rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

Nigel Owens - Desert Island Discs
05 February, 2017 11:37
Brilliant stuff and very moving too

Catch it now, here

[www.bbc.co.uk]

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

Re: Nigel Owens - Desert Island Discs
05 February, 2017 12:01
It really is a brilliant session - challenging, inspiring and deeply moving

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

05 February, 2017 13:04
Can't wait to listen to this one - rugby and DiD in one go. Perfect.

strawhead
strawhead (IP Logged)

05 February, 2017 14:37
Absolutely outstanding

john fox
johnnyf (IP Logged)

05 February, 2017 20:11
Full of eloquence, emotion and excellence.
An outstanding personality - one of the best DID ever.

SaintED
SaintED (IP Logged)

05 February, 2017 20:33
Looking forward to catching up with it.

Flying Scotsman
Flying Scotsman (IP Logged)

05 February, 2017 22:18
My firm hired him as a speaker for our summer party a year or so ago - he was absolutely brilliant. Completely down to earth and incredibly frank and honest. I've a lot of time for the guy, will definitely give this a listen.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

06 February, 2017 19:26
Kirsty Young is an excellent interviewer and certainly managed to draw out of Nigel much of his emotional ups and downs and handled the whole interview in a balanced informative way, dealing with some very difficult subjects with sensitivity and respect.

I have had the privilege to hear Nigel speak on 3 separate occasions now and he was brilliant each time. He was both informative, funny and spoke from his experiences of life, good and bad. He also has line or two in stories about Austin Healey which are extremely amusing and seemingly very true.

IMO he is the best ref in the NH and probably the World. The Welsh certainly have produced some very good refs, eg Derek Bevan and Clive Norling etc, and he tops them all.

I hope/wish you can whistle all of our games as he is sensitive to the flow of the game and has the players' utmost respect.

A great and modest man who goes about his difficult trade in the World of television querying/ scrutinising every decision, in an efficient and even handed way. Wish some of the so called refs we have in England could learn from him.

The Oilman
The Oilman (IP Logged)

10 February, 2017 13:06
I listened to it on iPlayer last night. Excellent.
I tried to post a link on the Bath Supporters Facebook page but it seems it was rejected.

Bath Supporter Jack

10 February, 2017 16:09
I listened to it and was as impressed as I expected to be.

I lesson to us all in honesty, clarity and all round fairness

MESSAGES->author
trikidiki (IP Logged)

24 July, 2017 17:58
Nigel is now talking about the fact he 'suffers' from Bulimia.

He was talking on BBC Breakfast and will also be on a Panaorama documentary about Bulimia.

The whole interview can be seen on Iplayer, 132 mins into the program. A cut down version is on Breakfast's Facebook page.

TG Kesmo
TG Kesmo (IP Logged)

24 July, 2017 18:58
For all those and all those related to people who have had any eating disorder your inverted commas around suffers are a total insult. Please consider before posting. These conditions are widely misunderstood and the treatment of them is sadly underfunded. Nigel is trying to help and has been very brave in coming forward. He has gone up further in my estimation.

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

24 July, 2017 21:02
@Trikidiki why the inverted commas?
Without further info it shows only ignorance on your behalf

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
RAEBURN SHIELD

Beno Obano - 2016-17 adoptee
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=117

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/07/2017 09:27 by Which Tyler.

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

25 July, 2017 09:00
I guess he means around the word suffers?

WT, re-read your post, i see you got that

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/07/2017 09:08 by woodpecker.

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

25 July, 2017 09:57
The man is immense and his bravery in speaking out on these issues as a way of helping others understand is extraordinary

Not sure if this helps TGK, but my daughter has some fairly serious mental health stuff and she uses inverted commas around the word 'suffer' as a way of showing the dichotomy of the joy of living with her condition and dealing with the pain it brings

I thought it weird at first until she explained why - could be Trikidiki's reason too?

TG Kesmo
TG Kesmo (IP Logged)

25 July, 2017 10:26
I agree your daughter has a unique perspective on her own health issues. I wish her well and hope she will find a way through for many it is a life long battle. I am not sure that anyone should use inverted commas when referring to another's mental state. It is about as useful as saying I know how you feel- they don't!

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

26 July, 2017 11:18
Good old Nigel! so much respect for him and his courage in firstly facing his own very private issues and getting help to deal with them, and secondly then being determined to overcome cynicism and prejudice by publicising and thus helping others with similar problems.

No wheeping wailing and moaning about how life is so unfair from him. Just face up and get on with it.

Matt Garvey - one to add to my List of Forward Talented Adoptees since 2003/4!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Bath Poll

Where do you think we'll finish this season?

See results > Submit >>