rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

MESSAGES->author
dabos (IP Logged)

Dublin weekend
03 July, 2017 19:19
As a not very foreign travelled, but would love this I suspect, any tips from you grizzly veterans as to flights, hotels etc.

MESSAGES->author
Griff (IP Logged)

Re: Dublin weekend
03 July, 2017 20:06
Quote:
dabos
As a not very foreign travelled, but would love this I suspect, any tips from you grizzly veterans as to flights, hotels etc.

Depends what you want to do Dabos, if you want to be near the bars then stay near Templebar. St Stephens Green, is nice area and about 10-15min walk from the main hubbub of the City Centre

Ryanair fly from Brizzle airport. Think they have 3 flights day. The 747 bus goes from the airport to Dublin City centre so no need for a taxi.

Worth getting a bus pass for the open top bus, cheap way to get around the city and stops at all the main tourist spots. The bus doesn't go to Croke Park but highly recommend doing the Stadium Tour

David Sisi Adopted player 2016/17

"You're going to need a bigger boat"

MESSAGES->author
trikidiki (IP Logged)

Re: Dublin weekend
11 July, 2017 21:00
I've been to Dublin for Bath matches a few times and for 6 Nations matches.

The shuttle bus to and from the airport works well and is frequent, don't panic if it passes you by, full up, as they will send another one along soon after.

If you're going for the Leinster friendly, I'd get to Donnybrook early and visit a local hostelry. The DART and buses will get rammed just before the match as the ground is a little way out of the centre. Then a good pub crawl back into town afterwards.

If you've not been before then the normal city centre tourist spots are worth a look, Guinness Storehouse is a must do, Jamesons tour is not as good. Trinity College for the Book of Kells Exhibition. Kilmainham Gaol is a bit further out of town but worth a trip, easily reached on the tram (DART).

Dublinbikes hire scheme works really well for getting around the city. We cycled around finding all the bronze sculptures, like the 'Hags with the Bags' and the 'Dope with the Rope' along with more than a bar or two.

If you have a spare day and enjoy walking I can recommend a walk around the Howth peninsula, easily reached by train from the centre. Or just a trip out to Howth for a look around the harbour and 'Fish and Chips' or whatever seafood you fancy.

Having been several times before we hired a car for the latest trip and spent some time out of town in the surrounding area. Planned to do some walking in the Wicklow Mountains but it was really foggy so we had a stroll by Glendalough.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net