rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

ken_jnr
ken_jnr (IP Logged)

Flouw Not Gouging
15 October, 2017 11:17
[twitter.com]

Not sure I can see any gouging but pretty conclusively “contact with the face.”

Edit: Just seen this covered in the match thread.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 20/10/2017 10:24 by ken_jnr.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

Re: Flouw Gouging
15 October, 2017 22:01
Oh dear. Another probable ban coming our way. Very stupid of a normally very intelligent and great thinking player. How long is that going to be, 4/6 weeks?

Its partly because our forwards are poor at clearing out opposition players and ensure our players are altogether and going forward.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 05:00
A lot longer than that if it’s eye contact BoB.

This was nothing at all to do with clearing out etc. It appears to be two players who have had a beef with each other for some of the game and it boiled over. But then you didn’t watch it so wouldn’t know that?

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 07:00
I saw the clip on BT yesterday. As a neutral, I'd expect him to cop a good few weeks.
Sinckler got 7 for what was deemed deliberate contact with the eye (not accidental, not the "eye area"), but he also pleased guilty.

So you've got 3 factors - the plea, whether it's deemed to be contact with the eye or the area around it, and whether or not the panel decide it's deliberate.
A not guilty plea and deliberate contact with the eye and you might not see him until February. A guilty plea and accidental contact to the eye area and you might have him back before December.

There ain't no Sanity Clause

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 07:12
10.4(m) Contact with Eye(s)
LE – 12 weeks
MR – 18 weeks
TE – 24+ weeks

10.4(m) Contact with the Eye Area
LE – 4 weeks
MR – 8 weeks
TE – 12+ weeks

He'll be missing for quite a while as he has been charged with this before I believe. Only consolation is some of the period covers the AI's where he probably would have been missing anyway.

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

john fox
johnnyf (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 07:15
Very irresponsible and dangerous speculation.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 08:00
Quote:
johnnyf
Very irresponsible and dangerous speculation.

Regulation 19 of the Prem rules presumably don't apply (timescales for reporting and citing) in the Euro cup? If it were a prem game he would have been reported and cited by now I think but not sure what the timescale is for the EPCR.

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 08:09
The TV pictures didn't show any complaint from the Treviso players at the time though after the ruck the ball ended up on the other side of the pitch along with the coverage.

TG Kesmo
TG Kesmo (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 09:03
The deadline for citing is 50 hours after kickoff so 19.30 Monday.
It was on Nigel Owens side of the pitch did he miss it or see it and not feel it was worth a look?

Barfboy
Barfboy (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 09:04
Quote:
OutsideBath
He'll be missing for quite a while as he has been charged with this before I believe.

In a Bath shirt or while in SA?

Bathovalballer

16 October, 2017 09:08
Does it matter Barfboy? Any offence I would have thought is taken into account.

Substitute
Substitute (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 09:18
Quote:
Barfboy
Quote:
OutsideBath
He'll be missing for quite a while as he has been charged with this before I believe.

In a Bath shirt or while in SA?

Charged and cleared of gouging Courtney Lawes.

EddieDillsworth
EddieDillsworth (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 09:26
Indeed, the full verdict can be found here:
Francois Louw verdict

"Following a citing against the Bath Rugby player, Francois Louw, on 30th April 2016 for making contact with the eyes or eye area, the citing was dismissed and the player is free to play."

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 09:38
Doesn't look deliberate but players just have to get the message, leave the head and neck well alone

sid the seagull
sid the seagull (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 09:58
Just watched clip and thought by comments above this would be terrible. Looked pretty non to me, a bit of on-going niggle both ways I'd say.

PECK

MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 10:27
He might get off but likelihood is the lesser offence which is still at least 4 weeks. On the bright side, even 6 weeks and he's back for the Chiefs game on 2nd Dec.

It's more of a problem if Underhill isn't available through concussion or England selection.

BATH supporter since 1975

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams

Bathovalballer

16 October, 2017 13:20
This made me laugh a little. Poacher turned gamekeeper...

Citing Commissioner for Ospreys Game: Wade Dooley (Eng).

