Latest News:

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Re: Not renewing next season
Old Bathonian (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 16:39
Quote:
Bri
When you post on a open forum,I have just as much right to reply.my reasons for not renewing,sold out of pig ha ha.

You really are a prize unpleasant person.

edited by hasta: and that's also not acceptable

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2012 17:04 by hasta.

WembdonJumper (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 16:40
What a selfish attitude. I think you will find that if Bath Rugby had to rely purely on local residents, you wouldn't be watching Premiership Rugby.I think your local traders also find 'country' members good for trade!

Bri (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 17:13
Quote:
WembdonJumper
What a selfish attitude. I think you will find that if Bath Rugby had to rely purely on local residents, you wouldn't be watching Premiership Rugby.I think your local traders also find 'country' members good for trade!

Come on let's all get at Brian,it's alright for some to say they aren't going to renew because of kick off times not suiting them but it's wrong for me to say because of where I live evening kick off and late afternoons suit me.When you support a club you go any time a 3 o'clock kick off for me is a pain in the a@@e,long live the 5-30 ko,anyway when your slagging me off at least it's a change to Sir Ian or the club.

Dougie15 (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 18:15
I was most put out when the hog was gone, but I'll be back for some next season.

dragonfly (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 18:53
I for one WILL be renewing my ST next season; whether I continue to read / post on ERE is a more debateable point.There seems to be more chance of a turn around in our fortunes on the pitch than of ERE becoming a forum where opinions and observations about Bath Rugby are exchanged in a civilised manner.

P G Tips (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 19:27
I will be renewing - as I decided to do in 2003 when we were staring relegation in the face: that did not make me a blindly loyal cheerleader then and I am not one now.

I do not agree with many of Bathmad's reasons for not renewing, but I do with some and I understand his gripes - at least about the onfield stuff.

What I do think is that the club have taken the essential first step - realise and acknowledge the problem so you can address it.So I expect an improvement next season.

I also agree wholeheartedly with Dragonfly. What used to be the shining light among rugby forums has become a pretty unpleasant place recently - if the club are turning things round, I hope that we fans can match their effort. If not, this is a membership I will be reviewing.

PG

annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 19:29
P.S. I've had the said chap's organic burgers for a few seasons and always enjoyed, but recently they have deteriorated. The last two matches when I've queued, and they will be the last, were cheap, tasteless, suspect bulked out with breadcrumbs or tofu and not worthy of McDonalds. Smarten up, or you will find we will all be eating before we get to the ground - as in years gone by. Just so you know.
Sadly can't do the hog roasts anymore as the crackling wrecks my expensive to repair crowns!

As to the rugby for next season and renewing, the jury is out in this neck of the woods.

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

dabos (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 19:45
Annie

Find a friend who knows how to use tofu, you will be amazed. A million miles from the foul McD.

Frome Lurkers (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 19:56
after the score today don't know about renewal until i've seen the reports.
But did renew 6 seasons ago-so the jurys out.
wait for new coaching team, signings etc
1000 for 2 is still alot of money!!!

Bri (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 20:04
Well I'm renewing,I don't care what times ko are, (not all suit me).
I don't care who the coaches they bring in,
I don't care if I get wet,well I do but you know what I mean,
I could go on and on about burgers,toilets and stewards but I'll still be there at every home game,on the coach at as many away games as I can afford.I suppose I just love Bath Rugby.

Armchair Fan (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 20:16
...and by extension anyone who does not do the same does not?

I like turtles.

Bri (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 20:18
Not at all,they make their own decision and have their own reasons,I've just stated mine,is that ok.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2012 20:24 by Bri.

Miles Offside (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 20:22
What Bri said. (Sm42)

and also, I'm afraid, what dragonfly said. You know who you are, and you're spoiling something good for nothing but your own sense of self-importance. Let's exchange views and agree to differ, without descending to footballesque levels of personal abuse. Please.

(Sm109)

WestonDave (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 20:26
Wouldn't go as far as to say I'm not renewing, but I'm certainly less enthusiastic about renewing than when we nearly got relegated! At least during that season everyone was pulling together and clearly busting a gut, even if we were frankly pathetic. There was none of the strolling around we've seen this season - it was obvious the players were doing their best.

The style of play this season has not made it so obvious that the same level of effort has been put in - that may be entirely down to the designated tactics (i.e. defence first so don't get out of position chasing kicks etc), so I'm not putting the blame on players but its not a style I want to spend another season watching or more importantly giving up 300 and 14 afternoons I could be spending with my kids. For me one of the key issues will be if we have anyone in the new coaching setup with a creative attitude to attack. Of course the other reason we were more positive after the near relegation is that we dumped 13 players and made major changes to the squad - we don't have that this time round.

