rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League


Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

Thursday's Chronic
20 April, 2017 11:54

 
The Oilman
The Oilman (IP Logged)

Re: Thursday's Chronic
20 April, 2017 16:46
[www.bathchronicle.co.uk]

Doesn't seem as though Todd is particularly impressed, like many of us.

 
MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

Re: Thursday's Chronic
20 April, 2017 17:50
Quote:
The Oilman
http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/todd-blackadder-wants-his-side-to-deliver-on-potential-in-semi-final-against-stade-francais/story-30283078-detail/story.html#m7TRqZQEWQQKxch6.01
Doesn't seem as though Todd is particularly impressed, like many of us.

Isn't Blackadder and his coaching team partly responsible for some of our dire away performances though?



Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

 
MESSAGES->author
Garbageman (IP Logged)

Re: Thursday's Chronic
20 April, 2017 22:58
Ultimately accountable (at some point) but difficult to judge how responsible, if by that you mean at fault. Perhaps you know more than I do?

 
MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

Re: Thursday's Chronic
20 April, 2017 23:16
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
The Oilman
http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/todd-blackadder-wants-his-side-to-deliver-on-potential-in-semi-final-against-stade-francais/story-30283078-detail/story.html#m7TRqZQEWQQKxch6.01
Doesn't seem as though Todd is particularly impressed, like many of us.

Isn't Blackadder and his coaching team partly responsible for some of our dire away performances though?

Age old dilemma, bit difficult to apportion blame when its inconsistency especially due to an unsettled as a result of injuries.

If the team was poor every week, it would be coach related. getting the mental approach correct is pretty vital, but TB can't control factors like George Fords departure and the baggage that goes with it.

I think we have to do what we can this season. TB will get a chance to refocus for next seasons games with a squad that he has assembled.

 
MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

Re: Thursday's Chronic
21 April, 2017 10:10
If a team is poor every away game, doesn't that also point at the mental approach being wrong and thus also coach related?



BATH supporter since 1975

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams

 
MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

Re: Thursday's Chronic
21 April, 2017 10:41
Quote:
jayeatman
If a team is poor every away game, doesn't that also point at the mental approach being wrong and thus also coach related?

Yes, but you have to deal with that issue in combination with your leaders, like it or not GF is a significant leader as evidenced by his "coaching' during training. That's why I don't think this issue can be properly sorted till he has left.

But I agree mental approach is part of coaching. GF and his link to his father which he has reinforced by leaving is, in my view, inhibiting TB's full ownership of the team.

 
The Oilman
The Oilman (IP Logged)

Re: Thursday's Chronic
21 April, 2017 11:25
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
The Oilman
http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/todd-blackadder-wants-his-side-to-deliver-on-potential-in-semi-final-against-stade-francais/story-30283078-detail/story.html#m7TRqZQEWQQKxch6.01
Doesn't seem as though Todd is particularly impressed, like many of us.

Isn't Blackadder and his coaching team partly responsible for some of our dire away performances though?

From my recollection, TB has said on a number of occasions that they didn't stick to the game plan. So it might be down to discipline. In the case of Hastings when we played Wasps it was blind panic.

 
MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

Re: Thursday's Chronic
21 April, 2017 11:33
Tend to agree: Leadership on the pitch is a big issue and this co-captain thing is a sign of there not being one stand-out leader.



BATH supporter since 1975

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?