rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Comeonmylovers.co.uk
Comeonmylovers.co.uk (IP Logged)

Hope and Glory?
23 August, 2017 13:15
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2017 11:22 by CoochieCoo.

MESSAGES->author
joethefanatic (IP Logged)

Re: Hope and Glory?
23 August, 2017 21:38
I'd settle for intelligent rugby. More often than not that will win you games but, most importantly, it allows you to see when things are going wrong and fix them on the fly. When we can do that, we'll start winning competitions.

Until then, "faith, hope and charity, these three; but the greatest of these is hope". The writer of 1 Corinthians was clearly not a sports fan.

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

23 August, 2017 22:11
I think we're going to see the 2-4-2 in substantial evidence this season. We were building to it second half last season. It'll be interesting to see how our backline play develops as well. I get the impression that Darren Edwards can create some quite neat moves. For all George Ford's talents (and they were very, very many) we tended to have to flow everything through him - I'm hopeful to see us develop more pattern to our attack.

If we can blend the 2-4-2 with a team backline attack pattern and commit to a focus on improving mechanics (particularly at 9) then I think we could see something exciting emerge.

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

24 August, 2017 07:18
Quote:
joethefanatic
I'd settle for intelligent rugby. More often than not that will win you games but, most importantly, it allows you to see when things are going wrong and fix them on the fly. When we can do that, we'll start winning competitions.
Until then, "faith, hope and charity, these three; but the greatest of these is hope". The writer of 1 Corinthians was clearly not a sports fan.

Quite Joe

His preference was charity - and we showed too much to our opponents too often last year!

PG

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

24 August, 2017 10:52
Great article, thank you

And Clockwise, though flawed in places (not unlike the lead actor) is a really good film

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net