rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

Pre-Design Consultation Process at the Rec
17 March, 2017 11:31
Just received an email from the club on this topic, copied below;

I am writing to you with regard to the redevelopment of the Rec. You may have seen our announcement today regarding the commencement of a pre-design consultation period, which will feed into the subsequent appointment of a lead architect and the formal design process.

I am contacting you as one of our loyal, core supporters to ensure that you are up to speed regarding this initial phase. I also want to provide some specific information about how we will be working to harness and integrate the views of our Season Ticket Holders and core supporters into the design process. It is critical that we listen and learn from you, as we work to bring forward development proposals which will provide you with an exceptional stadium, and the home you deserve.

By way of background – it is following the recent decision of the Charity First-Tier Tribunal that we are now commencing the process to bring forward new development proposals for world-class facilities at the Rec.

As you may be aware, the decision made by the Charity First-Tier Tribunal included clarifying the powers the Bath Recreation Ground Trust (our landlord at the Rec) has, and its ability to lease the Club additional land for redevelopment.

This fresh start provides an exciting opportunity to explore the potential for new development proposals which could deliver wider benefits to the City including riverside regeneration, enhanced sporting participation and community use. It also provides a pathway for developing a design solution which befits the Club’s iconic location and complements the unique architecture of the City.

First and foremost the new development proposals must provide an amazing matchday experience for everyone at the Rec, and in particular for you and our other most loyal core supporters. Redevelopment will provide an opportunity to explore the very best that current stadium designs have to offer, but it is also critical that we retain those characteristics which make the Rec unique.

At this early stage, we are bringing together a representative group of approximately 35 supporters (primarily Season Ticket Holders) who will provide focused insight during an initial workshop phase. One of the key outputs from this workshop is the creation of a questionnaire to enable us to garner the views of a much wider cross-section of Season Ticket Holders and supporters, on a range of topics related to redevelopment. The initial workshop phase will be taking place in March/April 2017, and we will subsequently be issuing the questionnaire to collate a wider cross-section of views.

I also note that you may remember the previous design proposals for a permanent stadium at the Rec, on which we consulted approximately three years ago. Whilst those presented an exciting opportunity for redevelopment at the Rec, we feel that, given the passage of time, it is only right that we should look again at the design for this unique location.

Finally, I can confirm that a dedicated website and feedback channels will be launched over the coming weeks to provide all the latest news and information on the consultation process as we work to bring forward development proposals for the world-class facilities that the Club, you as our most loyal supporters, the City and the wider community deserve.

I look forward to updating you again in the near future.
Best wishes,

Tarquin McDonald
Managing Director, Bath Rugby.

Anyone on ERE owning up to being one of the chosen 35?

Adopted players: 2017-18 T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

Re: Pre-Design Consultation Process at the Rec
17 March, 2017 13:10
Ooh, exciting. 75,000 capacity Old Trafford of the South West it is then tongue sticking out smiley

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

17 March, 2017 13:37
Colosseum or Ben Hur style?

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

17 March, 2017 14:14
I just want the stadium to be confirmed and built, to secure the club's long term future. As long as I get a decent seat (hopefully in the dry), I will be happy whatever capacity it is.

MESSAGES->author
BathSalmon (IP Logged)

17 March, 2017 14:43
Quote:
Mike the Taxi
Colosseum or Ben Hur style?

+1

Chariot racing at half time instead of those Jaffa zorb balls.

Tiger pits.

Bruce Craig on the big screen to give a thumbs up or thumbs down on try scoring TMO decisions.

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

17 March, 2017 17:22
Well you have to hand it to Tarquin and the club for engaging and involving supporters in the design

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

17 March, 2017 17:48
Quote:
gaz59
Well you have to hand it to Tarquin and the club for engaging and involving supporters in the design

Yes, I'm impressed too, that is exactly what the club should be doing, not only that they are on top of the changing developments. Would the club change plans in mid stream I wonder?

jonniejon
jonniejon (IP Logged)

17 March, 2017 18:16
I'm owning up, been invited along to represent the views of the Facebook group as I am one of the admins. I understand informal contact has been made today with a formal invite sent out on Monday.

sid the seagull
sid the seagull (IP Logged)

18 March, 2017 01:03
V delicate. In view of interest in Bath's WHS important not to crow.

HOP

Mike the Taxi

27 March, 2017 12:18

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

27 March, 2017 14:26
Well you can't fault what's happening on the non-playing issues

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

27 March, 2017 15:15
Didn't realise there was an 18,000 capacity limit. 16-18 thousand seems about right and should keep the ground 3/4 full most of the time.

Wasps only half fill Coventry even with their harlem globe trotters approach.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

27 March, 2017 15:53
Do we really need more than 15k capacity?

Given that at least 1 top match per season is going to be played away from Bath how many times will we actually fill the stadium?

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/03/2017 16:09 by OutsideBath.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

27 March, 2017 16:08
An extra 3k does seem a little modest for all the fuss. But we will get better facilities and possibly extra revenue streams (that have always been a bit nebulous to me).

I'm sure subsequent increases in capacity have been considered and BGs is right, it will be a while before we need more than 18k I suspect.

Mike the Taxi

27 March, 2017 16:45
Deja Vu all over again, from the comments being made to the article!(Sm103)

MESSAGES->author
BathSalmon (IP Logged)

27 March, 2017 17:22
Is it not about being able to stage international matches (not just mens seniors) in the future.

We.weren't considered last time cos of the capacity.

Doing this helps increase the club's profile. Maybe be even another thing used to attract new players.

Boldngrey
Boldngrey (IP Logged)

27 March, 2017 19:56
We'll need 18000 for the Robbie Williams concert!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net