rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

MESSAGES->author
Rampant (IP Logged)

New Season's Kits
28 July, 2017 14:19
New season's kits

http://d2cx26qpfwuhvu.cloudfront.net/munster/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/17090922/Home_Story_grey.jpg

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 28/07/2017 14:33 by Rampant.

MESSAGES->author
Rampant (IP Logged)

Re: New Kits for this season
28 July, 2017 14:22
http://www.saracens.com/Media/Default/Blog/betsafe%20banner.jpg

https://darkroom.leicestertigers.com/980/fa6afd2156ca912c4dfa58ab67e788c2:ac7fd9dde33780447fc91fdf186293a8/bothkits-lr.jpg

http://www.scottishrugby.org/sites/default/files/editor/images/reveal-no-text-logo.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFwTixZXYAAXsZa.jpg:large

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 28/07/2017 14:39 by Rampant.

MESSAGES->author
JimDaff (IP Logged)

Re: New Season's Kits
28 July, 2017 15:44
Really don't like that Tigers home shirt!

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

28 July, 2017 20:51
That Saints away shirt is an all-time terror.

MESSAGES->author
Garbageman (IP Logged)

29 July, 2017 00:38
Quote:
hasta
That Saints away shirt is an all-time terror.

+1, ToolStation says all you need to know. Also that BT branding, subtle it ain't

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

29 July, 2017 08:13
If horror show rugby shirts were an olympic sport then Saints would have a bag of gold medals and who the hell wants to run around with Tool Station emblazoned on chest?

bathsupporter
bathsupporter (IP Logged)

29 July, 2017 16:33
Three of the worst shirts I've ever seen... Can we do any better?

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

29 July, 2017 17:21
Can we do any worse? It feels to me like they had three or so really horrid options, but none quite did it's so they picked the worst features from all of them.

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

29 July, 2017 19:01
Where is Connor Murray's left hand?!

MESSAGES->author
Rampant (IP Logged)

31 July, 2017 10:03
Saints - I guess the sponsor didn't want the Saints captain in the PR to out-tool them...

Munster - Least this Murray and Zebo threesome isn't as scandalous as the last one.. (Sm163)

HamishMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

31 July, 2017 10:56
Leicester have not exactly got their big names showing off the kit bar Youngs have they! Is that McGuigan and Tom Brady - haven't a clue who the third guy is though?!

That Saints kit is awful. I hope we don't produce something of similar distaste.

Tiger in the Bath
Tiger in the Bath (IP Logged)

31 July, 2017 16:41
Quote:
Big Dog
Leicester have not exactly got their big names showing off the kit bar Youngs have they! Is that McGuigan and Tom Brady - haven't a clue who the third guy is though?!

The fourth guy is Jonah Holmes. Late developing very quick winger signed from Yorkshire Carnegie along with Joe Ford.

His uncle, Andy Holmes, was a double olympic gold medallist rower - in case that's interesting. Or even if it isn't ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/07/2017 16:46 by Tiger in the Bath.

MESSAGES->author
Rampant (IP Logged)

07 August, 2017 16:49
England's new shirts with dye sleeves..

https://www.canterbury.com/images/england-vpodri-home-test-mens-jersey-p26509-23722_image.jpg

MESSAGES->author
Rawce (IP Logged)

08 August, 2017 12:03
Ambivalent. I'm wondering if it'd look better with red instead of blue?

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

08 August, 2017 12:06
I imagine you're right Rawce. Have a look at the shoulder structure - we're likely to get something similar in a week...

MESSAGES->author
Robbinho (IP Logged)

08 August, 2017 12:24
Leinster's new shirt - this does seem to be Canterbury's neckline this season.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGs-YWMVwAQTLpM.jpg

MESSAGES->author
Robbinho (IP Logged)

08 August, 2017 14:27
New SA kits

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGtcIyQUIAANfYM.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2017 14:27 by Robbinho.

sid the seagull
sid the seagull (IP Logged)

08 August, 2017 16:16
That looks a lot like Dave Grohl in front.
Whatever next ?

FLAP

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

08 August, 2017 20:00
One of those things is not like the others.

nh87
nh87 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2017 00:16
Possibly the wrong place to ask, but does anyone know where I can get hold of an infant's kit (4yrs old)? The club shop's website doesn't seem to have any, and neither does the Canterbury site. Do season ticket holders still get a discount (was it 10%?) at the club shop?

