incorrectly that I am in fact currently living in Melksham amd am therfore a liar or am misleading the forum in some way

3. You want to tell Bri where I am so that he can send around a Hog Roast as I am not a troll.

I would be concerned if it is one of the first two as it would say alot about certain elements this forum.

I think it was 4, CC suspected you might be a regular poster use a pseudonym. I agree it was a bit "off".

Stuart

Follow COML on Twitter

Date: 05 May, 2012 14:48

OK I wish I hadn't metioned the Hog Roast !

but the Burgers are terrible

Date: 05 May, 2012 14:49

Posting location merely means where your server is mine is in London for instance and sometimes moves to Hertfordshire! Frankly IP addresses don't reveal much merely who the server is and it's location. The only use of an IP address is to use it in investigation if there is a legal problem.

Date: 05 May, 2012 14:53

Well bathmad I live 3 miles from Melksham and I am renewing. So I guess you don't need a lift in then.

Date: 05 May, 2012 14:55

And I'll cancel the extra pig.

Date: 05 May, 2012 14:57

Bri - I am pleased that you have clarified the whole hog roast issue. I was pretty certain that the shoddy quality was completely down to SIM.

Posted by: Miles Offside (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2012 15:02

The Eastmond argument doesn't stand up. He was injured for most of the season and as frustrated as anyone by it.The impression I got from Brad & Hoops at the Fans' Forum was that he'll be 1st name on the teamsheet when he's fit. If you want to see him you need to renew your ST!

(Sm109)

Date: 05 May, 2012 15:05

If he or she does come back it would be my pleasure to buy him or her a roll.

Posted by: B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2012 15:47

Can I just say I'm one of the pigs on the aforementioned farm and bearing in mind the hog roast if anyone has a right to be fed up I think it's me.

Not looking forward to next season for obvious reasons...

Posted by: BathBeaver (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2012 16:05

Bathmad does make some valid points and his frustrations will be matched by many who read this site.
I emphasise the word 'read' as after the way bathmad has been treated on his first ever post, is it any wonder that fewer people are prepared to post on ERE.
Considering some of the posts Bri makes, how would he feel if he was treated the same way after his first post.

Date: 05 May, 2012 16:11

I have said sorry but I wouldn't come on a site so negatively,also offered to buy a roll.Just thought it was a joke post at first ,couldntbelieve anyone would blame the club for the pig man running out of pig,never heard the like.
At Wasps the do a lovely Paella but once it's gone it's gone and that's usually half hour before the game.

Posted by: comedowner (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2012 16:13

Always put lee mears on the spit!!!!!!

Posted by: Duke of Earl (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2012 16:16

Bathmad, you are perfectly entitled to post what you did, but you ought to be aware that such postings will provoke a lot of very predictable responses from some quarters.

Date: 05 May, 2012 16:16

Put it down to lack of experience Bri!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Date: 05 May, 2012 16:18

I will.

Posted by: WembdonJumper (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2012 16:23

Thanks Bathmad. Your comments regarding the club's facilities, players attitudes, times of games, are spot on. Have held a ST for 25 years, will ignore the usual summer announcements timed to encourage renewals. Loyalty from Bath supporters has been taken for granted far too long.Why should the club worry when full houses are guarranteed because of that loyalty. Every game is an away game for me and there has to be a very good reason to accept the inconvenience often associated with travelling, particularly evening and late kick off games. In recent times the beauty of the City has been the main reason for keeping my support going. I can choose my visits to Bath at my convenience, I will also do the same for the rugby. Pity your comments Bathmad have been unfairly greeted by some who offer 'Blind loyalty' to the Club.

Date: 05 May, 2012 16:27

As a Bath resident,I much prefer evening kick off or late afternoon ie 5-30pms,I hope we get plenty more of them and if that's down to the Tv good.it doesn't take up all the day light hours then.

Posted by: abendanon-anon-anon (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2012 16:28

Just wait 'til Fair Shout gets back from Tiggers match - he'll have a fit when he gets back - watch out Bri!

Date: 05 May, 2012 16:29

What for sticking up for the club against the pig man

Date: 05 May, 2012 16:35

No, for being an ar$e Bri!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net