rugbyunion
Latest News:

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Re: GARY GOLD
Bri (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 11:25
Being attack coach is going to me the most difficult of jobs inmo.Unless we sign a couple of top quality backs.

Bod (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 11:46
Quote:
Bri
Being attack coach is going to me the most difficult of jobs inmo.Unless we sign a couple of top quality backs.

It'll be a peace of pi$$ if we've got forwards consistently winning quick ball!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Toast and Marmite (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 11:48
Quote:
Ex-Bod
Quote:
Bri

It'll be a peace of pi$$ if we've got forwards consistently winning quick ball!

Blimey Bod, something I agree with. (Sm151)

Nail. Head.

Hamptonite (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 11:50
Toby Booth has been in the Bath frame for a few weeks now.
Just the final negotiations holding it up

Bri (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 11:53
[quote marshie10]Booth is definitely not coming. It's lazy journalism. We weren't priced out of the Booth move either.

We have to wait and see.any one guess when.

Beer Belly (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 12:16
A quarter after noon and all is quiet!

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy221/bathbeerbelly_photos/beerbelly.jpg

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy221/bathbeerbelly_photos/Roko701-1.jpg
Beer Belly's new adoptee for the 2012/13 season.

Welcome to The Rec - officially!

Cheers! (Sm63)

K9sixtwo (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 12:18
Agree with Bod as well!!!

And likewise with Beer belly..waiting waiting waiting.. Mind you I remember when Smee was announced, it took us by surprise a bit...

Griff (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 12:23
Maybe there is some truth to the Booth rumours and we're stalling to announce the whole new coaching team at once!

David Sisi Adopted player 2016/17

"You're going to need a bigger boat"

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 12:29
Booth, say the Mail

Lot of chiefs.

Stuart

Former ed.

ballsout (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 12:31
Tom Bradshaw on Twitter:

"Announcement on Bath Rugby coaching team for next season imminent. Five-man team, although not much under wraps now after SA airport ambush!"

Bod (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 12:33
Quote:
TCM2007
Booth, say the Mail
Lot of chiefs.

Indeed, made me think as well!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

DanWiley (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 12:40
The assumption seems to be that Gold as DoR and Booth as HC? I've no particular knowledge.

On the Gold front I find that unsettling. What Gold has done at Newcastle has been to gel a set of players and make them produce effective rugby. That's what I see a HC doing. What he hasn't done is shown he can put a team of coaches together, make new acquisitions, manage the succession of coaches, players and leaders and generally put in place a rugby strategy for the next 5+ years. I'm not saying that Booth has, just that I've not seen that aspect of Gold.

I was surprised to find I was actually quite interested when we were thinking of him as HC (or I thought we were), I'm less enthused by him as DoR (not that I'd thought who would be).

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 12:40
Quote:
James Cole ‏ @JColeSkySports
Toby Booth is set to be included in Bath's new coaching set-up #rugby

Stuart

Former ed.

08 May, 2012 12:42
Long as we have a good season I dont care how many people are involved long as we have a good enough squad to compete next season I'll be happy

BathBeaver (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 12:43
I'm concerned if Brad had some responsibility for attack this season, albeit combined with defence. Our attack was inept and made me wonder if there was an attack coach at all.

Bod (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 12:46
Quote:
DanWiley
The assumption seems to be that Gold as DoR and Booth as HC? I've no particular knowledge.
On the Gold front I find that unsettling. What Gold has done at Newcastle has been to gel a set of players and make them produce effective rugby. That's what I see a HC doing. What he hasn't done is shown he can put a team of coaches together, make new acquisitions, manage the succession of coaches, players and leaders and generally put in place a rugby strategy for the next 5+ years. I'm not saying that Booth has, just that I've not seen that aspect of Gold.

I was surprised to find I was actually quite interested when we were thinking of him as HC (or I thought we were), I'm less enthused by him as DoR (not that I'd thought who would be).

Praps so DW - I'd guess that GG having spent 4+ with PdV and the Boks set up is possibly the kind of clear seeing diplomat and visionary that survival in that political environment requires.
I think he'll be fine as head honcho, and will know how to keep BC2/NB's snouts out of the day to day of the coaching team.

08 May, 2012 12:48
What is taking Bath to announce whats going on??

Bod (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 12:51
Quote:
bathfanstuckinhighwycombe

Searching SIMs old office for IEDs and booby traps?
(Sm3)

devizes bath fan (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 12:53
If the 5 is as suspected, my major concern would be attack. As far as my limited knowledge, they wouldn't include anyone who even has even played as a back in Union.

Bathbadger (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 13:06
Quote:

Perhaps the other clubs have to formally announce staff as leaving first before we can announce them joining?

Cheers,

Rich

pubtime (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 13:15
Toby Booth move to Bath just announced on Sky Sports news on TV with that statement the Bath will announce their new coaching line up this afternoon...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2012 13:17 by pubtime.

Griff (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 13:17
Quote:

It's probably all ready to be announced. The club know we are all waiting and are seeing how long they can make us wait! Much like luggage handlers at airports, they can see you waiting but keep hold of your bags to annoy you (Sm143)

08 May, 2012 13:19
SIM's hogging the fax machine.

mines a black rat (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 13:23
Perhpas Booth and hatley are struggling to smuggle JJ into a car bound west down the M4.

Have you found the Black Rat?? I have!!

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x373/minesablackrat/Blackrat.jpg

Humpo (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 13:32
I bloody hope so MABR!!!

