rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

MESSAGES->author
TCM2007 (IP Logged)

Surprise announcements
19 April, 2017 00:53
Morning all,

As announcing things without warning seems to be the order of the day, allow me to add my own.

After five years of editing this site, I've decided that I've done my stint, and it's time to rejoin the back benches and do a William Hague (or Ed Milliband if you will).

I'm delighted that the trio of gentlemen who have actually done most of the work in that time - hasta, Coochie Coo and PG Tips - have agreed to take it on, and from the end of the season I'll no longer be in charge of anything.

It's been... well it's been. winking smiley

Stuart

Stuart

Former ed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/05/2017 16:40 by CoochieCoo.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

Re: Surprise announcements
19 April, 2017 02:50
I thank you Stuart for all your efforts and even handed commonsense over the past few years. It must be very time consuming, frustrating and your commitment has never wavered. Very well done and your efforts have been appreciated by all us avid readers and contributors. Now you can take a more relaxed back seat and contribute when you want.

Very many thanks, enjoy your retirement.

MESSAGES->author
hemington (IP Logged)

19 April, 2017 07:16
Thank you Stuart. Your hard work has made my (and I suspect most if not all on this sight)life be more informed and knowledgeble about Bath Rugby. On the downside you have helped take away many many hours of my life!! Enjoy the sunset.

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

19 April, 2017 07:45
You have earned your rest Stuart!

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

19 April, 2017 08:01
Thanks for your all of your hard work Stuart.

Welcome and good luck to the Hasta Coochie Tips trio.

MESSAGES->author
Widcombe Boy (IP Logged)

19 April, 2017 08:25
Thanks for all your time and effort Stuart

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

19 April, 2017 09:09
Difficult job where one can never be right by everyone. Time to take a break and get back to enjoying the rugby. Thanks.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

19 April, 2017 09:26
Many thanks Stuart.

john fox
johnnyf (IP Logged)

19 April, 2017 09:27
Stuart - There is no compensation for all the hours of time that you have put in except to retire in the knowledge that it was a job well done.
We have all benefited enormously from your input and the legacy will remain as an investment for all those who enjoy this board in the future.

MESSAGES->author
Bathbadger (IP Logged)

19 April, 2017 09:55
Sounds like you got off early for good behaviour winking smiley

Well done on keeping a good site going and good luck to Three Degrees going forward.

Cheers,

Rich

Boldngrey
Boldngrey (IP Logged)

19 April, 2017 10:23
Thank you, Stuart for a good job done.

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

19 April, 2017 11:32
Thank you to all 4 of you for keeping the site going; it's such a thankless job (except at retirement time, apparently).

You've done your stint when few were willing to, and good luck to the successor-triumvirate

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anythinghttp://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

westondave
WestonDave (IP Logged)

19 April, 2017 12:00
Thanks - all the best for the future - and good luck to the new sheriff(s) in town!

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

19 April, 2017 12:32
Thanks, Stuart, for being so tolerant and even-handed, but most of all for keeping the site going when Glen retired.thumbs down

sid the seagull
sid the seagull (IP Logged)

19 April, 2017 15:46
Well done. Wisdom and patience beyond all reasonable bounds!

FLUTTER

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

19 April, 2017 17:28
Thanks & well done Stuart. You've managed things in a calm & fair way. Are the new editors taking turns or working as a group?

BathPatriot
BathPatriot (IP Logged)

19 April, 2017 18:15
Thanks Stu for all your work, you have been a star. Happy retirement.

OBinexile
OBinexile (IP Logged)

19 April, 2017 19:58
BoB won't be happy that we're following the team and now have co-captains.
Many thanks for keeping the site going Stuart, and good luck to the new team.

OBinExile

MESSAGES->author
Griff (IP Logged)

19 April, 2017 20:23
Thank you Stuart. I started actively posting just as ERE was coming to an end. I'm sure I speak for many we are grateful that from the ashes of ERE, COML was born allowing us to continue to post passionately about Bath.

David Sisi Adopted player 2016/17

"You're going to need a bigger boat"

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

19 April, 2017 20:33
Thanks for ensuring the site continued when Glen hung up his keyboard. Enjoy your time on the back benches - just don't go and do a George Osborne!

gloucesterwatcher
gloucesterwatcher (IP Logged)

19 April, 2017 22:10
Thank you for all the long hours and buddist calm whilst listening to our pain and pleasure.
Like Glen,hopefully have your name on the club house wall of COML.
Enjoy the future, good luck and good health to you and your family.

