rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

SA in the pro 12
30 June, 2017 08:00
[www.bbc.co.uk]

2 SA teams to be cut from super rugby will be joining the Pro 12 ready for the new season. Should mix things up a bit, will be interesting to see how they match up.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

Re: SA in the pro 12
30 June, 2017 09:07
Not sure how this will work regarding travel to be honest.

Can you see any traveling support from Glasgow or Newport to Port Elizabeth? I'll be going to watch the odd game out of interest though!

MESSAGES->author
BathSalmon (IP Logged)

30 June, 2017 09:25
What about Champions Cup qualification? Presume they won't be included.

Trev's Big Tackle
Trev's Big Tackle (IP Logged)

30 June, 2017 09:25
Will they qualify for the Heineken Cup or whatever it's called?

MESSAGES->author
callmeMrTibbs (IP Logged)

30 June, 2017 09:36
That explains why I was asked to participate in a Pro 12 sponsored survey asking how far I would travel to watch a game.

If they get USA and/or Canadian teams involved, presumably in two separate divisions, they will be building something which will be very lucrative.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

30 June, 2017 09:55
I'll believe it when I see it.

Substitute
Substitute (IP Logged)

30 June, 2017 11:37
Quote:
callmeMrTibbs
If they get USA and/or Canadian teams involved, presumably in two separate divisions, they will be building something which will be very lucrative.

I can't see a case where it would ever be that lucrative.

Just ask the Super 15 (or whatever it is) how their global expansion went.

MESSAGES->author
callmeMrTibbs (IP Logged)

30 June, 2017 12:51
Quote:
Substitute

I can't see a case where it would ever be that lucrative.

No? American TV rights, Canadian and South African also. Plus it has to be easier to spark a sponsership battle when you can offer the New York Titans v Munster, or the Cheetahs v Edinburgh, rather than Ospreys v Connacht. Sky might even find someone like Ch4 trying to muscle in on UK coverage.

Not top dollar straight away, I agree. But those three new markets hold far more potential than the Argentinian market has for the Super 15.

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

30 June, 2017 14:03
I think it's a good move for all, the expelled teams have a competition to play in, and the PRO12 should get tougher with the Boks involved. Read somewhere today that Allianz Park might be used as the home venue for the SA sides, smart thinking by all involved imho...

Adopted players: [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

sid the seagull
sid the seagull (IP Logged)

03 July, 2017 12:02
Allianz park 'home' for SA teams?
Joke frankly, just commercial marketing boll*x trying to take the game further away from geographic and genuine fan loyalties.
PAH!

SQUAWKFLAPHOPSQUAWK

HamishMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

03 July, 2017 15:12
SA teams should do well in the Pro 12 on basis they will be full strength all season - or at least do not lose many during Autumn and at full strength during 6 Nations.

How will it work with europe though as others have raised??

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

03 July, 2017 15:51
If it happens (and I reckon that's still a substantial if) they won't be eligible for Europe - if for no other reason than they'll probably be looking at promotion and relegation from Super15.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

14 July, 2017 10:42
Quote:
hasta
I'll believe it when I see it.

I understand your scepticism but it's getting closer though not at Allianz Park it seems.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Bath Poll

Where do you think we'll finish this season?

See results > Submit >>