rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

john fox
johnnyf (IP Logged)

Leicester playing swapsies again
02 August, 2017 18:00
This time it's Slater for May at Gloucester.
Not much happiness on the Tigers site.

MESSAGES->author
joethefanatic (IP Logged)

Re: Leicester playing swapsies again
02 August, 2017 18:31
Can anyone see MOC giving Jonny May the arm-around-the-shoulder support he needs? I fear for Jonny.

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

02 August, 2017 18:42
Their fans may not be happy now, but come the end of the season Tigers will no doubt be in the top 4 again.

Chris Cook - Adopted player 2016/17

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

02 August, 2017 18:51
Tigers have by a country mile the best out of that deal.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

02 August, 2017 18:52
Quote:
OutsideBath
Their fans may not be happy now, but come the end of the season Tigers will no doubt be in the top 4 again.

Yes - it has happened in each of the last few years. The fans moan & groan when they don't start too well but they almost always make the top 4 anyway. You would have thought that they were due for a slump but it has never really happened!

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

02 August, 2017 20:32
That's an interesting deal and I'm not entirely convinced it won't bite the Tigers

Ed Slater is one of those 120% effort/totem players

I don't see Tiggers significantly better than us and reckon it will be a 3 or 4 club battle for 4th spot

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

02 August, 2017 20:32
If you look at most of boards a large proportion of the fans are moaning to be fair.

incastrowetrust
Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)

02 August, 2017 21:11
Quote:
joethefanatic
Can anyone see MOC giving Jonny May the arm-around-the-shoulder support he needs? I fear for Jonny.

See wasn't BOD saying that at Leinster MOC was too nice?

Jonny Fantastic
Jonny Fantastic (IP Logged)

02 August, 2017 21:26
Least Jonny won't have to contend with butchered overlaps from Twelvetrees no more!

Ali1969
Ali1969 (IP Logged)

02 August, 2017 21:38
Personally I would take a player like Slater at a heartbeat. He is a Stuart Hooper kind of guy 150% he in my opinion is seriously under rated.

Tigers have got a genuine match winner in May I can only think he believes with their backslide and Ford pulling the strings he is going to bag a hatful of tries.

Like Freddie and GF only time will tell who has got the better out of the deal, I would not be surprised if it is Gloucester.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

03 August, 2017 04:14
Quote:
gaz59

I don't see Tiggers significantly better than us and reckon it will be a 3 or 4 club battle for 4th spot

I have been trying unsuccessfully to find out how many times we have finished above Leicester during the past 10 years. Does anyone know?

Rucking Carl
Rucking Carl (IP Logged)

03 August, 2017 07:09
Quote:
Bath Hammer

I have been trying unsuccessfully to find out how many times we have finished above Leicester during the past 10 years. Does anyone know?

Wikipedia has tables for each season and it is 14/15 and 07/08.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

03 August, 2017 08:23
Quote:
Rucking Carl
Quote:
Bath Hammer

That says a lot.

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

03 August, 2017 08:37
I think that Gaz meant this coming year rather than 10 years ago? The teams were very close last season after all although we were pipped.

No argument about the longer term record obviously.

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

03 August, 2017 09:27
Quote:
BathMatt53
I think that Gaz meant this coming year rather than 10 years ago? The teams were very close last season after all although we were pipped.
No argument about the longer term record obviously.

Exactly BathMatt, the record is evident but looking ahead, personally I don't see a significant difference in quality of squad - as ever small differences can have big impact by end of season but 4th spot for us is certainly within reasonable hope

Our luck with injuries could be the major factor

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

03 August, 2017 10:37
The sulker will no doubt make the difference in their favour.

Chris Cook - Adopted player 2016/17

Tiger in the Bath
Tiger in the Bath (IP Logged)

03 August, 2017 12:18
If the squads are similar in strength, the difference will come from leadership and preparation.

Rucking Carl
Rucking Carl (IP Logged)

03 August, 2017 12:42
Quote:
Bath Hammer
Quote:
Rucking Carl
Quote:
Bath Hammer

That says a lot.

And in 07/08 we lost our play-off semi at Wasps while Tigers won at Gloucester, although our victory over them in 14/15 did see them stop at 10 consecutive years at Twickenham and they've not achieved it since.

incastrowetrust
Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)

03 August, 2017 12:44
Quote:
Rucking Carl
Quote:
Bath Hammer
Quote:
Rucking Carl
Quote:
Bath Hammer

That says a lot.

And in 07/08 we lost our play-off semi at Wasps while Tigers won at Gloucester, although our victory over them in 14/15 did see them stop at 10 consecutive years at Twickenham and they've not achieved it since.

Could be wrong but the 13/14 defeat at Franklins gardens ended that run not you lot.

burtontiger
Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)

03 August, 2017 12:52
Correct AW. Although the 14/15 defeat was a shuddering blow!

Rucking Carl
Rucking Carl (IP Logged)

03 August, 2017 16:39
Quote:
Ayerza wannabe
Quote:
Rucking Carl
Quote:
Bath Hammer
Quote:
Rucking Carl
Quote:
Bath Hammer

That says a lot.

Could be wrong but the 13/14 defeat at Franklins gardens ended that run not you lot.
I'll give you that one.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Bath Poll

Where do you think we'll finish this season?

See results > Submit >>