rugbyunion
Latest News:

ERE To Be Replaced By New Sportnetwork Site
Glen The Ed (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 16:33
Firstly can I thank everyone for their kind comments, I'm touched by your words of thanks and support.

Secondly, I can confirm there will be a replacement for ERE on Sportnetwork so don't go away. Arrangements are currently taking place for a new Bath Rugby site to be launched once ERE is closed down. Several people have already been in touch with Sportnetwork to run a Bath site and negotiations are currently taking place.

Once the new site is operational I'll enjoy looking in from the outside and I offer the new editor my total support.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/105/105_0_1234649382.jpg

Chatting about Bath on Twitter? Use the #BRERE hashtag so we can find each other!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2012 18:24 by stuart_mod.

Re: ERE To Be Replaced By New Sportnetwork Site
Bod (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 16:40
Nu-Ere is it Glen?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

mines a black rat (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 16:44
Is it you Bod??

Time to relax from the sidelines Glen with the occasional chirp.

Have you found the Black Rat?? I have!!

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x373/minesablackrat/Blackrat.jpg

Duke of Earl (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 16:47
The king is dead, long live the king. Good news Glen. enjoy being on the sidelines, not the man in the middle.

Andy R (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 17:18
Will the new editorial be made up of the current mods, or can't you say/don't know?

Enjoy your 2nd ERE retirement Glen. thumbs down

Phil. (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 17:21
For whoever is taking over...

These sites are NOT flipping "pubs"!

They are fora for like-minded people who wish to discuss rugby, in this case, Bath Rugby.

If you want to talk politics, go to a politics forum. If you want to rant about religion then there are a myriad of places on the net where you can vent your spleen. Go find 'em...

IT'S ABOUT THE RUGBY, STUPID!

There, I've said it.

As a fellow editor (COYSDC), Glen, I'm sorry that it has come to this. God speed on your "retirement", fella! (Sm13)

COYSDC on Facebook

"It's not the despair, Saints, I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand."

annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 17:36
I think we get the message.

Of course this is a Bath Rugby site where we mostly talk about rugby. However, how this new site evolves will be down to the contributors. One of the really good top rate consistent methods Glen applied over the years was guide with a light hand. If we want to talk about the best sorts of music, gizmos, gadgets or cheapest way to get rugby on the telly, I hope we will be allowed to do so. Are we also allowed to be 'silly' in this brave new world. Just a few thoughts for whoever is planning to take over? I've often noticed that if peeps don't want to discuss a subject, it grinds to a short halt after a few posts.

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

DanWiley (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 17:38
Sorry, I think that one of the special things about ere was the range of off topic topic. The point is we had a community where some of us wanted to talk about other things with each other. Maybe the rugby brought us together, but it made ere about more than just the rugby, which made it more than just a fan forum.

I've no idea though why it has upset you so?

Which Tyler (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 17:44
Great news; I'd even been thinking of offering myself, if only to keep a board alive; very pleased I don't have to go that far.

Here's hoping for minimal change (just a reduction in personal attacks, against posters and club employees); but hey, let's see who the new overlord/dictator is, and what his/her house rules are going to be.

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

Bathbadger (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 17:48
Obviously quite a bit of "detail" to come out yet, but good news smiling smiley

I have always found the use of "O/T" threads fine for my small Badger brain to handle. Of course some SN sites have these as separate areas.

But hey, lets not kill off any potential Ed's until we know a little more perhaps?

Cheers,

Rich

Bod (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 17:50
Quote:
Phil.
For whoever is taking over...
These sites are NOT flipping "pubs"!

They are fora for like-minded people who wish to discuss rugby, in this case, Bath Rugby.

If you want to talk politics, go to a politics forum. If you want to rant about religion then there are a myriad of places on the net where you can vent your spleen. Go find 'em...

IT'S ABOUT THE RUGBY, STUPID!

There, I've said it.

Blow it out elsewhere Phil - your site sucks so don't preach around here!
Thankyou!

As a fellow editor (COYSDC), Glen, I'm sorry that it has come to this. God speed on your "retirement", fella! (Sm13)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Phil. (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 17:50
Just my thoughts (which I guess are allowed).

I expected to be shot down in flames so do your worst!

Huxster (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 17:53
Phil Just for you
http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/mba/lowres/mban1140l.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Huxster8/Huxster6.jpg

Phil. (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 17:54
Quote:
Blow it out elsewhere Phil - your site sucks so don't preach around here!
Thankyou!

You are entitled to your opinion, but of course I don't agree.

