rugbyunion
Latest News:

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: c'mon Bris!
TCM2007 (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 13:54
Bristol were 14-0 up after 10 minutes. They have shown a real lack of mental strength.

pirates take a 21 point lead to the second leg.

Stuart

Former ed.

Bri (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 13:55
Fantastic result,

ligger (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 13:58
Great game and result

Have family in Penzance so have a soft spot for them also.

Going to take an amazing turn around next week, should be a cracking game.

Bri (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 14:02
Can you fly direct to Jersey from Bristol?

Bod (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 14:06
Quote:
Bri
Can you fly direct to Jersey from Bristol?

You can if you hijack it - otherwise, why would you bother?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 14:07
Cryptic AND bitter in one sentence!

Stuart

Former ed.

Jersey from Bris
trolleydolly (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 14:13
Hi Bri,
We have flown to Jersey from Bristol- it involved a brief stop at Guernsey.
Cheers

Lesley

P.S Dave Ward may not have the best throw-in but boy does he operate in the loose

Clarkey3k (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 14:15
Thank you for the score updates, wish I had watched it live, looks like a cracking match. I'll be at the Memorial Ground for the return leg. Are there any terrestrial highlights to be seen?

Bri (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 14:20
Don't think there are,except news,htv perhaps,To be completely honest I know Pirates can't be promoted but The Championship is very poor this season and I've been saying that for a while,all four teams in the semis would struggle if they came up.
Bristol can turn the score around but they would have to sign a whole squad to compete at Prem level.IMHO.

BBandW (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 14:23
Assuming that Brizz can't overcome the deficit in the second leg, does that mean Newcastle stay up because of the ground suitability stuff ?

Bri (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 14:25
Appears so,although London Welsh have applied to go up subject to them ground sharing.

BBandW (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 14:27
Quote:
Bri
Appears so,although London Welsh have applied to go up subject to them ground sharing.

Thanks for the clarification B. Couldn't LW have Brizz's big ground - they won't be needing it ?

Bri (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 14:30
I think they have two options,one being Brentford fc,forgot the other.

callmeMrTibbs (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 14:54
Wouldn't count Bristol out yet.

[Though I remain hopeful.....] (Sm100)

Bri (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 14:56
They can turn it around without a doubt.

devizes bath fan (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 15:00
Maybe we could let them have Ovens back for the return leg?

Optimist (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 15:03
is it credible or possible to concede 45 points in a single game and be the best team in your division? Very strange.

callmeMrTibbs (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 15:27
Tigers conceded 50 earlier this season.

(Okay, extenuating circumstances....)

retired (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 15:55
Quote:
Ex-Bod
Watching this and seeing the ground reminds of an away day to W.Hartlepool or Roslyn Park, or even the old Orrell and Sorries grounds!

And a few others. I have been to a few championship games, the atmosphere and rugby experience is similar to the 1980s. I loved the trips to Wales before the Courage Championship was formed

King Curtis (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 16:17
God I enjoyed that.

I'm going to the return leg I think. Will be wearing my Bath shirt. Haha!

P G Tips (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 16:34
Much as I would love to see Bris come up again, I have to say, "Bravo Pirates!".

Cornwall is such a rugby county, it would be great if they could organise a stadium and gain promotion in 2 years.

PG

B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 16:47
I'd have to admit I'm not keen on Bris returning.

Their coach said afterwards:-

"It's obviously very disappointing. We just didn't really get going today...."

I'd say a 14-0 lead was a decent start?

I only saw the first half but wasn't too impressed with the ref (JP) who gave all the 50/50 decisions to the Pirates.

ballsout (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 17:45
Good fun to watch. I couldn't help but think of Big Dave's cowardly alter ego he registered to mouth off his anti-Bath abuse at every opportunity. I hope they get promoted so we can inflict similar scorelines on them next year, if not beat them even more convincingly.

Bri (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 17:52
If they don't go up this year it will be very tough next,Newcastle appear to be holding onto a lot of players and have 3,000,000 for next season.Rotherham,Leeds,Pirates,London welsh,Bedford and Nottingham have all had players taken by the Premiership and Celtic league teams making it even weaker than this year.So I if they aren't promoted i see it as a two horse race with Newcastle by far the stronger.P

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 18:15
Next year they change back to an old school top 4 playoff system too.

Stuart

Former ed.

Big Dave (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 18:27
Ballsout, you sure there's not some opportunities for cowardice I've missed down the years? Let me know and I'll go go back and make sure I've ticked them off for you.

DanWiley (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 19:08
On what basis is plymouth's ground not up to scratch? Never been, but I can't believe it is significantly worse than the rec and at 8500 capacity aren't there clubs that don't even attract that many, despite the capacity.

Feels like somewhere between a bit of nonsense and an old boys club.

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 19:12
Here are the requirements Dan. Set aside a few hours to read them:

[www.copthall-application.co.uk]

Stuart

Former ed.

Big Dave (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 19:12
Dan, as I understand it you have to indicate your intention to be promoted and thsu subject yourself to the audit. On that basis Plymouth's ground may well be up to scratch or wouldn't take much work to be so, but as they've been in the relegation play off for two seasons they've probably never bothered to find out . . .

Bri (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 19:16
Plymouths ground is not up to standard I believe.

Bri (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 19:28
Welsh getting ready

[www.london-welsh.co.uk]

DanWiley (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 19:51
It isn't, but i don't know why and I doubt I've got the time to find out. I'm sure they don't have the capacity for one though, but is that really an issue if their capacity is higher than the ave attendance of a, albeit small, number of premiership clubs?

Can they ever justify spending millions, if not tens of millions on seats that they won't fill? No point applying when they are obviously so short I guess.

Bri (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 20:57
Replay on sky sports 3 now.

Kidney Stone (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 21:17
That was a great game. Spotted a couplee of BBW shirts in the crowd too!

The return should be an epic.

Hamptonite (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 22:13
Plymouth Albions ground would take very significant investment to get it anyway near AP standard. I have been there 5 or 6 times in recent years and I would be amazed if their current licenced capacity is anything above 5000.

However the big issue should be concerning adequate facilities v adequate standard of team. What is the point of going thru the charade of a play off system if only 1 team has had the ground facility passed by PRL?

DanWiley (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 12:07
They managed nearly 7k only a few years back, it might have deteriorated since, but I can't imagine it would cost that much to get it back to that level.

Newcastle, Wasps, Exeter, Sale, Sarries! and Irish have all had attendances well below 7k, for many of those teams consistently, for some they've never got beyond 7k.

I've no particular love for Plymouth, it just seems a shame should they prove themselves good enough through the game to be denied through paperwork, particularly when it is such meaningless paperwork.

Dorset Boy (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 19:10
Am I missing something... why are Plymouth being discussed when it was the Pirates who spanked Briz?

Couldn't someone in Cornwall buy some scaffolding and build a temporary ground - bit like we do at the Rec?

It would IMHO be very foolish not to take the chance of promotion when you've earnt it.

Bri (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 19:13
I think the nearest ground to them that was acceptable was Plymouth Argles ground but that fell through for some reason.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net