08 May, 2012 12:58
no I was referring to BOD who does have facial tattoos smiling smiley

Re: Long hard look in the mirror
devizes bath fan (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 13:04

@Hydor18 (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 13:08
I forgot to say thank you to Glen. And Cooch, Malco, Hasta, Stuart and any of the other good folk who've spent their time moderating ERE over the years.

Cheers folks!

Bod (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 13:08
Quote:
devizes bath fan
Is this Bod?

Looks like he has teeth dbf! Not at all similar

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 19:37
Quote:
Bod
Glen is tired of running Ere with his mods also weary, some of whom only continue through their loyalty to Mr Leat I'm sure.

Have you ever thought why? Having to read through some of the infantile drivel, lack of respect postings, clear cut rudeness and having to edit the expletive deletives. Yep, we are weary and Glen and all of us need to get our lives back from the bullying tactics of getting one's point across by throwing invectives left right and centre!

And to think that the closure of ERE is all a plot devised by Bruce? I despair!

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Bod (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 20:03
CC - take a break and continue with you self promotion with the BoA Tourist Information Centre - the day you come up with an original rugby based idea or theory is what I look forward to.
Thanks sincerely for Modding!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

dabos (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 20:08
QED

CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 20:17
Yep Dabos, I rest my case. RIP ERE!

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Susanne (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 20:33
Trouble is Bod, you have no internal control mechanism to tell you when being edgy and the voice of the common man has tipped over into being plain nasty, spiteful and offensive. And no ability to take responsibility for your actions or any criticism.

http://i63.tinypic.com/34hhulf.jpg
Proud to adopt one of our stars of the future

pubtime (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 20:46
Glen or CC could you kill this thread now... With all the positive stuff going on elsewhere this really is depressing... BOD is letting himself down shooting from the hip in a rather undignified way.. Really wish he knew when enough is enough...

FairShout (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 20:49
WOW how thick skinned... not getting the message... or some simply choosing to ignore the subject and thread. Just incredible

Susanne, I could not agree with your sentiment and comments more.

Bod (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 20:54
And Susanne, you point is other than joining in is? I don't pretend to be something I'm not. Hells teeth, en mass we've prattled through many years of observers of the Bath Rugby experiences with everyone's opinions valid and worthy of the effort and interest of the poster.
Many different ideas mean many will clash, on a regular basis - BUT, if there is only one true opinion that is finally valid then maybe Glen should pull the plug tonight.
Ere has become far to cozy and self congratulatory, so Glen gets my vote.
I appologise for offending yours any anyone elses sensabilities!

FFS!

ballsout (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 21:10
Cringeworthy

Bod (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 22:07
I have your measure bo, and that of your cohorts - too much of a patern established now!

Susanne (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 22:12
I can't really be bothered to answer because Bod will just come back with more self justification. Oops ...

http://i63.tinypic.com/34hhulf.jpg
Proud to adopt one of our stars of the future

FairShout (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 22:13
Actually its called isolation and it is becoming blatantly clear who are becoming isolated.

Interesting how some have stayed away from the announcement of closure...even the isolated on their last undignified hurrah can see that.

Its not amusing, its not even offensive, its sad

Its a great subject "Long hard look in the mirror" for everyone without exception to contemplate in a serious way

Bod (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 23:37
You keep repeating someone's Spin FS - reveal yourself for who you really are?
You seem possessed by creating division.
Very Machiavellian.
But, increasingly you fool me less.
You are not a friend of Ere in any shape or form.

ballsout (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 23:50
Quote:
Ex-Bod
I have your measure bo, and that of your cohorts - too much of a patern established now!

(Sm22)

Bod (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 00:20
Keep your double-act going bo to prove my point

FairShout (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 00:36
Oh how ever more isolated you are becoming...

So not in the picture. I revealed myself very publicly and vocally at The Fans Forum...you just were not there.

I expressed my views of the club and communicated my opinion in person, in front of 100 fellow fans and directly to those who hosted the forum. If Ive got something to say, I say it face to face and respectfully.

