rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

MESSAGES->author
JimDaff (IP Logged)

Re: JJ
07 May, 2017 01:19
Hopefully we're just being pragmatic; he's going to be heavily involved in a brutal lions tour, we had an extremely slim chance of getting fourth and have a young outside centre with a ton of potential but needing experience. Why not give JJ a couple of weeks rest now and reduce a bit of the wear and tear he'll suffer by playing two seasons concurrently?

BathPatriot
BathPatriot (IP Logged)

07 May, 2017 08:35
Source is a colleague of mine who works at the club and told me some time ago of major dissatisfaction among many players , JJ was one such player, now this could all mean nothing but I for one would not surprised if he and maybe others left. I think we can't underestimate how damaging the whole " Mike Ford" incident has been to our club.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

07 May, 2017 08:53
Perhaps JJ was a MF supporter and now GF has walked out he wants to follow him out the door? Doubt he's alone in this.

Chris Cook - Adopted player 2016/17

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

07 May, 2017 09:11
I guess the 'Mike Ford saga' split the squad - if not 50/50, then 80/20. 20% is still a lot of disaffected bodies. Let's hope that, while George's differences were irreconcilable, JJ's are not. Would be fairly obvious to think that, if we aren't in the mix for grown-up trophies next season, his agent will be listening to what others have got to say.

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

07 May, 2017 09:12
Meh. Believe it when I see it.

ken_jnr
ken_jnr (IP Logged)

07 May, 2017 09:13
I've got no idea about JJ's feelings or intentions, but the best he looked was the season we got to the final. The head coach, system and playmakers in that team are all gone and we are rebuilding yet again so I wouldn't be surprised if he felt it was a good time to move on.

He might not of course, he might just have a niggle that could turn into a proper injury on the eve of the Lions tour to NZ.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e87/ken_jnr/KEN_JNRcopy.jpg

MESSAGES->author
callmeMrTibbs (IP Logged)

07 May, 2017 09:13
Not going anywhere, nor @#$%& off, according to Todd.

From the Chronic:

Todd Blackadder has reassured Bath Rugby fans that all is well between him and one of the club's most talented players, Jonathan Joseph.

The England and British & Irish Lions centre didn't face Sale Sharks as he was not picked for the second week running, yet was not listed as "unavailable for selection".

Joseph's omission - after not playing in the win against Gloucester at the Rec - has sparked concern amongst some supporters that he has fallen out of favour with the director of rugby.

Speaking after yesterday's 27-24 defeat at AJ Bell Stadium, Blackadder said: "Since the SIx Nations, JJ has had niggle after niggle after niggle. He just can't shake it off.

"We basically gave him a rest to get his body right. There's nothing going on behind the scenes.

"There's no spat, or fallouts, or anything like that and he wasn't one of the players involved with any of that stuff at the Rec last week."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2017 09:14 by callmeMrTibbs.

MESSAGES->author
trikidiki (IP Logged)

07 May, 2017 09:25
My guess is Watson will be next in the queue for the revolving door.

Not too worried, I don't think he's a 'team player'. Took a dislike to him after seeing his attitude to fans at the meal at the friendly in Jersey a couple of years back. I'd much rather see Homer get the shirt.

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

07 May, 2017 09:28
Really hope that is the case though would be more reassuring coming from JJ - wouldn't expect the player - coach relationship at any successful club to always be sweetness and roses, there has to be some tough challenge and inevitably, especially when results are not consistently right, there will be conflict and argument from time to time

But everything Todd says publicly indicates he is someone who understands people and how to lead and motivate positively

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

07 May, 2017 09:33
He tried every 'trick' in the book with George and it didn't work. I think that. Reflects more on George than on Todd.

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

07 May, 2017 09:47
Absolutely agree Opti though there is a view that perhaps we were too indulgent with George and it might have been better for the club to have drawn a line under the position far earlier but there again maybe Todd had to play it as he did to avoid any further disaffection of other players

Only pre-season and first few games of next season will tell us that I suspect

DownSouth
DownSouth (IP Logged)

07 May, 2017 12:16
For what it's worth, I've met Todd a couple of times in the past few years through a mate who lives just south of Christchurch. Hard to imagine anyone finding a reason to fall out with the guy. Absolutely lovely man and a privilege to talk rugby over a beer with him.

