rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

VinceJ
VinceJ (IP Logged)

United v UK Armed Forces Wednesday evening
09 May, 2017 19:09
Stronger side than usual being put out for tomorrow evening's United match:

Bath United XV

15. Adam Hastings

14. Levi Davis

13. Max Clark

12. Robbie Fruean

11. Darren Atkins

10. Rory Jennings

9. Will Homer

1. Beno Obano

2. Nathan Charles

3. Sam Nixon

4. David Sisi

5. Elliott Stooke

6. Josh Bayliss

7. Guy Mercer (c)

8. Paul Grant

Replacements
16. Lee Fairclough

17. Will Vaughan

18. Shaun Knight

19. Scott Williams

20. Max Day

21. Chris Cook

22. Ashley Chalk

23. Duncan Craig

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

Re: United v UK Armed Forces Wednesday evening
10 May, 2017 06:58
Looking forward to it. I hope they have strong centres or it could be painful. Looking forward to seeing the flying England U19 Levi Davis. Chris Cook should tear them apart off the bench.

VinceJ
VinceJ (IP Logged)

10 May, 2017 20:18
HT 48-0. Freuan showing well, pity he seems unlikely to be here next season

VinceJ
VinceJ (IP Logged)

10 May, 2017 21:28
FT 78-0 MOTM Fruean. Thought Sisi had a good game too. Hat trick for Atkins. Nice touch at the end, Chris Cook scored and Nathan Charles took, and got, the conversion so he leaves us with his name in the records.

Boldngrey
Boldngrey (IP Logged)

10 May, 2017 21:31
Interesting sign of the times. Time was when the Combined Services would have given United a good game.

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

10 May, 2017 21:49
Full time professional athletes against talented amateurs unfortunately, but great crowd, sunny evening and good fun. Davis looks a prospect on the wing, young Nixon put in another shift and homer looked sharp as ever before he went off.

(P.s. I apologise to those in the riverside stand for not taking your woes seriously enough. View from in front of the analyst boxes was awful, loads of struts in the way, peeople up and down like jack in the boxes...thank the lord for the terraces.)

Flying Scotsman
Flying Scotsman (IP Logged)

10 May, 2017 22:09
Quote:
BathMatt53
Full time professional athletes against talented amateurs unfortunately, but great crowd, sunny evening and good fun. Davis looks a prospect on the wing, young Nixon put in another shift and homer looked sharp as ever before he went off.
(P.s. I apologise to those in the riverside stand for not taking your woes seriously enough. View from in front of the analyst boxes was awful, loads of struts in the way, peeople up and down like jack in the boxes...thank the lord for the terraces.)

Agree 100% re riverside stand - I was almost completely opposite where I normally sit in the east stand and the overall experience wasn't great. I guess the main saving grace is that you stay dry when we get a soaking. I hope the pitch move makes some difference as it wasn't easy following the action in the near corners.

Hastings looked excellent tonight - real shame he's leaving.

Boldngrey
Boldngrey (IP Logged)

10 May, 2017 22:12
I think you will find that only a few Combined Services players are not contracted to clubs - usually championship, several Scottish.

Which probably makes them full time professionals, albeit not at Premiership levels.

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

10 May, 2017 23:08
Whatever they were BnG, they were outclassed and looked like they didn't have the time to really get to play together much. Their 8 and 15 looked good though. Still a good evening and judging by the number of people watching they should have raised a few quid too.

quanco
quanco (IP Logged)

10 May, 2017 23:23
A solid display and an enjoyable evening. Perfect score line but not necessarily clinical (not that I'd expect it to be). Wish they'd include these sorts of matches in pre season. Charitable cause and just as enjoyable.

Felt as though some of our players showed a lot of class. Cannot wait to see young Homer develop over the next few seasons! Try he scored from beyond the half way line shall live long in the memory! Other notable performances for me:

Nathan Charles - (better kicking from hand than we've seen from some of our backs this season!)

Sam Nixon - looks like he has a lot of development in him. Certainly seems to have the genes for a TH.

Stooke and Sisi both put in a great performance. Brought a lot of the go forward with them.

Paul Grant - this man loves an off load. He plays, from what I can recall, quite similar to as Blackadder did. Wondering whether Adder sees a bit of himself in him?

Will Homer - fast and always looking to snipe with a run. Looks a lot more comfortable now with drawing in the defenders. Notable mention for Cook but needlessly kicked the ball away for us to be marched back 10.

Atkins and Davis both have pace to spare!! Would love to see them race against some of our senior players!

Clark and fruean both caused trouble consistently throughout the whole game. Fruean MotM.

Also, sadly I do not know his name, but I felt the Armed Forces number 23 put in a real shift. Took the ball to the line consistently and really brought a lot of energy to some of the forces' plays.

Adam Hastings/Bath Rugby - Adopted Player 2016/17

MESSAGES->author
Lansdown12 (IP Logged)

11 May, 2017 08:23
The AF first came together on Monday of this week, not surprising they where a bit disjointed sometimes. Dispite that though I thought they played a lot better than the scoreline

by
by (IP Logged)

11 May, 2017 08:50
I really enjoy these mid match united games, I hope next season we'll be much more competitive in the A league.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Bath Poll

Where do you think we'll finish this season?

See results > Submit >>