On topic - the sleeves on that new England shirt are horrid. Why blue? Surely red would have been the obvious colour?

Looking forward to seeing our new away kit. The grey grew on me last season, but I have a feeling we might end up with something brighter this year. Please nothing like the Saints shirt above though!

copester
copester (IP Logged)

09 August, 2017 08:08
So Lovell rugby are selling this seasons home shirt for 95 when directly under it last seasons for 45.
To me they look the same shirt apart from Dyson graphics.
Have i missed something?

MESSAGES->author
Robbinho (IP Logged)

09 August, 2017 09:20
That's basically the difference - sponsors logo has changed, and think the Grant one from last season is no longer on the lower back.

MESSAGES->author
Rampant (IP Logged)

09 August, 2017 09:30
Those South Africa "alternative" shirts are dreadful!

Why didn't they just make one kit bringing in all the colours of the flag or Nation rather than create 3? Clueless.

Bit like Australia or the NRL have done?

https://rugbyshirtwatch.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/deczo61xkaasrdz.jpg?w=723

http://wa1.www.parraeels.com.au/content/dam/eels/news/2017/Round10/Indigenous%2CRound%2017050818.jpg

MESSAGES->author
Rampant (IP Logged)

09 August, 2017 10:24
Edinburgh's new kit. Nice and traditional ready for Cockers first season

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGx0zUnXgAAXXa3.jpg:large

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

09 August, 2017 10:35
Seems short on unnecessary chainmail detail...

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

09 August, 2017 10:56
Quote:
copester
So Lovell rugby are selling this seasons home shirt for 95 when directly under it last seasons for 45.
To me they look the same shirt apart from Dyson graphics.
Have i missed something?

95 seem excessive, certainly wouldn't spend that much on a replica shirt.

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

MESSAGES->author
Robbinho (IP Logged)

09 August, 2017 10:58
As with all Canterbury kits, there are three options of shirts - the 95 is the 'test' shirt which is absolutely identical to the ones the players wear. The mid price 'pro' ones are synthetic material, and looser than the test ones, then there is the 'classic' which is looser again, cotton mix and usually has a more traditional collar.

MESSAGES->author
Rampant (IP Logged)

11 August, 2017 17:40
Macron easily leading the way this season! (Sm152)

http://www.glasgowwarriors.org/sites/default/files/editor/images/reveal-no-text_media.jpg

Tiger in the Bath
Tiger in the Bath (IP Logged)

11 August, 2017 18:33
Those Glasgow shirts look great without sponsors logos all over them. Can't help their bank balance though

MESSAGES->author
Rampant (IP Logged)

12 August, 2017 08:17
Glasgow's new main sponsor is due to be announced in a couple of weeks.

The supporter shirts are being sold without it plastered all over, which I definitely approve of

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

12 August, 2017 08:40
Very nice Glasgow kits in a year of not great ones.

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

12 August, 2017 09:25
Novel way to cover up sweaty armpit

MESSAGES->author
JimDaff (IP Logged)

12 August, 2017 13:15
Keen on the new Ospreys away shirt, tidy without loads of sponsors plastered all over.

http://www.newrugbykits.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/New-Ospreys-Canterbury-Jersey-2018.jpg

MESSAGES->author
Boy (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 07:24
https://www.bathrugbyshop.com/media/ibanner/cache/1/0dc2d03fe217f8c83829496872af24a0/r/e/replicashopibanner_combo.jpg

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 07:38
Oh those are very nice.

nh87
nh87 (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 08:16
That white shirt is lovely. Very classy indeed.

HamishMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 08:21
ooooooooohhh me likey the away shirt A LOT! Not very useful for those of us who want to buy one and wear it immediately at training ourselves.. won't remain that white very long!!

MESSAGES->author
Rampant (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 08:43
Not a fan of the gold trim on the black shirt nor the centre badge, but Ive seen much worse

TG Kesmo
TG Kesmo (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 09:04
If it means goodbye to the grey then I'm all for it. The grey was a nightmare against some backgrounds couldn't see it at all.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 09:23
Away kit white short comes with blue shorts which is very nice.

john fox
johnnyf (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 09:25
Class will out every time.

MESSAGES->author
Rawce (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 10:40
Away is looking great. I'm not too sold on the Euro shirt yet, but last years' grey grew on me, so maybe it'll also look better in person. Plus, a Saints like disaster avoided, phew!

HamishMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 13:05
Black kit could have had blue or white trim instead of Gold I agree with someone above - not sure our performances the last 2 seasons allow us to wear gold anything and I'm one of the optimistic ones!!

I want to see the sock colours too for each kit. The socks do help make the overall appearance even though some players (JJ) refuse to wear them pulled up as intended!!

Presumably the home shirt will have the usual BBW striped colour socks (the only change they have made to these over recent years is it was a white panel at the top but is now black)
The Away white shirt and blue shorts may have white socks with a blue band at the top? That would be smart and in theme with rest of the kit.
Euro Black shirt with all black everything continued into the socks being all black too?

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 13:41
Quote:
Big Dog

Euro Black shirt with all black everything continued into the socks being all black too?

Terrible idea - you would never be able to see it. A team in an all black strip would never do well on the field... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

ChippenhamRoman
ChippenhamRoman (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 13:57
Is it just the footie shirt style for the Away and European shirt? Can only see pro

I'm a traditionalist and much prefer my rugby shirts to look like rugby shirts.

Edit, just seen Lovell have the classic Away top long sleeved. Five pound cheaper as well.

[www.lovell-rugby.co.uk]

HamishMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 14:05
Quote:
ChippenhamRoman
Is it just the footie shirt style for the Away and European shirt? Can only see pro
I'm a traditionalist and much prefer my rugby shirts to look like rugby shirts.

Oh you bluff old traditionalist you winking smiley

I have to say I used to like the collars but have recently quite enjoyed the rugby shirts without.
My latest preference would have to be like the Lions shirt was this summer with the hint of a collar but a small one that is not grabable enough for you to be hooked back from behind by an opposition player and does not rub on your neck like the bigger old cotton ones would once you've been mashed into a puddle a couple of times!

I blame my mother for how she used to wash it of course! (Sm100)

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 14:24
Subtle change in pattern there!?
My existing shirts have (from the top) blue, white and black stripes, whereas these have it in blue, black and white order!thumbs down

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 14:31
Yes, there'll be three classes - test (genuine player tightness), pro (player style but looser) and supporter (cotton, with collar)

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 14:42
Quote:
Mike the Taxi
My existing shirts have (from the top) blue, white and black stripes, whereas these have it in blue, black and white order!thumbs down

I thought that this was a joke until I just checked my old shirt and true enough! The blue is above the white and the black below on mine (i.e. same as the Bath flag) - the new shirt is upside down?

MESSAGES->author
Robbinho (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 15:00
Quote:
hasta
Yes, there'll be three classes - test (genuine player tightness), pro (player style but looser) and supporter (cotton, with collar)

That's the case with the home shirts, but it looks like Euro shirt is Pro only, and Away is Pro and Long Sleeve cotton.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 15:33
For now...

HamishMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 16:36
Not sure a white test fit shirt would be too flattering for some people winking smiley

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 16:47
Quote:
Big Dog
Not sure a white test fit shirt would be too flattering for some people winking smiley

Is it me or does Roko have a couple of spare pounds around the belly?