I know he is an ex policeman, but was very familiar with the dark arts of days gone by. Our Citing Commissioner is Tim Lowry (Ireland). Wish it was Wade in the chair, more hope he would give Francois the benefit of the doubt as he would probably argue the ref took no action so he had to.

Rich.
Rich. (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 15:40
He seemed to twice go to grab some part of his face so, even if he did not mean it to be the eyes (and let's hope he didn't mean that!) there was intent to grab at face.

wilshd
wilshd (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 17:43
Looks completely innocuous to me, complete natural reaction to push him away like that and he used a flat open hand unlike sinkler who used a clawing motion into the socket. How are we even discussing this?

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 17:53
Nigel Owens is a proper rugby guy he won't see a lot in it

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 19:31
Quote:
wilshd
Looks completely innocuous to me, complete natural reaction to push him away like that and he used a flat open hand unlike sinkler who used a clawing motion into the socket. How are we even discussing this?

Because the laws talk about "contact with the eye area" - no need for a clawing motion, or even intent.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 20:21
Quote:
TG Kesmo
The deadline for citing is 50 hours after kickoff so 19.30 Monday.
It was on Nigel Owens side of the pitch did he miss it or see it and not feel it was worth a look?

Anyone see anything about a citing?

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 20:24
They're not as snappy about making announcements as they are with the Prem.

wilshd
wilshd (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 20:32
Just looks like Flouw had no choice but to do that. Completely normal reaction for someone trying to stop someone else punch them in the face.

touchline viewer
touchline viewer (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 10:48
Flouw has been cited. See my later post which shows from the same source that the Treviso player has been cited for biting in the same incident.

link here:European Rugby

The page reads:
Quote:

CHAMPIONS CUP - Citing complaints

Francois Louw (Bath Rugby)

EPCR has received a citing complaint against the Bath Rugby flanker, Francois Louw (No 20), following his club's Champions Cup, Round 1 match against Benetton Rugby at The Recreation Ground on Saturday, 14 October 2017.

Louw is alleged to have made contact with the eye area of the Benetton Rugby second row, Marco Fuser (No 4), in the 77th minute of the match in contravention of Law 10.4 (m). The complaint was made by the match Citing Commissioner, Tim Lowry (Ireland).

Antony Davies (England), Chairman, Achille Reali (Italy) and Becky Essex (England) have been appointed as the independent Disciplinary Committee for the hearing which will take place tomorrow (Wednesday, 18 October) in London.

Law 10.4 (m) Contact with the eye area
Under World Rugby's Sanctions for Foul Play, Law 10.4 (m), contact with the eye area, carries the following sanction entry points - Low End: 4 weeks; Mid-range: 8 weeks; Top end: 12 to 52 weeks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/10/2017 10:56 by touchline viewer.

robhumperson
Humpo (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 10:49
B*gger.

touchline viewer
touchline viewer (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 10:50
Also this which I missed. This might expain some of it:

From the same source.

Quote:
Marco Fuser (Benetton Rugby)

EPCR has received a citing complaint against the Benetton Rugby second row, Marco Fuser (No 4), following his club's Champions Cup, Round 1 match against Bath Rugby at The Recreation Ground on Saturday, 14 October 2017.

Fuser is alleged to have bitten the Bath Rugby replacement flanker, Francois Louw (No 20), in the 77th minute of the match in contravention of Law 10.4 (m). The complaint was made by the match Citing Commissioner, Tim Lowry (Ireland).

Antony Davies (England), Chairman, Achille Reali (Italy) and Becky Essex (England) have been appointed as the independent Disciplinary Committee for the hearing which will take place tomorrow (Wednesday, 18 October) in London.

