rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Jonny Fantastic
Jonny Fantastic (IP Logged)

Opening fixtures
07 July, 2017 11:09
From the offy. First 10 rounds confirmed, Tigers first up!

Sunday 3rd September Leicester Tigers v Bath Rugby 15:00, Live on BT Sport
Saturday 9th September Bath Rugby v Saracens 14:00, Live on BT Sport
Friday 15th September Northampton Saints v Bath Rugby 19:45, Live on BT Sport
Saturday 23rd September Bath Rugby v Newcastle Falcons 15:00
Sunday 1st October Wasps v Bath Rugby 15:00, Live on BT Sport
Saturday 7th October Bath Rugby v Worcester Warriors 15:00
Sunday 29th October Bath Rugby v Gloucester Rugby 15:00, Live on BT Sport
Sunday 19th November London Irish v Bath Rugby 15:00
Saturday 25th November Bath Rugby v Harlequins 12:15
Saturday 2nd December Exeter Chiefs v Bath Rugby 14:00, Live on BT Sport

ChippenhamRoman
ChippenhamRoman (IP Logged)

Re: Opening fixtures
07 July, 2017 11:15
Feck me

Leicester Away
Saracens Home
Northampton Away

Nothing like having an easy start to the season!

J

westondave
WestonDave (IP Logged)

07 July, 2017 11:15
Clash is Tigers again - weekend of 7th April. End of school holidays so expect rail works again!

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

07 July, 2017 11:18
Wow those are 3 tough opening games...and then we hit the potentially 'easier' games of LI and Quins during the Autumn Internationals - Quins being on the day Kahn will be presumably playing at Twickers.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

07 July, 2017 11:18
Thought the club said they would choose a different team for the clash?

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

by
by (IP Logged)

07 July, 2017 11:26
Tough fixture list but probably good to get some of the away fixtures out the way so we can finish strong, unlike last season.

incastrowetrust
Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)

07 July, 2017 11:28
No rec again for me this year (unless it happens in knock out rugby)

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

07 July, 2017 11:29
Quote:
by
Tough fixture list but probably good to get some of the away fixtures out the way so we can finish strong, unlike last season.

Problem is we could easily be played 3 lost 3 which puts extra pressure on the home game with an improving Falcons team.

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

07 July, 2017 11:32
Mmm, could easily be P3 L3, the players will know that and will prepare for the season accordingly.

tigerburnie
tigerburnie (IP Logged)

07 July, 2017 11:58
George v Freddie right from the off then.

MESSAGES->author
hemington (IP Logged)

07 July, 2017 11:59
Cor blimey were being defeastist before the season has already begun. Why can't we beat Tiggers and Saints away. sarries at home could be a bit more difficult but they is bound to be some Lions hanover and anyway they are only rugby players. Please get a grip guys. I hope our team don't go into the season with a similar mindset. How about a Played 3 Won 3 mentality?

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

07 July, 2017 12:13
First 2-3 games are a bit of a lottery anyway

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

07 July, 2017 12:37
If we need a blueprint, see Exeter last year with their tough start and then crazy unbeaten run...I would take that!

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

07 July, 2017 13:10
Hemington

The Lions are in Germany? I thought they were in New Zealand!

PG

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

07 July, 2017 19:44
Quote:
BathMatt53
If we need a blueprint, see Exeter last year with their tough start and then crazy unbeaten run...I would take that!

My thoughts too...

Adopted players: 2017-18 T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

07 July, 2017 19:57
Quote:
tigerburnie
George v Freddie right from the off then.

An early opportunity for one of our big guys to put a few big hits on the little sulker.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

07 July, 2017 20:05
Quote:
Clarkey3k
Quote:
BathMatt53

My thoughts too...

Shhh. Don't let BoB hear you!

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

07 July, 2017 20:43
I find it slightly amusing that George spends all of last season manipulating so that he gets away from Bath and the Rec and the first games is......Bath at the Rec!

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

07 July, 2017 21:02
3 Sep Bath at WR!!!!!

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

07 July, 2017 21:59
Quote:
shipwrecked
I find it slightly amusing that George spends all of last season manipulating so that he gets away from Bath and the Rec and the first games is......Bath at the Rec!

