rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

john fox
johnnyf (IP Logged)

Gabriel Oghre
20 July, 2017 17:15
Having just read Mike the Taxi's Chronicle round up, I was quite amazed to see that this chap has been "snapped up" by Wasps.
He is obviously a quality prospect for the future and leaves us bereft of a hooker below the 1st Team Squad.

Surely this is exactly where we need to galvanise the culture of club commitment and the psychology of a togetherness that is the subject of the current TB thinking.
So why is he not commited?

dcsh
dcsh (IP Logged)

Re: Gabriel Oghre
20 July, 2017 17:25
We have 4 hookers in the first team squad with ages fairly equally spaced between about 21 and 30, so maybe the opportunity for a 19 year old to break into the first team are limited, barring a repeat of last seasons injuries!

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

20 July, 2017 17:26
Not sure but I misread his name and got quite excited about the thought of a front row forward with the name Gabriel Ogre.

In answer to your question it's a bit irrelevant nowadays if you can hook, but if you can throw straight you have a bright future! He does seem to be a prospect though, I guess we can't keep everyone.

benjbath
benjbath (IP Logged)

20 July, 2017 17:37
I'm guessing jack walker is our next young hooker after Dunn (who himself is only now taking the reins from a still very talented and eminently useful Ross Batty)...
We can't keep everyone, so belittling my positive post on cultivating a team philosophy because a bloke who, if it wasn't for the media coverage of him leaving, I doubt you'd even have heard of, strikes me as clutching at straws somewhat... good on him taking the initiative and seeking game time!

MESSAGES->author
FourSticks (IP Logged)

20 July, 2017 18:12
Reciprocal, possibly, considering we ‘snapped up’ Beno Obano from the Wasps academy a couple of seasons ago. Time will tell who got the better snap.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

20 July, 2017 22:04
'Leaves us bereft of a hooker below the first team squad''.

'Bereft' is a little bit memodramatic. There are 4 backs and 7 forwards in the senior academy total. If my maths is correct, hooker isn't the only position in which we are 'bereft'.

MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

21 July, 2017 08:50
He's been offered a 'senior' academy contract? Didn't know there were different levels of academy.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

21 July, 2017 10:37
The junior academy is basically school age grade rugby I think, through Beechen etc? They then sign a contract to join the senior academy as partington etc did this year. That's what my son at Beechen told me anyway!

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

21 July, 2017 11:40
On the list of the squad I have only put the senior academy personnel. For instance Tom de Glanville who went to SA with the England U18s is not yet in the senior academy yet Bath Rugby claim him as one of their own!

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

21 July, 2017 11:47
TDG plays for Bath U18s I think after the AASE season ends in December?

purplerugby23
purplerugby23 (IP Logged)

22 July, 2017 18:11
JDS is under 16
junior academy is u18, so before Christmas they will either play AASE Rugby or Private schools match.
Then obviously after christmas is when they play academy league. TDG is a u17 so wouldn't be classed as a senior academy member yet and besides he might have not recieved a contract offer yet as he still has another year left. Senior Academy is 18+

There is several different sub groups in JA. (A example of u18 teamsheet should be below the description
PDG- Player development group
EPDG- Elite player development group
EAP- Elite academy player the best of that group who also get put forward for england training camps (which TDG must be)

https://www.facebook.com/YorkshireCarnegie/photos/a.703687829689638.1073741837.130522467006180/1305277736197308/?type=3&theater

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

22 July, 2017 19:06
Cheers for clarifying purplerugby23, interesting stuff I wasn't aware of all the sub-groups.

purplerugby23
purplerugby23 (IP Logged)

22 July, 2017 19:34
No worries, Matt i'm glad it helped

i'm only knowledgeable on this subject due to being in an other AASE Programme and having coaches/other players who have talked about this subject.

wlatavg006
wlatavg006 (IP Logged)

23 July, 2017 09:39
Good luck Gabriel, up the Arsenal !!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

23 July, 2017 21:42
Ah, I see that the various sub-grades were on the offy all along.

[www.bathrugby.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net