I'd say we'll see the squad finally settling now he's got a run at a proper full season.

6/10 for this season. 7/10 if we'd made 4th and given Wasps a decent match in the semi.

The Oilman
The Oilman (IP Logged)

07 May, 2017 15:17
I am always rather sceptical about statements made in newspapers. How many times has someone been given 100% support that has subsequently soon evaporated?

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

07 May, 2017 15:48
Quote:
The Oilman
I am always rather sceptical about statements made in newspapers. How many times has someone been given 100% support that has subsequently soon evaporated?

+1

Statements like that guarantee in my mind that JJ wants to leave. Question is how many others want to jump ship with him?

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

07 May, 2017 17:04
Well, you're paranoid. There is literally nothing in this.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

07 May, 2017 17:14
Quote:
hasta

Not really, whenever anyone is given the dreaded vote of confidence they're usually gone within weeks.

Likewise when clubs feel the need to make a statement that a player isn't leaving it's usually just a sign of desperation. Burgess wasn't going to leave, Ford wasn't going to leave etc etc.

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

07 May, 2017 17:16
Now who is speculating?!

With George off to pastures new, and as I understand it JJ and Watson were signed by his father to accompany his son and further his progress, would it be surprising if they took stock and had the equivalent of our 'job headhunters' ringing them?

Matt Garvey - one to add to my List of Forward Talented Adoptees since 2003/4!

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

07 May, 2017 17:32
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
hasta

Not really, whenever anyone is given the dreaded vote of confidence they're usually gone within weeks.

Likewise when clubs feel the need to make a statement that a player isn't leaving it's usually just a sign of desperation. Burgess wasn't going to leave, Ford wasn't going to leave etc etc.

That's quite ridiculous. If he says nothing you are suspicious but if he tries to allay those fears you are also suspicious. Can't win!

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

07 May, 2017 17:42
Blackadder always acknowledged the Ford situation.

wilshd
wilshd (IP Logged)

07 May, 2017 21:17
Bathpatriot if your source is your colleague and your colleague works at the club....doesn't that mean you work at the club too....?

BathPatriot
BathPatriot (IP Logged)

08 May, 2017 00:33
I did work at the club for many years and I have remained in touch with people who are still there . The general consensus concerning Todd is correct in that he is a decent chap , this does not mean of course that he is the man to solve the not to insignificant problems at our club and player dissatisfaction is at the top of the list.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

08 May, 2017 07:45
What are the players dissatisfied with? What are the other problems?

bathleds
bathleds (IP Logged)

08 May, 2017 08:57
Quote:
BathPatriot
I did work at the club for many years and I have remained in touch with people who are still there . The general consensus concerning Todd is correct in that he is a decent chap , this does not mean of course that he is the man to solve the not to insignificant problems at our club and player dissatisfaction is at the top of the list.

If Players such as JJ are so dissatisfied at the Ford situation, how come he signed a new two year contract this season after Ford had left?

HamishMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

08 May, 2017 14:30
I don't think either JJ nor Watson seem to be off anywhere considering they signed contracts which last for another 2 seasons only last summer...

[www.skysports.com]

They also name Todd Blackadder and Tabai Matson as exciting coaches to work with in their press releases when signing on again and so I can't imagine they are still longing for a reunion with Mike Ford or are disillusioned at the way the club handled the whole Mike Ford getting the sack situation in the same way George was!!

All a load of unnecessary worrying.

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

08 May, 2017 15:22
Quote:
Big Dog
I don't think either JJ nor Watson seem to be off anywhere considering they signed contracts which last for another 2 seasons only last summer...
[www.skysports.com]

They also name Todd Blackadder and Tabai Matson as exciting coaches to work with in their press releases when signing on again and so I can't imagine they are still longing for a reunion with Mike Ford or are disillusioned at the way the club handled the whole Mike Ford getting the sack situation in the same way George was!!

All a load of unnecessary worrying.

If a player intends to follow Mike Ford I would recommend they stick to short contracts

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Bath Poll

Where do you think we'll finish this season?

See results > Submit >>