rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

Next year's clash & Friday games
02 May, 2017 11:21
The overwhelming feedback from Season Ticket Holders was that The Clash was a special day for the Club, and we will be looking to create another brilliant event in the 2017/18 season, ensuring a great day out for all the family. The Clash will be included in your season ticket, with more details to follow soon.

As previously corresponded to all Season Ticket Holders, and based on your feedback, we will be working with Premiership Rugby and EPCR to limit the number of evening games we have next season. When our game is required to move from our preferred Saturday afternoon kick-off, we will alternate between Friday evening and Sunday afternoon.

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

Re: Next year's clash & Friday games
02 May, 2017 13:04
Have renewed - YAY! Bring it on for next year!

dcsh
dcsh (IP Logged)

02 May, 2017 17:56
I've renewed mine, not a bad price increase considering last years freeze and Champions Cup matches next season.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

02 May, 2017 18:04
Haven't made my mind up yet, increasing price whilst reducing the number of home games is wrong.

Money not an issue, just a matter of principle.

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

Omba
Omba (IP Logged)

02 May, 2017 18:19
As this appears to be discussing next year's ST...any word on spreading the payment? Can't see a link to it when renewing online

dcsh
dcsh (IP Logged)

02 May, 2017 18:51
Quote:
Omba
As this appears to be discussing next year's ST...any word on spreading the payment? Can't see a link to it when renewing online
Yes, paying by instalments was an option at checkout.

Quote:
OutsideBath
Haven't made my mind up yet, increasing price whilst reducing the number of home games is wrong.
This season also included the Clash, for those that didn't attend 1/16th plus 10% of the season ticket price was credit to their account and can be offset against renewal. I didn't go this season, but might next year.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

03 May, 2017 07:46
With respect to the clash, I did have a great time, I've only minor reservations about the concept (assuming the club think it's worthwhile), but I might not go again next year. I've done it. I don't think don't it again would be so special. I'm probably about 50:50.

Anyone else feel a bit like that?

nixworld2
nixworld2 (IP Logged)

03 May, 2017 08:26
Quote:
DanWiley
With respect to the clash, I did have a great time, I've only minor reservations about the concept (assuming the club think it's worthwhile), but I might not go again next year. I've done it. I don't think don't it again would be so special. I'm probably about 50:50.
Anyone else feel a bit like that?

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly how I feel. On the website, they say: "The overwhelming feedback from Season Ticket Holders was that The Clash was a special day for the Club." Yes, it was good. But do we need to do it again every year? I'll be over it pretty quickly.

I will renew. My eyebrows raised a little at the increase, but I was expecting it.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

03 May, 2017 08:42
Personally I find it impossible to enjoy a day out at Twickenham, doesn't even figure in my list of top ten stadiums in the world that I've watched sport in.

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

03 May, 2017 09:36
Being lazy as I havn't tried to renew or had info from club, how much is the increase this year/ Just so I might be able to put a bit extra in advance to the piggy bank. I am not prepared to give them the whole amount at the beginning of May when the first match won't be until August earliest - where is the sense in that?

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

03 May, 2017 10:04
I know what would be a 'special day out' - and it wouldn't be a home game masquerading as a Cup final. What happens if we reach an actual Cup final? Either the Clash or the final itself would start to lose its specialness. I still find a good day at the Rec pretty special.

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

03 May, 2017 10:05
Hold on Annie - you said you aren't renewing... Or was your account compromised by a 'corporate Bath' hating hacker?

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

03 May, 2017 10:08
If the objective is to have a great day out, perhaps we could all go to Alton Towers? I've been meaning to visit Warwick Castle for a while..

westondave
WestonDave (IP Logged)

03 May, 2017 10:34
Quote:
dcsh
Quote:
Omba

Quote:
OutsideBath
This season also included the Clash, for those that didn't attend 1/16th plus 10% of the season ticket price was credit to their account and can be offset against renewal. I didn't go this season, but might next year.

Mine doesn't seem to have had the credit applied - looks like I'll have to phone them and get it sorted. I also haven't seen any confirmation that the same credit arrangement applies this year - I fear that it may well be tough luck, most people liked it so suck it up!

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

03 May, 2017 10:38
I thought the same, I phoned them and they said that I would be offered the option to apply the credit, it didn't do that, but the amount I was paying appeared to be the total price discounted by that amount.

I tried twice to pay on line and it failed, so I had to phone them up....as usual.

