rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

stuart turner
Loiner (IP Logged)

Medical Jokers
15 March, 2017 20:53
What is the record for the number of medical jokers that any one team has recruited in a single season?

sid the seagull
sid the seagull (IP Logged)

Re: Medical Jokers
16 March, 2017 00:04
One hundred and ninety three apparently which is the number of 'people' who have looked at this and have absolutely f all to say

FLAP

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

16 March, 2017 08:47
I believe we have a limit of 400k on what we can spend on replacing injured players, so I'd expect the official record to be pretty low.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

16 March, 2017 08:56
It would have been interesting to see how they convinced the panel that Nathan Charles is equivalent or worse than VV?

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

16 March, 2017 11:47
Maybe his salary* comes to equal-or-less than MVV+Dunn+Walker.
If so, then pretty easily.

*Or at least, Charles+Brooker.

Beyond that, of course; not all mid-season signings need to use that medical cover salary-cap; they could easily come out of the rest of the salary cap if needed (and if there's space).
With all the comings and goings of the last 12 months; I really wouldn't like to guess if we're up to the cap or not. IIRC Wilson was first choice international THP when he signed his last contract; whilst Eastmond was an over-paid favourite; whilst Hooper was club captain; I could easily see those 3 alone leaving us with over a million to spend.
Beyond that we lost 4 current (at the time) internationals; 1 capped Englishman and 1 expectant Australian; quite possibly another million in there.

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

16 March, 2017 12:01
WT I agree with this - although it would be pretty tough to get Charles from the Injury Dispensation additional cap extension:

5.3(e) the proposed replacement has either an equivalent level of experience to the Injured Player or has less experience than the Injured Player;

We don't have to use it if we don't need to.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net