rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

The Big Conversation

David Flatman
06 October, 2017 13:26
Check out our chat with David Flatman:

[www.youtube.com]

Flats talks in depth about his career and a possible 'Love Island' appearance

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

Re: David Flatman
06 October, 2017 15:25
Flats in front of a camera, who'd have thought. It's been a grand total of 11 minutes since the last time.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

06 October, 2017 16:07
Unnecessary

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

06 October, 2017 16:33
Quote:
hasta
Unnecessary

+1

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

06 October, 2017 17:40
Quote:
hasta
Unnecessary

It would be if he weren't so up his own ****

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

06 October, 2017 18:15
Good bloke.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

06 October, 2017 19:14
Really nice, friendly, open, self deprecating individual who always looks for the funny side of life. If you have actually spoken to him (I have had that privalidge since his latter playing days), I am sure people would agree he is a real nice guy. I cannot for the life of me see whats not to like in him.

Looking forward to chatting to him again soon.

Never In Doubt
Never In Doubt (IP Logged)

06 October, 2017 19:24
Two non stories here:

a) Decent guy David Flatman previously known for being a highly successful international sportsman continues to work to build his new career in the media

b) Angry non-entity ballsout previously known for picking puerile fights with the Tigers Board belittles individuals who have done him no ill.

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

06 October, 2017 19:36
Quote:
ballsout
It would be if he weren't so up his own ****
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=182

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anythinghttp://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

Long Term
Long Term (IP Logged)

06 October, 2017 20:33
Flatman commited to Bath as a player and a career in rugby commentating, Ballsout commited to aggressive self serving posts!

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

06 October, 2017 22:07
Flats legend, Ballsout bellend!

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Kidney Stone
Kidney Stone (IP Logged)

06 October, 2017 22:26
Quote:
CoochieCoo
Flats legend, Ballsout bellend!

Chuckleworthy

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

07 October, 2017 00:52
CoochieCoo, irrelevant little @#$%&

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

07 October, 2017 06:19
BO entitled to your opinion on Flats of course but it seems that you are in the minority. The ayeís to the right have it...heís a good bloke.

MESSAGES->author
Widcombe Boy (IP Logged)

07 October, 2017 11:59
Aye!
Ballsout are you a popular fella in real life?

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

07 October, 2017 12:42
As CC might have said
"Nurse, nurse - give him some more pills!

Although not sure why we need to have yet another unnecessary thread promoting The Big Conversation's activities! Flats is v successful at doing this on his own!

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

sirtidychris
sirtidychris (IP Logged)

07 October, 2017 15:02
My Aye is certainly to the right, top bloke.

sid the seagull
sid the seagull (IP Logged)

07 October, 2017 19:07
Is BO the new Bri/Malco/Bod?
Discuss.

HOP

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

07 October, 2017 20:04
I never said he wasn't a good bloke. I said he was up his own ar5e, which he is. Following him on twitter for a couple of days would be enough to see that.

MESSAGES->author
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

07 October, 2017 20:13
Quote:
ballsout
I never said he wasn't a good bloke. I said he was up his own ar5e, which he is. Following him on twitter for a couple of days would be enough to see that.

The issue is that you think that he is up his own backside but all of the rest of the people who have contributed donít think he is. You saying Ďhe isí doesnít make it so. If you keep repeating it, itís still doesnít make it so.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

07 October, 2017 21:42
You are, of course, entitled to your opinion on the location of Flats' head vis-a-vis his ar5e. Whether sharing that is in anyway necessary or valuable is another thing.

sid the seagull
sid the seagull (IP Logged)

07 October, 2017 21:48
In fairness to Ballsout though we don't actually know whether or not he has an ar5e.
Ballsout that is.