TG Kesmo
TG Kesmo (IP Logged)

03 May, 2017 11:12
Anyone know if there will be an automatic refund for Clash 2? Unless Twickenham can get any closer I can't see myself going.

dcsh
dcsh (IP Logged)

03 May, 2017 12:42
Quote:
WestonDave
Quote:
dcsh
Quote:
Omba

Quote:
OutsideBath

Mine doesn't seem to have had the credit applied - looks like I'll have to phone them and get it sorted. I also haven't seen any confirmation that the same credit arrangement applies this year - I fear that it may well be tough luck, most people liked it so suck it up!

My refund wasn't visible on my account until I put the renewal in the basket, then it showed a voucher being applied to the cost and the remainder still to pay.

Bath Supporter Jack

03 May, 2017 13:12
So I've checked and mine is £489 in the Gold Area on the Open Side. Does any one know out of interest what it was last year?

Given we have 11 Aviva, at least three Big Boys Cup and 2 - 3 Anglo Welsh Cup that is 16 - 17games or £30.56p or £28.76p

Good value I think.

nixworld2
nixworld2 (IP Logged)

03 May, 2017 21:12
Quote:
Bath Supporter Jack
So I've checked and mine is £489 in the Gold Area on the Open Side. Does any one know out of interest what it was last year?
Given we have 11 Aviva, at least three Big Boys Cup and 2 - 3 Anglo Welsh Cup that is 16 - 17games or £30.56p or £28.76p

Good value I think.

£470 last year.

MESSAGES->author
Bathbadger (IP Logged)

04 May, 2017 08:09
Last season was a price freeze, so the increase of £10 for my Terrace ST over 2 seasons doesnt seem too bad.

Cheers,

Rich

Kidney Stone
Kidney Stone (IP Logged)

04 May, 2017 10:11
Quote:
OutsideBath

Agree with this.

Add in the Friday/Sunday games and for me renewal seems less attractive than it ever has.

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

04 May, 2017 10:14
I agree, its a bit less attractive, but when I compared it with the thought of not having a season ticket, it made up my mind.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

04 May, 2017 11:17
£10 increase and you've got Champions Cup rather than Challenge Cup.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

04 May, 2017 12:34
Seems reasonable increase to me. Having my usual difficulty renewing on line, probably will end up ringing as usual. Hey ho!

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

04 May, 2017 12:54
Renewed our two mini ST's online this morning without a hitch...

Adopted players: 2017-18 T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

04 May, 2017 16:04
Quote:
hasta

Still 1 less home league game though.

MESSAGES->author
Bathbadger (IP Logged)

04 May, 2017 17:40
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
hasta

Which you can get refunded

Cheers,

Rich

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

04 May, 2017 17:48
Quote:
Bathbadger
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
hasta

Only if you renew

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

04 May, 2017 17:54
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
Bathbadger
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
hasta

Only if you renew

If you don't renew there is no increase!

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

04 May, 2017 18:08
Quote:
CoochieCoo
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
Bathbadger
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
hasta

Only if you renew

If you don't renew there is no increase!

That is entirely correct, however then I have been charged more for my 16/17 season ticket than someone who went to the "home" fixture at Twickenham or does renew. If the club had an ounce of integrity the Twickenham fixture would be removed from the season ticket with discounts available for those that want to go.

To be honest though this issue isn't the main point on whether I renew or not. The decision is mainly going to be made on what players are signed to make us competitive again.

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

04 May, 2017 18:17
Who are people kidding - you will all renew...you just like having a bit of a moan first!

(I just had a credit in my account for the Clash so I don't think that you necessarily need to renew you could just go to one home game and spend that credit?)

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

Re: Next year's clash & Friday game
04 May, 2017 22:29
Quote:
OutsideBath

.......however then I have been charged more for my 16/17 season ticket than someone who went to the "home" fixture at Twickenham or does renew. If the club had an ounce of integrity........

Do not understand this comment If you renew you have a credit on your account for not attending, however if you don't renew the club pays 6.9% of your 16/17 ST straight to your bank account. In other words you are better off in cash terms by 10% of 1/16th of your ST than a person who took advantage of taking up their ST seat!

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

Re: Next year's clash & Friday game
04 May, 2017 23:02
Quote:
CoochieCoo
Quote:
OutsideBath

.......however then I have been charged more for my 16/17 season ticket than someone who went to the "home" fixture at Twickenham or does renew. If the club had an ounce of integrity........

Do not understand this comment If you renew you have a credit on your account for not attending, however if you don't renew the club pays 6.9% of your 16/17 ST straight to your bank account. In other words you are better off in cash terms by 10% of 1/16th of your ST than a person who took advantage of taking up their ST seat!

Didn't realise I got money back if I don't renew so that's a potential bonus.

Bryan Allen
beastieboy (IP Logged)

07 May, 2017 16:10
After moving away and 2 redundancies later I wish I was in a position to renew my season ticket!

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2017 19:42
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Puts our moaning in perspective.