As for friend of ERE...Have you not read the forum for the past 24 hours? Most have suggested that with friends of ERE like you, there is no alternative to CLOSING DOWN

I have been consistent in rallying the cause of accountability, decency and respect.

Are you sure you even understand what division is?

With closure imminent it would be good to see a glimpse of humility and dignity and a slow and painless parting, rather than witness the last hurrah of someone becoming ever more isolated out in the cold

fat lock (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 08:33
I think Bod has served the most useful of all services on this thread.

Any doubts any mods / editors have had about closing down ERE will have been washed away by the torrent of bilious, attention seeking provocation he's posted here.

Bath Fan (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 08:39
[quote FairShout]Oh how ever more isolated you are becoming...

[i]With closure imminent it would be good to see a glimpse of humility and dignity and a slow and painless parting, rather than witness the last hurrah of someone becoming ever more isolated out in the cold

What everyone is thinking, but not actually saying out loud is - EX- BOD TAKE RESPONSIBILITY MAN. THIS CLOSURE IS LARGELY DOWN TO YOU AND YOUR ATTITUDE

stuckinlondon (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 08:52
Think it is more than just Bod it is IMO down to the inability of grown ups to act grown up!

Gelen and the MOD's would have an easier time looking after a primary school class.

Bod (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 08:53
What attitude - it's been pretty consistent since I first started here.
You arrivistes are agitators of a singulalrly ignorant nature.

Miles Offside (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 09:40
OK Bod it's too late to do anything about it and the time for politeness has passed.

ERE, which I and many have loved and respected as much as the rugby team we all supoort, is closing down - largely, if not solely, because of YOU. YOU. Get it? YOU! You tw@t. Now please shut the f*ck up. You've done enough damage.

(Sm109)

fat lock (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 09:40
I love justifications that individuals make about their behaviour.
It's like school children - 'it's not me it's everyone else'.
Equally that consistency of rudeness is in some way to be praised.
The most impressive aspect of character is to be able to see when you are wrong and then to change your own behaviour.

Phrases that always worry me are along the lines of 'I'm straight talking' ' I'm consistent and will always be so'. (another good one is 'I don't mean to be rude' and then being very rude!) These phrases usually are used to justify prejudiced, boring, extreme opinions, and prevent the sayer of them the ability to re-assess their opinions.

Shame ERE is going - it would be a great source for someone's psychology thesis.

Bod (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 10:02
Quote:
Miles Offside
OK Bod it's too late to do anything about it and the time for politeness has passed.
ERE, which I and many have loved and respected as much as the rugby team we all supoort, is closing down - largely, if not solely, because of YOU. YOU. Get it? YOU! You tw@t. Now please shut the f*ck up. You've done enough damage.

(Sm109)

I fear you overestimate my influence MO!
Good to get it off your chest though eh?
(Sm9)
smoking smiley

FairShout (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 10:19
You have no influence...don't you get it?

If you had any influence, Glen would keep ere going in order to cater to your ever increasing isolated ego.

Getting it off his chest...er not in the singular, or do you NOT read everyone else that openly criticise your conduct

What is of potential and greater concern...is to those who are close to you. For without ere as a vitriolic, ego enhancing pontificating platform to spew your vile hatred and opinions, you will need to feed your delusional character elsewhere...

Bod (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 10:23
What are you trying to say FS?
smoking smiley

Boy (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 10:27
Bod, if you were half as insightful and objective as you seem to think you are, you'd realise that an unfeasible large proportion of the negativity which had lead to ERE's closure as, in some way, shape or form, surrounded you. That's not a coincidence. It's also not some brand of conspiracy meant to 'silence your voice', nor is it people being brainwashed against you. You are not the strong, independent, radical voice of the voiceless that you seem intent on portraying yourself as. You're a cancerous troll who, when not being repetitive and hostile, often strays into being downright offensive (btw, any possible explanation for the priest/rapist/pedophile post you made yesterday?)

