rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

VinceJ
VinceJ (IP Logged)

Player Movements
09 May, 2017 19:15
According to the Chron:

Freuan - to be announced by Edinburgh as a signing in the next few days

Grant - we are trying to keep him

Marfo - no contract offer

Brooker - no contract offer

Charles - no contract offer

Sisi - leaving, suggested he has an offer from another club but not yet announced

Mention also made of the expiry of current contracts for Guy Mercer and Jeff Williams in the coming months.

Chron

Woodster
Woodster (IP Logged)

Re: Player Movements
09 May, 2017 21:12
If that turns out to be correct, I'd say we are right in letting those who are reported as going, go. I personaly like Grant, so think trying to keep him is a good idea.

by
by (IP Logged)

09 May, 2017 21:23
I mentioned this else where but Dan Evans confirmed that Guy Mercer has signed a new deal but it just hasn't been announced publicly.

hipster1676
hipster1676 (IP Logged)

10 May, 2017 08:56
Quote:
by
I mentioned this else where but Dan Evans confirmed that Guy Mercer has signed a new deal but it just hasn't been announced publicly.
he obviously has no ambition to play regular rugby which I find a little odd. Also I would much rather see an up and coming youngster on the books rather than Guy who has proven that he is not up to premiership standard.

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

10 May, 2017 09:24
I don't think that this is accurate? It wasn't mentioned in the latest Chron report only that he was out of contract. Besides which, surely if the club captain extends it would be all over the website?

by
by (IP Logged)

10 May, 2017 10:25
Quote:
BathMatt53
I don't think that this is accurate? It wasn't mentioned in the latest Chron report only that he was out of contract. Besides which, surely if the club captain extends it would be all over the website?

A relative of a player accidentally corrected that article on Facebook saying, "I thought Guy Mercer had already signed up" and Dan said yes but that isn't public knowledge.

HamishMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

10 May, 2017 10:49
Quote:
by
Quote:
BathMatt53

A relative of a player accidentally corrected that article on Facebook saying, "I thought Guy Mercer had already signed up" and Dan said yes but that isn't public knowledge.

Perhaps it is not public knowledge yet as there are discussions to replace him as Club Captain and they will announce the two together?? Like a 'Guy Mercer steps down as Club Captain but signs a new contract to remain at the club' sort of thing...

Please be Attwood for Capitano.

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

10 May, 2017 12:27
Quote:
by
Quote:
BathMatt53

Love it! I think that its strange that we would announce some contracts but not our club captain...

by
by (IP Logged)

10 May, 2017 13:48
Bath rugby are pretty useless at announcing signings, M. Ford said on radio that we had signed Kahn about a month before it was officially announced.

Rolfs_Cartoon_Club
@Hydor18 (IP Logged)

10 May, 2017 14:06
In respect of new signings, we've had our fingers burned on more than one occasion by announcing signings before the ink was dry.

There was a proper cockup with Mark Connors in the early 2000's when it was all announced, and then something went wrong and it turned acrimonious; then there was Duncan Bell, who we were told was signing from Pontypridd only for them to say he had to see out the final year of his contract. Just as I thought we were becoming a little more professional, along comes Kyle Eastmond's contract embuggerence!

Barfboy
Barfboy (IP Logged)

10 May, 2017 15:28
Would love to see Charles given a year to properly see what he can do.

Be more than happy with him, Batty, Dunn and Walker. Unless we've got a superstar signing up our sleeves, I think that lot would have a great battle amongst themselves for the starting berth

HamishMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

10 May, 2017 17:46
Quote:
Barfboy
Would love to see Charles given a year to properly see what he can do.
Be more than happy with him, Batty, Dunn and Walker. Unless we've got a superstar signing up our sleeves, I think that lot would have a great battle amongst themselves for the starting berth

+1 tons of depth and a mixture of experience and youth

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

10 May, 2017 21:44
Does anyone know why on Earth Brooker was starting ahead of Charles? Anyone? Bueller?

dcsh
dcsh (IP Logged)

11 May, 2017 09:55
Quote:
hasta
Does anyone know why on Earth Brooker was starting ahead of Charles? Anyone? Bueller?
Could it be to do with the number of foreign players in the squad? Although I can't think who else wouldn't be covered under EU/Kolpac rules, Fruean maybe, but thought you could have two. Could also be to get our average English qualified player number up, but hard to believe that is a problem for us.

DownSouth
DownSouth (IP Logged)

11 May, 2017 13:12
350 SA players playing outside RSA. Not just for the money:

[amp.smh.com.au]

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

11 May, 2017 13:49
Only going to increase with SA losing two Super Rugby teams.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net