FourSticks (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 20:44
Frankly I will need a lot of convincing before I renew. I went through the relegation years believing we would improve. I even forgave the nilled LI match - it was, after all a catalyst for the rest of the season. But for me, the semi final against Leicester was the last straw - no, strike that, third to last straw.

The second to last straw was today's match. Many have reported that Bath gave a much better showing than previously. but to me it is all so much huff and puff without achieving anything. We just do not have the incision to score points and win matches.

The last straw would be that we end up with no recognised attack coach - and if the rumours are correct, that particular straw is being loaded onto the camel as I write...

FairShout (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 20:50
Whilst I wholeheartedly do not agree with BathMad on nearly every point, including questioning his wonderful timing just hours before our final match of the season...he is never the less entitled to his opinion.

My neighbours are looking for GOOD seats next year so if he wants to post me direct, then I am happy to put in touch and see if something can be sorted out as they are frustrated and being at the bottom of the pile.

What is far more interesting than BathMads post was the ongoing criticism of all things Bath...whilst the players were warming, whilst the first half heroics were going on and bloody frustrating whilst we were collapsing in the second half. Cant we have a mini break from moaning whilst a match is actually going on!

In Todays Tigers program, there was an article about The Aviva Premiership "measuring supporters devotion to their club"...where oh fellow ere posters do you think we would be? Top or Bottom of the devoted supporters...just hope the judges havent been on this site

Armchair Fan (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 21:12
Quote:
FairShout

<some other interesting stuff on which I have no comment>

In Todays Tigers program, there was an article about The Aviva Premiership "measuring supporters devotion to their club"...where oh fellow ere posters do you think we would be? Top or Bottom of the devoted supporters...just hope the judges havent been on this site

Why should anyone care how 'devoted' or 'passionate' or 'noisy' any one individual fan or group of fans considers you to be?

I remain indifferent to anyone else's measure of my worth (or lack thereof) as a Bath supporter. Equally I make no judgement of anyone else in this context. All are here (or at the Rec or at an away ground or watching on TV) because they want to be. I don't feel that anyone who self-describes as a 'fan' or 'supporter' has to earn the approval of myself, fellow ERE posters, non ERE Bath fans, opposition fans or dreary surveys that serve as space-fillers in a programme.

I like turtles.

retired (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 21:41
"My neighbours are looking for GOOD seats next year so if he wants to post me direct, then I am happy to put in touch and see if something can be sorted out as they are frustrated and being at the bottom of the pile."
Why can't they wait in line like everybody else?

Sir Redneck (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 21:43
Regarding the pig, do they use a Tamworth, Saddleback or everyones favourite......the Gloucester Old Spot??!!!

Old Bathonian (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 09:01
Quote:
Old Bathonian
Quote:
Bri
When you post on a open forum,I have just as much right to reply.my reasons for not renewing,sold out of pig ha ha.

You really are a prize unpleasant person.

edited by hasta: and that's also not acceptable

Fair do's, sorry.

terracehugger (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 09:23
I don't think I have ever read so much total twaddle in all my life.
Some of you posters need to grow up and get a life.
The reason I post is because I am passionate about the club, and this forum allows me to vent my frustrations along with everyone else.
You are are really kidding yourselves if you believe, for one second, that you can make a difference to the real decision makers.
This forum makes me all of angry, frustrated, happy, amused, but most of all, it is a much valued outlet to express my opinions, and whether anyone agrees, or not, I don't give a monkeys.
I will be most certainly renewing my season ticket next year, and by the way, the organic lamb burgers are simply orgasmic!!!
Ate logo, as they say in Portugal.

annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 09:43
Do tell.
Who are the 'real' decision makers?
And why should they ignore what is written on a Fans Forum.

You are obviously more of a connoisseur of burgers than myself. I like mine to have a taste of meat and herbs.

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

pubtime (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 10:27
(Sm150) good bye to the fair weather supporters.. I will be renewing my two.. Im here for the long haul, hog roast or not!!! Hope you find something fun to do with your time bathmad.. an allotment maybe or perhaps take up pig farming??

Armchair Fan (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 10:38
Quote:
annie blackthorn
Do tell.
Who are the 'real' decision makers?
And why should they ignore what is written on a Fans Forum.

You are obviously more of a connoisseur of burgers than myself. I like mine to have a taste of meat and herbs.

For the reason that we are clearly a bunch of nutters, most of whom would apparently struggle to find their own backside even if the co-ordinates were tapped into their satnav and they had a team of native backisde trackers on standby? (Sm100)

Seriously, some views I have heard outside this forum (i.e. in meatspace) are wildly outside the views which are common here - in both directions. Some of the negativity I have heard makes this place seem like a kindergarten. Other folks seemed blissfully unconcerned by anything.

