rugbyunion
Latest News:

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Re: Not renewing next season
dabos (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 15:06
OFP

A bit harsh on the terrace stewards.Yes, there are some who would fail an audition for the crowd scenes in Deliverance, but have also had positive experience, esp when dabos jnr left his PSP behind after a game. What I would really like to see from stadium redevelopment, is access from the back of the terrace so I don't have to watch the stewards trying to accommodate the pi$$ed up hoorays for the first 15 mins of every game.

marshie10 (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 15:40
Quote:
dabos
OFP
A bit harsh on the terrace stewards.Yes, there are some who would fail an audition for the crowd scenes in Deliverance, but have also had positive experience, esp when dabos jnr left his PSP behind after a game. What I would really like to see from stadium redevelopment, is access from the back of the terrace so I don't have to watch the stewards trying to accommodate the pi$$ed up hoorays for the first 15 mins of every game.

Can guarantee that had you said "@#$%& up plebs" or "@#$%& up commoners", the whole of ERE would be up in arms.

Bri (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 15:47
Funny I've never had trouble with the stewards,I say hello go to my seat.

B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 16:00
I think it's important to separate out the reasons if you're not wanting to renew.

Some are fair criticism if they relate to the match day experience and we've all probably been to away games where we've sat in more comfort, stayed dry, had better food/beer and walked back to the car in the dark without risking breaking a leg in the process.

The moans about on pitch performance are harder to fix and nothing is guaranteed.

You have to decide whether you have the patience to wait for the great days to return. Looking at BC's face on TV during a game suggests to me he certainly has the will to make it happen.

Progress for me would be that whilst waiting for the great days, we are at least entertained with some ambition in the mean time.

bathmad (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 16:33
I object to being classified as a "fair weather supporter" as said I have held 2 ST for 6 years and purchase additional tickets for clients/friends at full price. There hasn't been an awful lot of fair weather during this time, but the weather forecast from the management team has been good for some time now.

Re the stewards, since reconfiguring the IPL stand the situation has got worse. There seems to be more supporters not kowing where their seats are and often supporters are 20 minutes late. I am told that one of the issues is getting people into the ground at the sports centre entrance.

The stewards let supporters come up the steps before spending time helping them to their seats. Often they have to be re diredcted back down the steps.

I have suggested that once the match kicks off they check tickets at the bottom of the steps. This would avoid blocking the views of those who do get to the ground on time when they don't need to do so.

The issue is that the stewards are poorly trained and often just warm bodies making up the numbers and the club is trying to fit as many people into the ground as possible to maximise revenues. The result is that the overall experience has deteriorated even further.

I am all for a Wimledon style policy where yo are not alowed to go t your seat until a break in play but I guess that would be difficult to determine and so is not practical.

pubtime (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 17:16
At the risk of sounding like a stuck record e-mail NB FFS!!!! There is very little point in talking to the monkeys about policy change, surely that's not difficult to fathom!?!?

comedowner (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 17:31
Lads end of season banter a must. WE must get behind the lads next season, I really hope we will get to where we should be next season

Bri (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 17:37
I'm with you Combedowner,behind the club 100% burgers and all.

Bath Fan (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 17:40
But boy will we miss the ERE banter now the forum is closing

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net