MendipBath
MendipBath (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 16:51
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
Mike the Taxi

I thought that this was a joke until I just checked my old shirt and true enough! The blue is above the white and the black below on mine (i.e. same as the Bath flag) - the new shirt is upside down?

Bath's traditional hooped pattern was Blue, White, and Black hoops from the top down.

This was the way official shirts and replicas were designed (including Stuart Anderton's unofficial old-style shirts from over 10 years ago) until last season's home shirt which changed to Blue, Black and White. This is repeated in this season's identical version, with only the sponsors' logo having changed.

Some years ago former Club President Peter Hall - father of John - told me that the usual references to Bath as 'the BBW' were incorrect, as they were actually 'the BWB'. As a result I began referring to them in my Chronicle Fan's View column as 'the BWB', even though everyone else called Bath 'the BBW'.

Now it seems that the shirt design has changed to reflect the widely-used but technically incorrect nickname. Intentional or coincidental ? My money's on the latter !

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 17:40
Those shirts look very classy, especially when compared to some others.

Well done Bath and I particularly like the away one as well!

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 17:59
The subtle change has come about because Bruce has an Estonian Grandma!

MESSAGES->author
Boy (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 18:57
Quote:
MendipBath
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
Mike the Taxi

Bath's traditional hooped pattern was Blue, White, and Black hoops from the top down.

This was the way official shirts and replicas were designed (including Stuart Anderton's unofficial old-style shirts from over 10 years ago) until last season's home shirt which changed to Blue, Black and White. This is repeated in this season's identical version, with only the sponsors' logo having changed.

Some years ago former Club President Peter Hall - father of John - told me that the usual references to Bath as 'the BBW' were incorrect, as they were actually 'the BWB'. As a result I began referring to them in my Chronicle Fan's View column as 'the BWB', even though everyone else called Bath 'the BBW'.

Now it seems that the shirt design has changed to reflect the widely-used but technically incorrect nickname. Intentional or coincidental ? My money's on the latter !

They have done blue, black, white before last season.

http://classic-shirts.com/eng_pl_BATH-RUGBY-PUMA-SHIRT-XL-16084_1.jpg

http://www.oldrugbyshirts.com/img/shirts/6/bath-rugby-home-shirt-2003-2004-s_252_1.jpg

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 19:32
Quick google of bath rugby shirt images shows that it is pretty random? I still find it odd that the order is different from the flag...

MESSAGES->author
joethefanatic (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 20:17
Really, really excellent designs. I'd be happy to wear any of them. Maybe the black one for my birthday...

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

HamishMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

16 August, 2017 11:10
Quote:
gaz59
Quote:
Big Dog

Is it me or does Roko have a couple of spare pounds around the belly?

I would love to think that is the case but I suspect it is more likely just where his obliques are so large they push the shirt out at the bottom of his torso... He barely has an ounce of fat on him and the rest of him looks as cut and sturdy as usual!

#ManCrushOnRoko

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

16 August, 2017 16:24
Much as I like the look of the white shirt, essentially it is just a walking advertisement for Dyson that happens to have the Bath Rugby badge on it

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

16 August, 2017 16:31
Sign of the times I'm afraid Gaz - hopefully he paid handsomely for it.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

16 August, 2017 17:00
Can you pay extra to have a shirt without a logo? I would happily do that.

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

16 August, 2017 17:13
Tippex SW?

MESSAGES->author
Bathbadger (IP Logged)

16 August, 2017 19:23
Quote:
shipwrecked
Can you pay extra to have a shirt without a logo? I would happily do that.

Just buy something from the Heritage range?

Cheers,

Rich

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

16 August, 2017 19:55
Quote:
BathMatt53

Well obviously I get that shirts like F1 cars are now all part of the advertising strategy for businesses but this is really just a white rugby shirt, a very cool looking one I accept but when all said and done, just a white rugby shirt with a Bath badge on it and a massive Dyson advert. Not a lot else

HamishMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

17 August, 2017 09:11
Quote:
gaz59
Quote:
BathMatt53

Well obviously I get that shirts like F1 cars are now all part of the advertising strategy for businesses but this is really just a white rugby shirt, a very cool looking one I accept but when all said and done, just a white rugby shirt with a Bath badge on it and a massive Dyson advert. Not a lot else

I don't really see how the Dyson sponsorship is any different to the Blackthorn and IPL sponsorships before it tbh - as seen on the photo's Boy shared.