HOP

john fox
johnnyf (IP Logged)

08 October, 2017 11:04
Now look you guys - just to get this thread back on an even keel.

I too grew up in Maidstone, went to Maidstone Grammar School and played for Maidstone RFC.
My aspirations to play top level rugby were purely a dream and in those days Bath was only somewhere that more affluent kids went on holiday if they were lucky.
And yes Maidstone is now only somewhere that you by-pass on your way to the channel tunnel and holidays sur-le-continent.
So I can empathise with what Flats is saying.
We are all living the dream in the candy-floss world that is Bath - so enjoy it.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

08 October, 2017 13:12
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
ballsout

The issue is that you think that he is up his own backside but all of the rest of the people who have contributed donít think he is. You saying Ďhe isí doesnít make it so. If you keep repeating it, itís still doesnít make it so.

Just as others saying he isn't doesn't make it so either. Opinions, what message boards are for,
As hasta suggests.

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

08 October, 2017 13:32
As someone more famous than me once said "opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone's got one".

BBWBaaBaa
BBWBaaBaa (IP Logged)

08 October, 2017 13:37
It's not always the opinion, but often the way it is expressed...........

The Big Conversation

08 October, 2017 19:18
Quote:
annie blackthorn
As CC might have said
"Nurse, nurse - give him some more pills!

Although not sure why we need to have yet another unnecessary thread promoting The Big Conversation's activities! Flats is v successful at doing this on his own!

Annie, we are not sure why you feel that this link is unnecessary. Any Bath fan would understand why this is relevant to this thread. Also this is by no means a promotional piece on Dave Flatman's behalf.

Thank you for your interest and we hope you enjoy our future interviews.

Dave Berko
Dave Berko (IP Logged)

08 October, 2017 20:08
Quote:
ballsout

Had briefest of chats with him after Sarries game today. If he is 'up his own ar5e' - he didn't take it to Allianz today!

Great servant for both our clubs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2017 20:09 by Dave Berko.

MESSAGES->author
joethefanatic (IP Logged)

09 October, 2017 04:48
I have never met Flats nor have I ever communicated with him via any medium, written or oral. I have no useful opinion on the matter under discussion.

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2017 04:50 by joethefanatic.

ken_jnr
ken_jnr (IP Logged)

09 October, 2017 07:05
Quote:
joethefanatic
I have never met Flats nor have I ever communicated with him via any medium, written or oral. I have no useful opinion on the matter under discussion.

Right, fine. We get it. You are equally qualified as everyone else on Ďere to pass judgement.

Not sure why you feel the need to brag about it...

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

09 October, 2017 09:01
I once watched a Flats and Shanks podcast where Will Carling was mowing a lawn and/or cleaning windows whilst they chatted; I won't listen/watch again. I do think Flats needs to be careful he doesn't become a parody of himself with his C5 punditry, he occasionally tries to hard to be smart. I watched him MC a fund raising quiz night a few years ago where he was quick witted and funny...

Adopted players: 2017-18 T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

MESSAGES->author
plong (IP Logged)

09 October, 2017 15:00
I really enjoy listening to Flats, whether it be TV or podcast.

He brings a jovial feeling to rugby discussions (& stays pretty much on topic!), unlike some on this forum...

Adopted Players
2017-18: Sam Underhill
2016-17: Will Homer

Saturnine
Cowshed Denizen (IP Logged)

09 October, 2017 15:14
Quote:
ballsout

You haven't followed him on Twitter for ages.

Not since he blocked you after he saw you trolling Petrus du Plessis, anyway.

That's the reason you've got the hump with Flatman, admit it.

tigerburnie
tigerburnie (IP Logged)

09 October, 2017 18:33
Is it half term down there again? Stroppy school boy having a go at one of Barfs better players of the pro era, respect to a man who wore the shirts with pride.

Rolfs_Cartoon_Club
@Hydor18 (IP Logged)

09 October, 2017 23:09
Flatman is a dreadful human being. Iíve heard he wears shoes made from ginger people and sprinkles all his food with powdered rhino horn, and that he also donated over $200 to Donald Trumpís presidential campaign.

alibev
alibev (IP Logged)

10 October, 2017 08:10
It was $300, and it was printed with the blood of ickle baby rabbits

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net