None of this will change your opinion of your behaviour, of course, as you've shown yourself time and time and time again to be incapable of improving yourself. You'll respond with something brief which you imagine is pithy, or with a stock photo you found online somewhere, and avoid the issue altogether.

Sport Network will launch their own Bath message board in ERE's place, and that's a good thing. I suspect that with a new owner and new moderators who are less tolerant of your particular brand of bullsh*t you won't be part of it for very long. And that's a good thing too.

Bod (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 10:32
Spleen venting underway as expected SZ!
Next!
smoking smiley

Sam Y (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 10:41
Why don't you just ignore BOD and his posts, he might just go away? I have not seen a post that shows he knows what he is talking about regarding rugby matters anyway?

Boy (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 10:45
Quote:
Spudley Zutroy
You'll respond with something brief which you imagine is pithy, or with a stock photo you found online somewhere, and avoid the issue altogether.

Quote:
Bod
Spleen venting underway as expected SZ!
Next!

There we go.

Bod (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 10:48
You know me too well SZ!
It shows you care!
(Sm108)

paul bath (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 10:49
Like many on this thread Bod has annoyed me too over the years, with some of his comments. However I do disagree he alone is responsible for the culling of ERE.

Many more are just as if not more than guilty.

Personally, I have found the criticism of players, Bell, Flatman et al, (not to mention the comments towards SIM, BC2 and Haagy) to be very damaging to this forum. These were made by a whole variety of different posters, not just Bod.

Equally, the comments by some of the moderators have egged on Bod on many occasion and often criticised and sarcastically commented on newer contributors, me included. Not wishing to mince my words, Stuart has played just as much to the downfall with his sarcasm and misplaced comments and replies to those who post.

Robbinho (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 11:02
I think this thread should be closed - it's serving no purpose and is only going to escalate. It's pretty much at the point when everytime i go back to ERE, I almost hope it isn't there anymore. This is all very sad and incredibly unedifying.

Bod (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 11:07
It has run it's time pb - we're all to blame and no one is to blame!
I guess there will be a few who find it cathartic to point a finger, have a flap and let off steam.
That is totally fine by me if they feel it needs to be done.

The landlord has decided to retire and close the door.
I can't thank him and his crew enough for their tolerance, good humour, judicious moderation and fine company.
There are plenty who I've gotten to know here who I feel similarly about, some personally as well.
I can honestly say there is nobody I feel I need to settle with given I really don't worry too much what people wish to state about me.
Because?
In the majority of cases we don't know each other personally, we don't have the opportunity to see each other face to face to evaluate the sincerity or otherwise of a statement. Can we evaluate if a post is meant more as a point of passing interest or intended for a 15 page thread.

And that's it I guess? There is no mirror here to look in.

Now, about that idea of a Skype pub for Bath Fans? How would that work?

http://blog.timesunion.com/amanda/files/2010/06/fight.gif

ballsout (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 11:10
Quote:
Miles Offside

(Sm109)

Quote:
Sam Y
Why don't you just ignore BOD and his posts, he might just go away? I have not seen a post that shows he knows what he is talking about regarding rugby matters anyway?

thumbs down

09 May, 2012 11:14
Quote:
Robbinho
I think this thread should be closed - it's serving no purpose and is only going to escalate. It's pretty much at the point when everytime i go back to ERE, I almost hope it isn't there anymore. This is all very sad and incredibly unedifying.

Robbinho,

I set this thread up to try and move the inevitable finger pointing and annoyance at the closure of ERE away from Glen's thread.

Glen deserves to be able to have a thread on the decision to close ERE without the vitriole and abuse that inevitably ERE descends into. That was the point of this thread.

People need to look long and hard at themselves and if they have any ability to reflect on their behaviour they should because unless peope change whereever ERE becomes hosted it is the people that make it what it is.

Many many people have turned this forum from an enjoyable place into a nasty back biting arena.

If this thread allows people to vent that then let it, for those that don't like it, don't read it but we need to let blood.