Law 10.4 (m) Biting
Under World Rugby's Sanctions for Foul Play, Law 10.4 (m), biting, carries the following sanction entry points - Low End: 12 weeks; Mid-range: 18 weeks; Top end: 24 to 208 weeks.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 10:54
Let's hope Underhill can stay fit and available for the next couple of months.

nick holder
nick holder (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 11:16
I think this is going to be a very interesting sequence of decisions. It looks to me as if Flo has been bitten and has lashed out in anger and has caught the opponent in the face. Whilst I am not sure it is much in the way of mitigation I guess when you are bitten you don't necessarily think "I'm going to lash out but I must avoid contact with face/eyes" I guess you just lash out.
So lets see what they come up with.

dr.bath1865
dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 11:19
Bad news. I'm expecting a lengthy ban and with Underhill's fitness problems we could be stuffed until the New Year. And I'm normally one of the optimists on 'ere!

I wonder what came first - contact with the eyes or the bite? And I wonder if mitigating circumstances come into it?

The best I think we can hope for is a lower end ban, of 4 to 6 weeks, which means he misses Scarlets, Gloucester but no other games that he wouldn't have been away with SA for anyway.

Tricky=Legend
Tricky=Legend (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 11:27
His hand went over the face, but didn't go into the eyes. If he pleads guilty for making contact with the face and it's considered lower end, then he could get 4 weeks cut down to 2 weeks for no previous and pleading guilty.

To be quite frank, if this is longer than 4 weeks then Sinkler getting 7 is even more of a total joke. He went back again and his fingers curled.

Regardless of being provoked, he did put has hand on his face which you can't do, but I'd be astonished if it's a lengthy ban. I expect him to get something though.

All of this however doesn't change that we could be without a 7 for the next few weeks if Underhill isn't passed fit. Glad it wasn't an HIA, but worried that a migraine means a long lay off. Have to be careful with anything like that.

nick holder
nick holder (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 11:31
I guess we will have Zach M at open side and Garvey at 6 this weekend?

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 11:42
Flow missing the Scarlets game isn't a huge problem as we aren't going to win regardless, but missing Gloucester is a massive blow.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 12:03
Quote:
nick holder
I think this is going to be a very interesting sequence of decisions. It looks to me as if Flo has been bitten and has lashed out in anger and has caught the opponent in the face. Whilst I am not sure it is much in the way of mitigation I guess when you are bitten you don't necessarily think "I'm going to lash out but I must avoid contact with face/eyes" I guess you just lash out.
So lets see what they come up with.

If that is the sequence then it would be incredible if he didn't push his face away! That is hardly retaliation, it's just reflex.

I can't think of anyone who wouldn't do the same thing. Including the citing commissioner and the board. Won't make any difference though.

MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 14:57
I don't know if being bitten is mitigation but it ought to be!
At least it's the less serious offence, so I'd be very disappointed if it was more than 4-6 weeks.
Fingers crossed Underhill is ready for Glaws. I have tickets! (A rare foray from the Home Counties).

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 15:28
Would be a shame if Francois got a lengthy ban. I saw this when I was watching the game and instantly had a bad feeling about it. Not sure where the bite is when re watching the footage but hopefully that is enough mitigating evidence to explain why you'd push someone in the face!!

Adopted players: 2017-18 Shaun Knight

nick holder
nick holder (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 16:09
I think it will be a 2 week ban as there is significant provocation, i.e the bite

MESSAGES->author

17 October, 2017 16:47
He does have previous though, maybe 4 weeks

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 16:59
"Fuser is alleged to have bitten Francois Louw in contravention of Law 10.4"

It kind of made me smile the 'in contravention of' bit of the sentence. I mean - biting someone is just wrong isn't it. No need to cite which specific Law it contravenes.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 17:07
Quote:
OutsideBath
Flow missing the Scarlets game isn't a huge problem as we aren't going to win regardless, but missing Gloucester is a massive blow.

That’s the spirit old boy.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 17:09
Quote:
abendanon-anon-anon

No, he doesn’t if you are referring to the one above where he was not guilty of anything.

dcsh
dcsh (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 17:15
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
abendanon-anon-anon

No, he doesn’t if you are referring to the one above where he was not guilty of anything.
The two week ban for a tip tackle in Feb is mentioned in the Chronicle article as an example of not having a clean disciplinary record, unfortunately.