I don't think this board should be seen as a barometer of what the general fan is thinking, neither now nor at any time previous.

There are a good few folk care who care little about what we think and do not desire to add there two penn'orth. Not even back in the days when ERE was less like a wild west saloon.

Lamb burgers are fine - they consistently deliver. Perhaps the burger team have world class operating systems in place?

I like turtles.

Optimist (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 12:08
http://standupforamerica.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/respectful-discourse.jpg

comedowner (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 12:12
I'm renewing. I'm not Oh I am. Ooooooohhhh. Grow up guys. still say youre barking up the wrong tree

Glen The Ed (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 12:14
Quote:
good bye to the fair weather supporters

This is what I hate about my own site! Wholly unnecessary and lacking of respect.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/105/105_0_1234649382.jpg

Chatting about Bath on Twitter? Use the #BRERE hashtag so we can find each other!

pubtime (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 21:43
The problem with your site is that it attracts people who write subjective nonsense about a club I'm rather passionate about.. Please forgive me if I feel moved to comment, after all it is an open forum!!!

We are lucky to have a guy running the club who has vision, passion wherewithal and perhaps over zealous enthusiasm but unquestionable desire to make things happen.
If there are people who are not bought into the vision or don't have belief in what he is trying to achieve it's their choice to walk but let them do it with respect..

We have a great club a fantastic history enviable fans and a very bright future and I and many others will continue to support Bath despite the difficulties this season...BR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2012 22:03 by pubtime.

retired (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 22:50
I agree with you totally and no doubt you will now be castigated for being a member of the glee club ...

pubtime (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 23:59
The only club I'm interested in is Bath Rugby Club.. We seem to have attracted a bunch of whingers who perhaps are best off joining their local tidily winks club... Good bye to y'all. We need some new blood

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2012 07:34 by pubtime.

Bod (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 00:31
You ain't really that tuned into things are you pubtime are you?
I mean, really?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Armchair Fan (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 00:58
Why are you being disrespectful to our wingers, pubtime. Whoever has turned out there - Banaham, Biggs, Carraro, Woodburn etc have all done their best. That comment is bang out of order. thumbs up

I like turtles.

comedowner (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 01:53
Glen the ed said it in one (tonight's bully prize ) fair wheather supporters You are the weakest link GOODBYE x

Armchair Fan (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 01:55
That 'whoosh' noise was Glen's point flying over your head, comedowner. Poor.

I like turtles.

Bri (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 02:05
The problem is it's just easy to slag off the club and get a reaction but when you post you love the club we 're members of the glee club.
Of coarse we can all have our own opinions but this is a Bath Rugby fans club forum,so whether rightly or wrongly if you post detrimental things about the club what do you expect.
Combedowner sounds like he's been a fan like me for a long time and is passionate about the club and hates fair weather fans but it's only our opinions.

comedowner (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 02:12
Lee stop being disruptive xx

comedowner (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 02:15
Lee mis understood SORRY MATE

marshie10 (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 02:33
Quote:
Lee Bideaux
That 'whoosh' noise was Glen's point flying over your head, comedowner. Poor.

Got to be one of the best/funniest comments I've seen on ERE, I laughed extremely hard. Ha!!

pubtime (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 07:24
Ha ha Lee thanks for pointing that out its my eyes you see....

Bod you are right I find it very hard to tune in to what you are about..

. (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 08:16
Wow, Bod attacking the mouthfoamers!?

It is indeed time for a summer break when I begin to agree with bod

Bathmad, good on you for your decision
CC, a prime example of despicable behaviour of you abusing your mod status and posting iP info

Glen, I admire your work here very much despite all the bs here it is a very good forum. Stay the course

Moneyball versus bums on seats... If the product continues to disappoint then the business will fail... Be it hog roast or rugby

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2012 12:07 by Old Fat Prop.

Armchair Fan (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 09:55
Pubtime, comedowner, glad both of you took my joshing in good humour thumbs down

I like turtles.

Kidney Stone (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 11:51
It seems as though it's gonna be a lot easier to get to the bar in this pub soon.

pubtime (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 12:53
bathmad a few suggestions/comments:

Stewards: We had an incident with a steward on the east stand during the Glaws game. A couple of us e-mailed NB, he asked to meet to discuss the incident, he dealt with it swiftly, problem solved. Steward was not re-employed by the security company. Maybe you should raise your concerns/issues with NB?

Hog Roast: Catering companies (Bath outsources its catering) on tight margins find it hard to predict demand but if you have an issue with them raise it. If that fails, e-mail NB and ask him to investigate and insist that supply always exceeds demand. Perhaps though get to the ground earlier to guarantee you get your roll?