Bri (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 11:16
It's a real shame ERE is closing down and I am reflective of some really bad post I have made,for which I regret and apologise for,thanks to everybody that has been tollerant of me and I wish all the best for the future.Glen many thanks for all you have done,
I feel with new posters coming to the site ie FairShout with his positive views,we could have turned it around.
Bri.

Robbinho (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 11:18
Fair point, SiL.

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 11:18
I don't think the decision is down to any one poster, but the overall tone of the site.

It's annoying that some long term site members, and I'd obviously include myself in that, haven't been able to avoid being sucked into it.

If you read back through through old threads in another post, you'll see that the main thing that's changed is that there are a much smaller number of vocal posters these days, so that the tone of the site as a whole gets set by a very few.

Anyway, we'll shortly have an opportunity to start over.

Stuart

Former ed.

09 May, 2012 11:23
Stuart,

You're right it is not one poster but a change in "attitude" I will include you in this as I'll be honest I feel that you have on occasions adopted an aggressive attitude to what should be an area of healthy debate.

People should respect others opinions and I hope wherever we all end up it will be somewhere where we can agree to disagree on some things but respect that we are entitled to an opinion.

Kidney Stone (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 11:27
Quote:
paul bath
Like many on this thread Bod has annoyed me too over the years, with some of his comments. However I do disagree he alone is responsible for the culling of ERE.
Many more are just as if not more than guilty.

Personally, I have found the criticism of players, Bell, Flatman et al, (not to mention the comments towards SIM, BC2 and Haagy) to be very damaging to this forum. These were made by a whole variety of different posters, not just Bod.

Equally, the comments by some of the moderators have egged on Bod on many occasion and often criticised and sarcastically commented on newer contributors, me included. Not wishing to mince my words, Stuart has played just as much to the downfall with his sarcasm and misplaced comments and replies to those who post.

You write a lot of sense Paul, your observations on the moderating are worthy.

I for one have heavily criticised SIM and called for his replacement. But I stand by that, he is paid to do a job, he clearly failed, I very much doubt whether any remarks on ERE led to his 'release', but released he was, welcome to the real world!

I agree that some of the idiotic @#$%&-for-tat exchanges have been tiresome, and yes I have been drawn in on the odd occasion, but do we really want a sterile board where nobody is allowed an opinion, and all we do is gush over Bath Rugby regardless? No I thought not.

The irony is that there was a thread about 6 weeks ago which called for for respectful exchanges between posters - rightfully - and the response was almost total backing. So 6 weeks later here we are. Maybe it has run it's course.

The new board should consider a more robust moderating policy IMO otherwise we will end up back in the same place.

Bod (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 11:40
I guess that's for BRIO to establish eh KS? Good luck to them sincerely!
(Sm59)

Kidney Stone (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 11:43
BRIO ?

Help me out

Miles Offside (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 11:44
Jer. 5:21 (King James version): "Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not." (Sm154)

(Sm109)

Bod (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 11:48
Quote:
Kidney Stone
BRIO ?
Help me out

B.R.I.O. - the new "Members Club"!

Looks like the SN option is a bit slow off the ground?
(Sm160)

Substitute (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 11:59
Sorry to pick on Stuart again, but his signature is a good example of many of the problems I have experienced with this board.

This isn't the Oxford Debating Society, it's a forum for sports fans. This isn't about winning, or losing, or what fallacies they may have perpetrated.

Especially as many people don't write exactly what they mean, which is even more true when passion for their team and even sometimes alcohol, I am sure, are involved.

Just shooting down every poster (often new ones), just because they don't meet certain peoples (may I say?) high standards isn't conducive to a pleasant atmosphere. More 'constructive criticism' (for strong want of a better term) would be well-received, at least by this poster.

Sometimes I think people take too much pleasure from 'proving people wrong' and I think on the flip-side, some people bait this attitude.

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 13:30
My sig link was supposed to be a joke, sorry if that was missed!

Stuart

Former ed.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net