I find it slightly amusing that George spends all of last season manipulating so that he gets away from Bath and the first games is......Bath.!

It's OK BnG, just getting the hang of these new glasses. (Sm67)

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

08 July, 2017 11:47
Quote:
shipwrecked

but it also gives him a chance to show us what we are going to miss 😖

Puxonian
Puxonian (IP Logged)

08 July, 2017 15:18
No home matches on Friday night (at least up to round ten)! Thanks and a pint for whoever it was who managed to fix this

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

08 July, 2017 15:59
Quote:
Bath Hammer
Quote:
shipwrecked

Alternatively gives Tigers a chance to realise what they are going to miss!

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

08 July, 2017 23:23
Quote:
shipwrecked
Quote:
Bath Hammer
Quote:
shipwrecked

I fear that once GF has settled down after a year or more of disruption, maybe of his own making, he will show what an outstanding f/h he is. If he was in NZ he would be in the running for a cap regardless of his much maligned kicking.

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

09 July, 2017 07:59
Quote:
Bath Hammer
Quote:
shipwrecked
Quote:
Bath Hammer
Quote:
shipwrecked

I fear that once GF has settled down after a year or more of disruption, maybe of his own making, he will show what an outstanding f/h he is. If he was in NZ he would be in the running for a cap regardless of his much maligned kicking.
In the running? if GF were a Kiwi, they wouldn't have had any worries about DC's retirement

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anythinghttp://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

09 July, 2017 08:38
Quote:
Bath Hammer
Quote:
shipwrecked
Quote:
Bath Hammer
Quote:
shipwrecked

Provided he has someone outside him to pass to.

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

09 July, 2017 09:15
Are we really still discussing GF? I thought that all the juice was squeezed out of that topic...

FB on the other hand must be wondering how he can really get up to speed with his role in the team without the new 12 that TB has promised. Wonder if James Phillips is running around at Farleigh with a 12 on his back?

BathPatriot
BathPatriot (IP Logged)

09 July, 2017 10:11
I have a real foreboding about this coming season, could we be relegation candidates?? Our squad looks weaker than last season while other teams seemed to have improved.

BathPatriot
BathPatriot (IP Logged)

09 July, 2017 10:11
I have a real foreboding about this coming season, could we be relegation candidates?? Our squad looks weaker than last season while other teams seemed to have improved.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

09 July, 2017 10:43
I agree that the AP has improved in terms of player content, but we don't actually know what our full squad is yet.
Any AP team is only strong if it can get hold of the ball. Assuming we add to our front row we have a pack that can win ball, but what we have that is way better than anyone else is a back row to die for, not only that we have depth with it.

Faletau, Underhill, Louw, Ellis, Garvey, Mercer have the ability to win ball at the breakdown and we clearly have backs to exploit this ball.

Sorry, but I don't see relegation as even a remote possibility.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

09 July, 2017 11:58
Quote:
shipwrecked
I agree that the AP has improved in terms of player content, but we don't actually know what our full squad is yet.
Any AP team is only strong if it can get hold of the ball. Assuming we add to our front row we have a pack that can win ball, but what we have that is way better than anyone else is a back row to die for, not only that we have depth with it.

Faletau, Underhill, Louw, Ellis, Garvey, Mercer have the ability to win ball at the breakdown and we clearly have backs to exploit this ball.

Maybe not relegation, but with the team being weaker I can see us scrabbling around in the bottom third.

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

09 July, 2017 12:33
If we can have fewer injuries I don't see how we can be weaker?

Denton - hardly played
Ford - Burns
Freuan - hardly played
London welsh guys and injury dispensations - hardly played

Auterac, Thomas, Walker should all be like new signings and to a lesser degree Dunn, Lahiff, Priestland who all missed decent chunks. Ellis is obviously a blow to counter.

The difference here is the squad on paper and the team that we can put out, the latter should (hopefully unless the injuries strike again) be better, even with the new guys not yet signed.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

09 July, 2017 13:51
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
shipwrecked

Maybe not relegation, but with the team being weaker I can see us scrabbling around in the bottom third.