Newcastle STs aren't cheap either.

[www.eticketing.co.uk]

Adult £330 for standing in the South stand against about £300 for Bath?

MESSAGES->author
Garbageman (IP Logged)

17 May, 2017 21:10
Makes me laugh the value calls from die hard Bath fans/supporters when compared with some of the criticism of players and contracts.

MESSAGES->author
Garbageman (IP Logged)

17 May, 2017 21:34
And Newcastle to play at home in Philadelphia
[m.bbc.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2017 22:21
It's fair to say that the falcons fans are (understandably) annoyed

[www.rugbynetwork.net]

It's one thing getting HQ, another getting to Philly...and weeks after they have renewed their tickets.

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

18 May, 2017 08:03
And to be fair it is more about Sarries than Falcons, they are just sitting on the coat-tails for this venture at least with the LI game there was potential for a decent level of local Irish support. How many Geordies are out there?

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

18 May, 2017 09:06
[www.theguardian.com]

Well according to Dan Lyle:

Lyle added: “I also like Newcastle in so many ways. I think Newcastle and Philadelphia as sports cities are similar, they’re north-eastern, places with the sea trade and the industrial past, and in rugby Newcastle were the first Premiership champions and they also have a USA player, Nick Civetta.”

Tenuous! We are in the South West so expect a match in San Diego sometime soon...

Agree Gaz it is Sarries +1

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

18 May, 2017 09:24
If it were Sarries +1 it'd be Sarries losing a home game.

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

18 May, 2017 10:21
Quote:
hasta
If it were Sarries +1 it'd be Sarries losing a home game.

<<Sigh>> OK then Hasta...its X + Sarries (where X = any other team. Happier?)

The point is that the USA wants 'the man utd' of rugby over there and they aren't too bothered about who they play.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

18 May, 2017 10:41
I'm not entirely sure the USA wants this. I think PRL do and they're happy to annoy as few fans as possible by screwing Newcastle. I don't see that Sarries are in any way equivalent to Man Utd - Leicester Tigers surely are anyway, but how many ex-pats have any allegiance to Sarries? London Irish at least had some semblance of appealing to people of Irish descent in the US - and still only pulled 14.8k people in New York.

This just seems... ill thought through.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

18 May, 2017 10:55
Quote:
hasta
I'm not entirely sure the USA wants this. I think PRL do and they're happy to annoy as few fans as possible by screwing Newcastle. I don't see that Sarries are in any way equivalent to Man Utd - Leicester Tigers surely are anyway, but how many ex-pats have any allegiance to Sarries? London Irish at least had some semblance of appealing to people of Irish descent in the US - and still only pulled 14.8k people in New York.
This just seems... ill thought through.

Such is the profile of rugby even in this country I doubt that the average sports fan who is principally interested in the football Premiership knows much about Saracens other than they are one of the well known clubs & have won a few trophies recently. If they were massively popular they would fill their ground for every match which I'm told they don't.

HamishMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

18 May, 2017 12:40
Surely if they wanted to really attract the American audience then they should have a Champions cup pool game or two over there?

I can't see many people getting excited about Newcastle vs Saracens regardless of how good they are. Surely if you take Saracens vs Leinster or some big game like that for the Champions cup you'd attract more people?

I suppose their fear with that is that it's a too tactical game which new supporters don't understand and find boring.

HamishMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

18 May, 2017 12:42
An even better idea would be the Champions cup winners vs the Super Rugby winners played in the USA as that would be neutral venue for this and an exciting game for neutrals and supporters alike to watch and tune in for?

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

18 May, 2017 13:39
That would be a better idea, I agree.

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

18 May, 2017 13:39
Maybe they can play the game in 16 x 5 minute bursts with 10 minutes in between? Make the whole game last about 4 hours like the Superbowl.

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

18 May, 2017 15:14
Quote:
BathMatt53
Maybe they can play the game in 16 x 5 minute bursts with 10 minutes in between? Make the whole game last about 4 hours like the Superbowl.
But they already have rugby 7s

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anythinghttp://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

18 May, 2017 16:19
If clubs are going to persist with this none sense of playing games away from home then Bath v Sarries in Las Vegas would work for me.

HamishMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

18 May, 2017 17:40
Quote:
OutsideBath
If clubs are going to persist with this none sense of playing games away from home then Bath v Sarries in Las Vegas would work for me.

+1 please smiling smiley

I wonder if the club will put some flights on like they did organising buses for the clash...

stuart turner
Loiner (IP Logged)

18 May, 2017 22:58
Maybe Sarries can have all their away games in The USA

Bath Supporter Jack

19 May, 2017 23:47
I wonder if Dan Lyle wanted Bath v Sarries?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net