The only difference is the extra tag line but realistically we have a better sponsor in Dyson than a lot of teams. It's certainly better than the Toolstation logo which is emblazoned across Saints shirts and is neater looking than the fat off 02 on the England shirt! From a marketing perspective it is in a sleek writing and the colour fits with the BBW colours!

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

17 August, 2017 11:03
Quote:
BathMatt53
Tippex SW?

It's an idea Matt but I can't find blue or black Tippex online!

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

17 August, 2017 15:02
Quote:
gaz59
Much as I like the look of the white shirt, essentially it is just a walking advertisement for Dyson that happens to have the Bath Rugby badge on it

I can't wear a shirt with a vacuum cleaner logo, still using my old "Blackthorn" issue and await a different sponsor before I buy another...

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

17 August, 2017 15:12
Think my last sponsored one had SWEB on it(Sm163)

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

17 August, 2017 15:49
Quote:
Mike the Taxi

I had one of those, the SWEB logo was in fuzzy felt which disintegrated over time. It shrank also or I got bigger; I'm sure it was the former...

Adopted players: 2017-18 T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

ken_jnr
ken_jnr (IP Logged)

17 August, 2017 16:12
I liked my old puma shirt with helphire plastered across the front. The logo was absolutely hideous but lasted exactly one trip through a tumble drier before it split and could be peeled off.

MESSAGES->author
joethefanatic (IP Logged)

17 August, 2017 20:16
Quote:
Clarkey3k
Quote:
Mike the Taxi

I had one of those, the SWEB logo was in fuzzy felt which disintegrated over time. It shrank also or I got bigger; I'm sure it was the former...

I still have mine and the SWEB logo is still there too. But mine's getting larger not smaller. Probably something to do with quantum.

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

MESSAGES->author
Rampant (IP Logged)

18 August, 2017 09:04
Bravo Glaws(Sm152)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHfzrkkXcAAvtin.jpg:large

MESSAGES->author
Rampant (IP Logged)

20 August, 2017 16:42
Canterbury did quite well with the Ospreys home shirt this year:

https://scontent.flhr4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20842127_10155621325814476_2911657908496893643_n.jpg?oh=34b90f08e2ba43d0fb502a6f22f5b7c7&oe=5A2FC406

MESSAGES->author
Rampant (IP Logged)

22 August, 2017 12:12
Bravo Wasps (Sm152)
Loving the throwback to their old badge

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DH0ZUhfXYAUuLqm.jpg:large

MESSAGES->author
Rawce (IP Logged)

22 August, 2017 12:18
Wasps making up for a few years of horrible shirts there. I'm surprised they've not stuck with yellow for the collar though. The double Land Rover logo still makes me laugh.

With Leinster also playing in Canterbury, are we defending our recent cup win this Friday?

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

22 August, 2017 13:46
That's the nicest thing Under Armour have done since... well... ever.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

22 August, 2017 17:54
Those Wasps jerseys are basically just an advertisement for Land Rover. As blank a canvas as you can get and two big logos.

MESSAGES->author
Rampant (IP Logged)

22 August, 2017 18:14
I assume the white collar is another throwback to their first kit 150yrs ago.

MESSAGES->author
Rampant (IP Logged)

01 September, 2017 11:47
Oh dear Glawster...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIoHpvUWsAAQhOa.jpg:large

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

01 September, 2017 15:17
Quote:
Rampant
Oh dear Glawster...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIoHpvUWsAAQhOa.jpg:large

Looks like the influence of the Forest Green Rovers owner is spreading, could he be a dark horse to buy the club? (Sm100)

Adopted players: 2017-18 T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net