Injuries: rarely the fault of the players but yes a damned nuisance when they are not available. However I might humbly suggest, to ease your frustration, you follow a low impact sport where injuries are less likely. Or e-mail NB and request he does everything within his power to minimise injuries and their impact on the match.

TV times: I can understand this is an awful inconvenience at times but may I suggest you e-mail NB and propose he investigates opting out of the SKY/ESPN contract that all clubs have signed up to. After all revenue generation in professional Rugby Union to keep the clubs/game alive isn't really a priority over the convenience of the fans is it..??

Re: the players, Flatman has been a great servant and Bananaman a fans hero not too long ago, and Glaws have hardly been a ripping success this year!! but my suggestion, because your memory seems short and your patience shorter, is therapy?

Finally re: coaches I feel quite confident the Bath management are taking action on this... Since I have been a season ticket holder we have struggled to hang on to coaches with a succession of them disappearing into the international scene. Our steady decline from preeminence was entirely for this reason..victim of our own success perhaps!? Hopefully the new coaches will bring stability but maybe you could e-mail NB and congratulate him on the actions the club appears to be taking? smiling smiley

Dear Glen could I ask you to lead this site back to being a constructive forum where people can debate and exchange information about this great club objectively.. we all get frustrated but we do seem to have attracted a whole bunch of people who nourish on negativity..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2012 13:53 by pubtime.

Frome Lurkers (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 13:11
Spot on Pubtime!

. (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 14:00
Not sure it is good enough. The product is flawed.

The steps taken to rectify issues at managerial level both within the coaching staff and the board are laughable.

SIM's sidestep of the issue of coaching vacumm created by Meehan's sacking is astonishign and telling.

We are in trouble. I see no signs that the Board have the savy to hire a "Do Everything including selling programs" DoR who will get us out of this mess.

The fact that customers of this product have become disillusioned and have lost confidence is no small wonder.

Even those who have not lost that confidence in Bath Rugby PLC should be able to recognize that it is quite reasonable for others to have lost faith and cannot justify the expenditure of a season ticket.

This once again polarizes to the few here who see only in blue,black and white, and others who see things differently.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2012 14:02 by Old Fat Prop.

Glen The Ed (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 14:28
Quote:
Dear Glen could I ask you to lead this site back to being a constructive forum where people can debate and exchange information about this great club objectively.. we all get frustrated but we do seem to have attracted a whole bunch of people who nourish on negativity..

Pubtime - I'll be posting a message about the direction of this site very shortly. Just tying up a few loose ends.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/105/105_0_1234649382.jpg

Chatting about Bath on Twitter? Use the #BRERE hashtag so we can find each other!

BBandW (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 14:35
Despite the unfortunate toilet roll shortage at one home game last season, I have decided, after much deliberation, to give BC et al the benefit of the doubt, and as such, will be renewing next season. I will though continue to monitor the situation closely.

retired (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 14:47
"This once again polarizes to the few here who see only in blue,black and white, and others who see things differently"

I am from simple rugby folk who enjoy the hog roast and loyally support their chosen club, they categorise themselves as fans and followers as opposed to "customers of a product"
I buy my ticket, I go to watch a rugby match and I go home either happy or sad. Any "consultancy advice" I reserve for the job that gives me the funds, to by that ticket.
Pigeons for holes maybe!!

pubtime (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 15:05
Old Egg Chaser thumbs down, Glen thumbs down, Old Fat Prop unbelievable sweeping generalisations!!!

. (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 15:33
OEC,

Simple? I doubt that totally. But rugby is now big business. The cost to the club of missing the HC next year is huge in monetary and presitge perspectives.

Our ability to recruit people who "Will make the rugby world stand up and take notice" will be greatly limited by us not competing in the top tier in Europe.

Even 'Simple ole hog eatin' country folk' will see that, but perhaps in a blue, black and white sort of hue.

People are voicing their opinions on their confidence in Bath Rugby PLC with their wallets. In such tough economic times that choice to not renew is even easier.

I love a day out at the Rec. But over the past years a sort of undeserved smugness seems to prevail in parts of the club considering that we stand on scaffolding and que at length to pizz in toilets best suited to a building site.

The best people in my opinion are the ticket ladies in the match day office. They are always up for a laugh and have asked me for my autograph when I pose as Johnny Wilko and asked for my reserved VIP tickets.

The worst are the stewards in the club house end. They are under trained,stupid and arrogant and severely detract from the experience.

I spend about 150 on a match day all in and that doesn't come as easily as it did a few years ago. If I am going to see mediocre rugby, get told off by snot nosed arrogant stewards and have to bring my own food, then I would think twice and twice again before making the effort.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net