Genuinely cannot see why the team is weaker, please explain, unless you consider the loss of GF is terminal? Don't forget there are still announcements to be made.

TB will be looking to generate team performances

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

09 July, 2017 14:45
Quote:
shipwrecked
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
shipwrecked

Sorry, but I don't see relegation as even a
remote possibility.

Genuinely cannot see why the team is weaker, please explain, unless you consider the loss of GF is terminal? Don't forget there are still announcements to be made.

TB will be looking to generate team performances

It's July and we haven't made any significant signings. I personally believe the loss of the sulker is massive for our trophy winning potential. Losing your best player also doesn't send out a good message to possible signings.

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

09 July, 2017 17:12
George was a long way short of our best player last season and was replaced by a player who was one of Tiggers' best players last season

I really can't think it will have one iota of significance in the head of a potential recruit

MESSAGES->author
TCM2007 (IP Logged)

09 July, 2017 18:01
Burns and Underhill coming in, and a front row back after missing most of last season. I don't see us as being weaker.

Stuart

Former ed.

BBWBaaBaa
BBWBaaBaa (IP Logged)

09 July, 2017 18:40
Quick question - does Outside Bath ever post anything even remotely optimistic?
And I'm usually "glass half empty! smiling smiley

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

09 July, 2017 18:59
Quote:
BBWBaaBaa
Quick question - does Outside Bath ever post anything even remotely optimistic?
And I'm usually "glass half empty! smiling smiley

I promise to if we win a trophy... (Sm128)

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

09 July, 2017 20:01
Hum, being optimistic is about expression of positivity of our chances of winning a trophy, not celebrating the fact when it happens

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

09 July, 2017 20:24
Toddy's pre-season.

Toddy's plan.

That's what will make the difference.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

09 July, 2017 21:57
But why such a delay in making signings?

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

10 July, 2017 08:06
Quote:
Bath Hammer

You mean announcing signings...

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

10 July, 2017 09:45
Quote:
Bath Hammer

Maybe the players we need aren't available.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

10 July, 2017 12:50
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
Bath Hammer

It's almost the same thing as they can't join us until it has been announced. If the type of players we want aren't available it is of course unavoidable in which case we will end up in signing players we don't need e.g Halfpenny or not fully utilising the salary cap. We then have to hope that none of our first choice centres become unavailable.

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

10 July, 2017 13:27
Quote:
Bath Hammer
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
Bath Hammer

It's almost the same thing as they can't join us until it has been announced. If the type of players we want aren't available it is of course unavoidable in which case we will end up in signing players we don't need e.g Halfpenny or not fully utilising the salary cap. We then have to hope that none of our first choice centres become unavailable.

They can't physically join us but they may have contractually joined us (i.e. committed to the club) from whatever date. The signings could have been 'made' months ago - after all Todd mentioned when he first joined nearly a year ago that he was after certain positions / squad make-up. He would be insane to come out in the press saying that he was after 6 or 7 and then deliver little or nothing, I would bet my last Rolo he already had some sort of (pre)agreement signed at least.

Ellistown Tiger
Ellistown Tiger (IP Logged)

11 July, 2017 20:32
Bit of good news for round 1.

[m.leicestermercury.co.uk]

See y'all on 03/09

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

11 July, 2017 20:50
Could it be good to play Saracens early in the season when they are likely to be resting their Lions?

bathstigg
bathstigg (IP Logged)

11 July, 2017 22:39
Let's hope we are not resting our lions. A top 12 and tight head prop is what's missing. I think with Khan a supreme scrum half could wait one more season but if Genia was available from Stade it might be worth it.

Rugby_travel
Rugby_travel (IP Logged)

14 July, 2017 10:55
Hope you don't mind me posting on here but I was just wondering if anyone who is involved in a local rugby club might be interested in going on a weekend tour to watch Bath play away and play a local rugby club on the other day.
If you are interested the link below has some more information smiling smiley

Follow your team on tour

Bath Supporter Jack

14 July, 2017 11:16
We've got to beat them sometime and the first three weeks is as good a time as any!

Bath to be in the Top 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net