rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

Well done Beechen Cliff School
19 July, 2017 11:34
2 players in England U18 squad to tour South Africa - great achievement for the school after just 2 seasons in AASE league. Can't help thinking that Bath Rugby is getting some things right in its work to develop talent locally.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

Re: Well done Beechen Cliff School
19 July, 2017 12:51
Cadan Murley (Harlequins, Bishop Wordsworth's School)

have we lost Bishop Wordsworth's Salisbury as a Bath feeder?

Richer Dill, Egerton, Olsen, Heathcote etc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/07/2017 18:52 by Boldangrey.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

19 July, 2017 13:12
Noticed that the Millfield player is attached to Bristol. I wonder if Millfield have cultivated links with them since Bath gravitated towards Beecehen?

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

19 July, 2017 16:40
Doesn't it depend on home address as to which Academy they can be signed up to?

MESSAGES->author
Garbageman (IP Logged)

19 July, 2017 16:53
Russell Earnshaw (u18 coach), ex Bath, Tom deGlanville, any relation?

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

19 July, 2017 19:15
Son.

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

HamishMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

20 July, 2017 10:41
Quote:
Boldangrey

I suspect that with both the Bishop Wordsworth chap and the Millfield they are boarders whose home addresses are elsewhere and in catchment for another club!

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

20 July, 2017 12:59
Quote:
Big Dog
Quote:
Boldangrey

I suspect that with both the Bishop Wordsworth chap and the Millfield they are boarders whose home addresses are elsewhere and in catchment for another club!

Bishop Wordsworth's is a day school and the Murley family are stalwarts of the club. I probably played with Cadan's uncle or great uncle(!).

HamishMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

20 July, 2017 15:43
Quote:
Boldangrey
Quote:
Big Dog
Quote:
Boldangrey

Bishop Wordsworth's is a day school and the Murley family are stalwarts of the club. I probably played with Cadan's uncle or great uncle(!).

Is he 18 and going to uni in London then perhaps I wonder? Strange to go Quins from Salisbury otherwise!!

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

20 July, 2017 18:32
Richer Dill (the other one) went from Bishop Wordsworth's to Saracens!

ChippenhamRoman
ChippenhamRoman (IP Logged)

21 July, 2017 16:00
Is it not talking?

Beech has turned into a proper pimped up feeder school with strong Academy links to Bath.

No way I'd have gotten my rugby colours in this modern age.

J

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

22 July, 2017 16:45
I thought it was who spotted them first and made a friendly impression on a 'youngster' (sorry chaps) and his parents, and nabbed 'em.
At least it was thus when DG was in charge of scouting and Chris Lilley before him.

Things have changed tho - the culture of a professional club can affect their choice. No names no pack drill.

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

purplerugby23
purplerugby23 (IP Logged)

22 July, 2017 18:25
Players can get into academy's under different circumstances. (Here is just a few examples)
if they play in academy's catchment area
if they live in catchment area
if they go to a school catchment area.

In terms of millfield, they will probably offer scholarships to academy players at different clubs to make their team stronger. (Sedbergh also do this) i'd imagine a certain chris robshaw probably received a scholarship or discount so that he stayed instead of moving closer to quins

Players can only move academy's (at junior level) if both clubs agree and if it would be benefical to the player. as in they might only have to travel 45 minutes to training instead of 2 hours.( i think, i'm not entirely sure on this area, as i'm not in academy

Millfield will have links to all the clubs that have players at millfield,as they will constantly want updates if the player is unable to travel to training every week. Beechen is different to millfield because it's a AASE programm designed to counter re-act players moving to a school with a schloarship that would take away the player from the club. AASE teams seem to work closer with academies because that's what there designed for.(disclamier i have no idea how far away millfield is away from bath or bristol as i'm a northener to you people)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net