Latest News:

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Re: Long hard look in the mirror
Bod (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 12:56
Quote:
TCM2007
My sig link was supposed to be a joke, sorry if that was missed!

I guess subtlty isn't always appreciated Stu!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

sid the seagull (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 17:54
QU. How many Bod's does it take to change a light bulb?

A. None.

BECAUSE?

1. There is no brightside to look on, is there?
2. His favourite colour is Black.
3. There is no electricty in his cave
4. Illumination might be embaressing

That's it I'm off.
FLAP

annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 18:00
Always knew you couldn't spell, Bod.
Amongst other things..........................(Sm86)

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

rodoftherec (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 18:41
Read this thread with interest and looking in the mirror I don't think I have anything to reproach myself for but then I am largely a lurker and only post on the odd occasion.
Not quite fair to single out Bod - I have read most of his posts and he is supercilious, patronising and very much a person who thinks he is being funny when he adopts both of those traits. However I have never found him to be personally rude to anyone and being very negative ( which he is ) is no more a fault than being very positive. There are certainly other posters who have been far nastier to other individuals than Bod has on the Ere forum.
For what it is worth my take on things ( and I will be sorry to see Ere go and thank all those who have kept it running most sincerely ) is based more on my general experience with forums.
I subscribe to four on a regular basis and by football forum standards Ere is sweetness and light.
The thing I have noticed over the last couple of years on all forums is that if you post a fairly intelligent comment about the sport the forum lives for and it is in no way contentious or aimed at an individual, then no one bothers to reply much - I made a post pre Tigers game comparing their lineup to ours and asked for other opinions and the thread died.
If however you post abusive, contentious stuff with a personal slant you get pages of response. On the SCCC forum two posters AGOD and GROCKLE attack each other on a daily basis and account for over half the forum.
I guess what I am trying to say is that ALL posters don't just need to be civil and polite, they need to engage in sensible debate with interest and good manners even if the subject matter is not going to set the club alight.
Until we all bother to make that effort to contribute to the " middle of the road " posts then the extremists will continue to rule ( and ruin ) any forum.
I don't suppose anyone much will bother to read this ( I admit ) lengthy post or reply to it, which proves my point really, does it not !?

stuckinlondon (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 19:00
Rod,

You're probabaly right in the difference between football forums and ERE but there are lots of differneces between football and rugby fans full stop,

I think that the basic feeling is that this forum has become too much work for the editor and mods due to a few people spoiling the "vibe".

Anyway it is a personal opinion and everyone is entiltied to an opinion

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net