Ere sucks at the moment, but not through any fault of Glens as far as I can see. Perhaps it's some of the posters...

DanWiley (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 18:05
Bod's is the only one I have a problem with.

Otherwise people have just disagreed with you.

Bod (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 18:10
Gloat elsewhere and keep patting Mr C.C.on the back as you do over your way!

annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 18:24
Just a thought.
I wonder if the new editor(s) will insist on the power to ban posters if they persistently choose to be offensive?

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

Duke of Earl (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 18:27
I think we ought to be able to discuss what we like within fairly wide limits-after all even if it isn't a virtual pub, it is likely that posts and threads will ramify, so let's not start laying down rules before we start.

BBandW (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 18:30
Lets look forward to the new ere and hope, maybe, some of the original ethos can be retained.

Personally, I've always liked the virtual pub metaphor. As with all pubs, there's regulars, occaisional visitors and folk just passing through. Some talk sense, some are humorous, some over opinionated and all pubs have the resident bore.

To any lurkers out there, and any of the old lags who might happen across this missive; please, please, pretty please POST.

Bri (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 18:32
My guess the new Ed will be William Blessing.

BBandW (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 18:37
I'd be ok with WB.

dabos (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 18:42
We would all have to buy larger screens for our computers (Sm14)

WembdonJumper (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 19:25
A big thank you Glen for your accurate and fair reporting. I do hope that whatever site takes over that those using it will respect the other persons right to express their views.

Which Tyler (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 19:32
Quote:
WembdonJumper
A big thank you Glen for your accurate and fair reporting. I do hope that whatever site takes over that those using it will respect the other persons right to express their views. Excepting poster ..... [edited by mod]
fixed

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 21:16
Quote:
Gloat elsewhere and keep patting Mr C.C.on the back as you do over your way!

Nohopers are patting me on the back? Blimey times have changed!

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

grumpybear (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 22:36
Many thanks Glen for all your work over the years. I still have a collection of the original ERE mags. Good luck in your retirement.

rugby john (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 22:54
Great news and thanks for everything Glen.

Bod (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 23:29
Is there a non SN option Glen?

WilliamBlessing (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 06:46
I was hoping that my offer to be the new Ed. would bring Glen, sooner or later, preferably sooner, back out of retirement.

I think Bod would be a good editor in all seriousness. Or perhaps Marshie or TCM?

stuckinlondon (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 07:00
WB, With all due respect to Marshie and TCM, you'd be up on charges if you ever mentioned that all things are not rosy in the Bath garden!

Duke of Earl (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 07:07
Quote:
I think Bod would be a good editor in all seriousness

Now there is a thought

Blocks2u (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 07:47
Quote:
Ex-Bod
Is there a non SN option Glen?

There is, I am surprised you hadn't noticed.

Ian

stuckinlondon (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 07:51
Don't tell him! We might get some peace!

LiamB (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 07:51
Quote:
Bri
My guess the new Ed will be William Blessing.

I think it could be SIM!!

DanWiley (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 08:33
"WB, With all due respect to Marshie and TCM, you'd be up on charges if you ever mentioned that all things are not rosy in the Bath garden!"

I don't think either have insisted on the party line. They've told people when they are gnashing their teeth unreasonably certainly.

By the way, I don't think either would appreciate being an ed, they like to give their own opinion far too much (fair enough this is a board for opinions), but one of the things Glen did superbly was choose when and where he gave his opinion.

Bod (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 08:53
Quote:
DanWiley

By the way, I don't think either would appreciate being an ed, they like to give their own opinion far too much (fair enough this is a board for opinions), but one of the things Glen did superbly was choose when and where he gave his opinion.

Especially Spot On DW!
That is the skill of Glen and his Mods that is a rare characteristic!

@Hydor18 (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 12:05
I'm guessing ERE brings a healthy volume of traffic through the Sportsnetwork site, so they will not want to lose us.

marshie10 (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 12:22
I certainly would not be a good Editor!!!

Tricky=Legend (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 12:23
I've been mad busy moving home so have only had the chance to read so far.

Firstly, a massive thanks to Glen who has provided a wonderful service (twice) to everyone. I was young at the time but remember well the paper ERE which was simply hilarious and clearly a lot of work.

Secondly, I will continue to support the new network and write the match previews. Living far away from Bath ERE is the only thing that makes me feel really connected to the club (and I'm a STH!) and it's fans.

Finally, let's all try and learn from the demise of ERE and simply be a bit nicer to one another and those who visit the site. People may have controvesial views, but it doesn't take much to think of a witty rather than offensive response. If that's too much, use a smiley! (Sm100)

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net