Latest News:

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Re: I'm Closing ERE
sid the seagull (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 18:33
Disaster!
Thanks Glen and the others.
How am I going to find out what you lunatics are up to down there now?

FLAP HOP PECK SQUAWK

Sir Redneck (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 19:59
I can only echo the sentiments already expressed.

I've loved playing in the Moz Matches and particularly the FB7s, and I've been fortunate enough to make some good mates off the back of ERE.

I'll never forget my first posting, I said what a cracking hooker Phil Greening was.........I got absolutely hammered for it but it didn't put me off!! :-) The difference 'back then' was that although people didn't agree with me, none of their comments were personal or spiteful.

Thanks for the sacrifices you've made Glen, you're a top fella.

CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 20:07
Echo all the accolades you have got Glen. A personal thanks for your friendship and as movers and shakers your site started the ball rolling for the 20k petition to keep Bath Rugby at the Rec. We had a lot of fun in those days and were a real community. The Moz match was of course the catalyst and it was then that I was outed!

Yes I have made a number of good friends through ERE and the fact that Masa has posted in this thread is quite poignant as we found that we were once neighbours and our sons were school friends!

Glen it has been a great privilege to work with and for you on ERE and I feel very sad as being the first poster on the new SN site 12 years or so ago what used to be a vibrant and extremely amusing site has turned to this.

RIP ERE

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

trolleydolly (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 20:08
Do you know Glen, I am probably in the minority but I much prefered ERE in print. I used to really look forward to getting to the Rec and get my hands on the latest edition. How you kept that going as long as you and Clive did I cannot imagine. Not surprised you are finishing for good this time.
Hope to see you around, take care
Lesley and Andy

Huxster (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 20:10
Now you mention it Redneck I remember that, however he is still the top try scoring Hooker for England even if it sometimes looked like he'd never met the rest of the lineout !!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Huxster8/Huxster6.jpg

Sir Redneck (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 20:45
Hux

People love the running game Schalk Brits has brought to Sarries but Greening was doing that years ago! Didn't he play for the England 7s cos he was so good around the park?!

Anyway I'm drifting off the subject matter........!!

Bod (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 21:08
He's running the Sri Lankan RFU coaching set up now SR!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Dougie15 (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 21:44
After the Offy closed I came over and thought I would give it a go, not a prolific poster but always read the threads...........until they deteriorated into a slanging match.
So sadly I've never seen the "hey day" of Ere only week after week of in-house @#$%&.

I am not surprised this decision has been made but I do feel saddened by it.

Thank you Glen and all the others who toiled day after day to keep the site going.

ps sadly this won't stop the haters,I've seen the tweets.

Bod (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 22:01
I just find it strange that a team of well conected Agent Provocateurs have turned up on ERE over the last 6 months or so to facilitate / exasperate Glen's frustrations.
Strange world!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

devizes bath fan (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 22:19
It will be a shame to see the site go. Thanks to the mods for the work. Hope I haven't offended anyone!

ballsout (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 23:03
Quote:
Ex-Bod
I just find it strange that a team of well conected Agent Provocateurs have turned up on ERE over the last 6 months or so to facilitate / exasperate Glen's frustrations.
Strange world!

Do you honestly assign no blame whatsoever to yourself?

Weeksie (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 23:23
I will miss ERE. When I started teaching near Milton Keynes about ten years ago it kept me connected to a spiritual home.

A sad loss!

Glen- I've never met you but what you created was something that I loved.

Weeksie (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 23:24
Thank you!

bonso (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 00:31
As a Saint I have enjoyed ERE, the music threads were truly brilliant, the rugby stuff for the most involved informative and good banter, even the political stuff was lively and thought provoking. It is a shame that Glenn has called it a day and i for one will miss ERE in its current form although I wont miss the internal bickering tht hs caused this. Surely it is possible that you could sort it out and continue, the rugby community will be poorer without ERE. Saying that somethings make me totally understand Glens decision. Good luck next year and i look forward to all of your company next season.

bonso (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 00:36
Sorry about the bad typing (Sm115)

Jaydeeone (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 00:52
Glen, thank you for the time and effort you have put into ERE over the years. I appreciate that these things don't just spring into existence without dedication and work behind the scenes. I've only been a contributor for about 3 years, but have found that very few of my 700-odd posts have been in the last 12 months. I'm reminded of a TV documentary I watched recently that ascribed the rise of football hooliganism to the fact that as decent people drifted away from the game, the unruly element gained a greater foothold. Well, now the ball's been taken away and perhaps that's for the best. Thanks again Glen.

Substitute (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 01:01
I've enjoyed reading this forum, even if posting sometimes felt like standing between Ahab and Moby Dick. It was always a useful source of information for all things Bath Rugby, and at the sign of any possible news I'd be on here in a flash. Hope it retains that aspect.

