rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

Thursday's Chronic
27 April, 2017 11:01

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

Re: Thursday's Chronic
27 April, 2017 18:33

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

27 April, 2017 19:35
Can't disagree with any of those awards - think that they are spot on. Kahn wins by a country mile for me overall, Stooke (or Zach) my pleasant surprise of the season though.

Good stuff.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

27 April, 2017 20:10
Stooke definitely unsung hero of the season.

Boldngrey
Boldngrey (IP Logged)

27 April, 2017 20:54
Quote:
hasta
Stooke definitely unsung hero of the season.

+1

What a signing!

Boldngrey
Boldngrey (IP Logged)

27 April, 2017 20:59
Tom Dunn for unsung hero?

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

27 April, 2017 21:23
Quote:
Boldngrey
Tom Dunn for unsung hero?

I think that he was 'sung'. Glad he got an award.

Tom Sutton
Tom Sutton (IP Logged)

28 April, 2017 06:59
Not to denigrate Elliott Stooke in any way - as mentioned above he has been excellent - but I think you can also make a strong case for Tom Ellis as 'unsung hero'.

Tom Sutton.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

28 April, 2017 07:38
Agreed, especially in a new position for him.

Boldngrey
Boldngrey (IP Logged)

28 April, 2017 07:47
In the early part of the season a number came out of the shadows and delivered - one of the pleasing aspects.

livewire
livewire (IP Logged)

28 April, 2017 08:46
I thought Tom Homer had a very good season. See he was at Twickers but anybody know what's happened to him of late ?

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

28 April, 2017 10:51
Ellis and Dunn have both been good. Stooke, utterly unheralded and generally met with an 'Eh?' when signed has been excellent.

Lost Soul
Lost Soul (IP Logged)

30 April, 2017 10:16
Ironic. Stand out players this season are the new gun
Zach, Elliott, Ellis, Dunn and Kahn. The established players have either been injured or not on their game with a few notable exceptions, like Garvey when fit or Matt at the start of the season

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

30 April, 2017 10:45
Quote:
Lost Soul
Ironic. Stand out players this season are the new gun
Zach, Elliott, Ellis, Dunn and Kahn. The established players have either been injured or not on their game with a few notable exceptions, like Garvey when fit or Matt at the start of the season

And the odd cameo from Toby. Charteris's' contribution has been underwhelming. Generally we don't seem to get consistently significant performances from our top players.

ken_jnr
ken_jnr (IP Logged)

30 April, 2017 10:49
There is no doubt that a number of our "big name" players who have in the past delivered consistently excellent performances, have looked flat and average for long chunks of the season. Ford, JJ, Watson, Louw, Faletau and Charteris particularly have not seemingly been delivering as we may have expected. A variety of reasons for that, but it's definitely been a feature of the season.

On the upside, we have had Kahn, Taps, Clark at times, Stooke, Ellis, Dunn, Z. Mercer, Brew (pre contract extension), Homer and Lahiff really delivering more than I thought they might and being our standout players.

Interesting what the future holds for Bath, though I've learned to expect the inconsistent in the last 10 years.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

30 April, 2017 13:53
Louw, Faletau and Charteris have been better second half of the season after coming back from injury. It takes 2 or 3 games to get into match sharpness.

fat lock
fat lock (IP Logged)

30 April, 2017 13:59
Delighted to see Jan and Mike recognised for all they've done over the years

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net