MESSAGES->author
joethefanatic (IP Logged)

19 April, 2017 23:08
Thank you, Stuart, for being a (often) lone voice of sanity amongst the waves of mouth foamers.

Do we get a new name for the site with the move to a triumvirate? If so, I vote for "Never In Doubt" smiling smiley

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

20 April, 2017 08:55
Thanks for making the one or two big 'decisions' that kept the site balanced, fair and enjoyable again.

It was the right thing to do and all the varied opinions are heard without disruption. Great job and thank you.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

20 April, 2017 09:31
To answer a couple of questions from above:

1. We're all 'co-editors', no rotation or primacy. 'Editor' is really a ceremonial title, little-to-none is actually done and only really in the case of spam/libel/other possible legal issues.
2. We're not planning to change the site name, or, well, much of anything!

Thanks very much to Stuart for all his work! My primary hope is that at the end of next season, Bath having won the Premiership, someone will say 'wait, Stuart's not the editor any more?'

Rolfs_Cartoon_Club
@Hydor18 (IP Logged)

20 April, 2017 09:45
Many thanks indeed, Stuart. And welcome to the helm Cooch and Tipster!

ELT
ELT (IP Logged)

20 April, 2017 10:42
Yes, many thanks for all your hard work over recent years, Stuart. I hope you can now enjoy challenging the pessimists and doom merchants from the back benches.

Tiger in the Bath
Tiger in the Bath (IP Logged)

20 April, 2017 14:20
Thanks and well done Stuart smileys with beer

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

20 April, 2017 14:27
Thanks! but 5 years that's unbelievable

DownSouth
DownSouth (IP Logged)

20 April, 2017 16:49
Well done Stuart, massively appreciated. Looking forward to you posting with even more (unfettered) frequency.

And knowing the work of the new triumvirate already, we're in good hands.

MESSAGES->author
Garbageman (IP Logged)

20 April, 2017 22:44
Thanks Stuart, an important and I guess difficult job you've done with wit and charm.

quanco
quanco (IP Logged)

21 April, 2017 02:02
Thank you Stuart! I hope this allows you to bless us with more frequent posts or that it gives you more time to spend with your family. Your reason and charm has won a great deal of merit and rightly so. The safe atmosphere you have nurtured over the past few years would not be the same without you. Contributing reason, patience and wit; your presence typified how an admin role should be held.

Best of luck to the new trio! More than pleased with the appointments.

In Haschie Tips we trust!

Anthony Perenise [Bath Rugby] - Adopted Player 2017/18

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

21 April, 2017 14:10
Thanks from me too and best wishes to the COML 3 for the future, I do enjoy this site, rather to much according to Mrs C3k...

Adopted players: 2017-18 T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

Bath Supporter Jack

21 April, 2017 17:05
I'm not sure which announcement was more surprising......this one or the other one from Mrs May.

Stuart thanks for all that you have done.

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

22 April, 2017 23:06
Many many thanks indeed for taking on the role of editor in chief and keeping going with all the provocations and irritations there must surely have been over the years.

Trust the new team, who have been moderators over a while now, will manage to keep the ship afloat and on an even keel.

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

BBandW
BBandW (IP Logged)

23 April, 2017 08:22
Thanks from myself too; although only an occaisonal poster these days my instantly forgettable contributions date back to the original paper ere and through the various interweb iterations.

A shame that the new rec and Dan Llyles residency weren't finally sorted on your watch but I'm sure they soon will be.

Thanks for all the fish.(Sm150)

Susanne
Susanne (IP Logged)

26 April, 2017 12:40
Thank you Stuart, for taking it on in the first place and then having to steer through some very choppy waters at times. Time to get your land legs back!

I'm not 'ere nearly so much now, but appreciate that the site is still going - so that=nks to PG Tips, hasta and Cooch for stepping up to the plate too.

http://i63.tinypic.com/34hhulf.jpg
Proud to adopt one of our stars of the future

ken_jnr
ken_jnr (IP Logged)

27 April, 2017 17:52
Thanks for all the hours!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net