Thanks Glen

Nickos Sambuca (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 01:21
Glen,

Thanks for everything you've done and I'm just sorry that on the many occassions I signed off this site in disgust, I didn't do something more pro-active and object to what I was reading.
It looks like there were many of us who just looked on and stayed out of the way, if only we'd spoken out and done something. Now where have I heard that before?
I have spent many years away from home using this site as the only way to keep up with the team I support but I totally understand your reasons for your actions. It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife and any chance I can meet you again in similar circumstances just let me know.
I must say that sadly some of the 'Pontious Pilate', 'nothing to do with me guv' writings of several people on this thread are indicative of what has sadly gone wrong recently.
Enjoy your time away Glen, you're better off without it.

Blocks2u (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 08:15
Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
Ex-Bod
Strange world!

Do you honestly assign no blame whatsoever to yourself?

Bod is easy enough to ignore if you wish, sometimes went a bit over the top (as did we all) but kept the board going with new topics on a regular basis; his raison d'etre. This is not the thread for such observations try SiL's thread on looking inward.

Ian

Go on my sonner (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 10:53
I would like to thank Glen especially and all the mods, one or two have (quite rightly) ticked me off over the years and made me realise the occasional error of my ways. I would also therfore apologise to anyone I have offended over the years; but would emphasise the enjoyment of some of the fun threads and the information and incite that has been shared.And the laughter frequently provoked.
(Sm128)

Fudpucker (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 12:22
Glen. When we spoke before the Wasps match I guessed this would be the outcome. Having been sort of involved with the original paper version, it has been a long road, but one which has finally reached the end. Because of the near impossibility to have a polite and reasoned chat about all things rugby in recent months, I just gave up and have not even looked in to the site for months, but was tipped off that the end was nigh and I could not miss the chance to thank you, Glen, for all the fun that ERE brought to the Bath family. Also I hope that I will continue to bump into the genuine friends that I, and Mrs Fud, have made through ERE - you all know who you are. Life goes on, and other factors take priority.

The old snug that became known as Fud's corner, will always be there............even if just a virtual figment in my degenerating head.

Cheers (Sm128)

Bathred (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 13:24
A big thank you too, Glen. Laughed at the paper version and have loved (in the main) the chat on the website. Thank you to the chap as well (sorry I can't remember who it was) who created those fantastic 'Bath at the movies' posters, absolute genius!!

Best wishes for the future

Gussieboy (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 13:39
I only got rid of my paper versions when I moved in March of last year - always looked forward to it.

I have some very fond memories of the 'ecectronic' ere as well, and the Moz Matches probably woudln't have happened without this forum. The first 4 matches raised 30,000 for our selected charity and they were instrumental in meeting lots of folk I now consider friends.

Cheers Glen for all your efforts.

rtn501 (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 13:59
Glen, thank you for everything you've put into this site. I was a lurker for a few years, became a poster and drifted back to lurking more recently. It's always been the best place to find out information and breaking news on Bath rugby (and rugby in general).

Thank you to the mods too.

Do you think we could have a list/thread/sticky devoted to Twitter, with a list of anyone's @names who wouldn't mind sharing them with other people from 'Ere - carry on the forum in another form? Mine's @rtn501 quite predictably. Sorry if this has been mentioned/already done and I've missed it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2012 14:01 by rtn501.

Ade1865 (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 15:53
well its been some journey Glen, thanks for the navigating!
Guess there'll be no more T-shirts, better wait a while before I put mine on Ebay smiling smiley

thanks for the mammories (hux), and for creating an entity that turned my rugby saturdays from a couple of ocasional friends to a veritable army of them. It has totally changed my rugby enjoyment experience.

see u down the Rec sometime o/

Huxster (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 19:32
PLeasure Ade
http://cdn2.dailycaller.com/2011/03/chrisftin.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Huxster8/Huxster6.jpg

Eastbath (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 20:40
Well that's hard to follow.
From a humble lurker to Glen and mods past and present a sincere thankyou for all your time and dedication.
Ere has been a wonderful daily injection of rugby insight and humour.
All the best and Allez Bath!

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 20:44
This is a p*sstake, right? Please? I mean, closing the best-visited site on SN and depriving the likes of me of a place where you can drop in and partake in another club's discussion and banter without ever feeling anything other than welcome? Please say it ain't so.

If it is so, Hellfire and damnation to all those turdweasels who brought it on.

The lowest depth to which people can sink before God is defined by the word 'journalist'.

Soren Kierkegaard

Hanham Bath (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 20:55
Many thanks Glen for all you efforts.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net