08 May, 2012 13:35
Yeah DO NOT get me started with airport baggage staff I thought it was a joke when somebody told me they lob ur suitcases onboard the plane but when I saw it I wasnt happy esp as mine was thrown like a Michael Classy pass swift and direct!!
And yeah hes probably hogging the fax machine lol and get JJ into a range rover there big enough!!

Eastbath (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 13:54
Well its there as stated by some here

stuckinlondon (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 13:56
It's offical Gold, Ford, Booth Hatley and Davies

Rampant (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 13:56
Its official now

Quote:
Offy
Gary Gold, who most recently made a significant impact by returning Newcastle Falcons to winning ways, will join as Head Coach, taking charge of the rugby department. He will be bringing Toby Booth, Mike Ford, and Neal Hatley in alongside Brad Davis as his coaching team for next season.

Offy Linky here

Boy (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 13:58
Bizarre...

Quote:
More details about each of the coaches' specific roles will be provided when they report for pre-season in June.

ballsout (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 14:00
From having not enough coaches to having plenty! Very strong line-up, very exciting. Just need Paul James to sign and a new centre now :-)

Rucking Carl (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 14:00
I'm a little concerned that 3 of the 4 coaches won't have specific roles until pre-season starts but otherwise looking forward to seeing where they'll take us.

Griff (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 14:03
Quote:
Spudley Zutroy
Bizarre...
Quote:
More details about each of the coaches' specific roles will be provided when they report for pre-season in June.

It is odd that specific roles haven't been given, but I'm guessing the club wanted to confirm everything and not have months of speculation into who could be coming. Hatley does indicate he's the forwards coach.

David Sisi Adopted player 2016/17

"You're going to need a bigger boat"

Rampant (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 14:05
A summer of optimism ahead! smiling smiley

Blocks2u (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 14:07
Its sort of on the offy NOW

Ian

Blocks2u (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 14:08
But it's not working properly.

TB tweet

That ought to put hairs on the pack's chest - Gary Gold joined at Bath Rugby next season by Mike Ford, Toby Booth & Neal Hatley.

Ian

Boy (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 14:09
The real question mark seems to be what Booth's role/title will be. You'd be surprised if he went from a Head Coach role to something less, but the offy states that Gold will have that title for us.

Still, undoubtedly an impressive move by everyone involved in putting together what is on paper an incredibly strong team.

GMC_LI (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 14:09
Best of luck to you Bath and 'vive la revolution' at London Irish who will have a whole new coaching set up next season.

It was interesting to note that Shaun Edwards and Dave Ellis were present at our last game against Gloucester. I'd be quite happy if we had those two names under consideration.

08 May, 2012 14:10
Quote:
Professor Griff
Quote:
Spudley Zutroy
Bizarre...
Quote:

It is odd that specific roles haven't been given, but I'm guessing the club wanted to confirm everything and not have months of speculation into who could be coming. Hatley does indicate he's the forwards coach.

Some good coaches there although not sure about how they'll work as a team. It does give the impression that they're going to appoint position to the people rather than people to the positions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2012 14:11 by devizes bath fan.

Blocks2u (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 14:14
It's working now but you're right it's still vague.

"Gary Gold, who most recently made a significant impact by returning Newcastle Falcons to winning ways, will join as Head Coach, taking charge of the rugby department." Sounds like a DoR role in all but name or am I missing something. Famine to feast now (Sm100)

Ian

RUGBY MAD (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 14:18
i did start this post and took alot of stick from ballsout and others.

we get alot of news in SA if SA players or coaches are the topic

i know gary well and top man the rest not so sure time will tell.

DoR - Gold
Head Coach - Booth
Forwards Coach - Hatley
Backs Coach - Davis
Defence Coach - Ford

fatmallon (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 14:26
I'm with you Rugby Mad. It looks the most logical set up and one that I hope can deliver for us

Toby Sure (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 14:30
You b----ds!

At least Neil and Toby won't have to worry about money with you rich boys, Just as players careers are short. I guess coaches' careers are too, and they have to earn their pensions where they can. Also plenty of scope for improvement at Bath, so it is money for old rope.

Don't forget that Gary Gold was DOR here at Irish when Toby was Academy manager. Those were the seasons when we played the most abysmal, boring Sarries-type rugby ever, but the whole squad was shoe-horned into about half of the salary cap. No such problems at Bath.

Toast and Marmite (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 14:41
Thanks for your kind words and good wishes Toby..

Tall Paul (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 14:43
No sour grapes then, Toby? Thanks for the constructive advice (Sm161)

Matt Garvey- proudly adopted for 2017-18

Bathbadger (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 15:25
DBF:
Some good coaches there although not sure about how they'll work as a team. It does give the impression that they're going to appoint position to the people rather than people to the positions.

Spot on i think DBF. Have to say Well done NB/BC et al, obviously some major investment both in personnel and 's smiling smiley Thankyou

Cheers,

Rich

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 15:57
No shortage of resources, and plenty of forwards coaching nous there.

But NB, please let's not go down the same path as when SIM joined of lack of clarity of roles.

We've now got a head coach (not DoR), and two other coaches who have also been head coach in the Premiership, and another who's next job at another club is likely to be head coach. Many chiefs; you need absolute clarity on who does what and reporting structures to make that work,

Stuart

Former ed.

Huxster (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 16:32
We can but hope that Ford very quickly becomes a Head Coach elsewhere!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Huxster8/Huxster6.jpg

Optimist (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 16:46
Quote:
marshie10
Booth is definitely not coming. It's lazy journalism.

Hmm...I feel another award coming on. Mystic Marshie?

Bri (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 17:18
And I have been told Brad is attack coach

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net