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 18:13
Dear Old Journalists. Trust even those supposedly Bath orientated can't resist putting the boot in.

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 18:26
Quote:
dr.bath1865
Bad news. I'm expecting a lengthy ban and with Underhill's fitness problems we could be stuffed until the New Year. And I'm normally one of the optimists on 'ere!

I wonder what came first - contact with the eyes or the bite?
And I wonder if mitigating circumstances come into it?

The best I think we can hope for is a lower end ban, of 4 to 6 weeks, which means he misses Scarlets, Gloucester but no other games that he wouldn't have been away with SA for anyway.

Interesting that most posters seem to be assuming that the bite came first and will provide mitigation. Given that Flo has been charged with contact with the eye area, perhaps the bite was second, to try to get the hand off his face?

Panel will sort it either way, and apportion bans accordingly, if either/both proven/plead guilty.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 20:03
I think it has been stated that the bite came first Bertie.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 20:05
You've got to have quite a remarkable mouth if you can bite someone's hand around your eyes.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 20:54
Quote:
hasta
You've got to have quite a remarkable mouth if you can bite someone's hand around your eyes.

Or eyes like a snail.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 21:22
Looks to me as though he bites his left arm on the way down. Video here.

Also not sure most posters do assume that it is retaliation, but a minor point.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)

17 October, 2017 23:05
Quote:
hasta

Not at all. Let's say that a hand is placed down someone's face, palm near the forehead. Quite possible for the little and index fingers to make contact with the eye area and for the ends of the middle and ring fingers to be nibbleable. Or you could have a hand across the face with the index and middle fingers near the eyes and the little finger within chomping range.

Try it on yourselves.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

18 October, 2017 07:34
From some earlier comments, i’d assumed that the Benetton player had ripped Flo’s head-tape off - it certainly looked as though Flo was trying to do the same back.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

18 October, 2017 08:19
Is that the latest rugby sledging technique then, "I'm going to rip your tape off" Grrr...

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

18 October, 2017 09:32
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
Quote:
hasta

Not at all. Let's say that a hand is placed down someone's face, palm near the forehead. Quite possible for the little and index fingers to make contact with the eye area and for the ends of the middle and ring fingers to be nibbleable. Or you could have a hand across the face with the index and middle fingers near the eyes and the little finger within chomping range.

Try it on yourselves.

Ouch! I just gouged myself and bit myself at the same time - that's a double citing and a long period out of the game for me. That was just unprofessional.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

18 October, 2017 09:56
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
Quote:
hasta

Try it on yourselves.

Ouch! I just gouged myself and bit myself at the same time - that's a double citing and a long period out of the game for me. That was just unprofessional.

After a bite and gauge I'm surprised you didn't punch yourself in retaliation!

MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

18 October, 2017 10:01
Punching yourself repeatedly in the face, that's Brexit isn't it? Are you lurking malco? smiling smiley

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

18 October, 2017 10:14
Quote:
jayeatman
Punching yourself repeatedly in the face, that's Brexit isn't it? Are you lurking malco? smiling smiley

(Sm20)

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

18 October, 2017 10:18
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
jayeatman

(Sm20)

+1 Stick to rugby!

MESSAGES->author
Rawce (IP Logged)

18 October, 2017 11:18
Remind me again, does retaliation count for you (sufficient provocation) or against you (escalation of a situation that the Ref could/should deal with properly)? I have distant recollections of Banners getting red carded against Leics 3/4 years back because of retaliation, but not sure if it was in retaliation to an offence to another Bath player and therefore he joined the fray as it were.

I could be wrong on the Banners bit though. Or the Leicester bit. Maybe even on the retaliation bit.

sid the seagull
sid the seagull (IP Logged)

18 October, 2017 11:25
If rugby is a game for gentlemen then surely M. Fuser should have been using cutlery?

PECK

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

18 October, 2017 12:24
Quote:
Rawce
Remind me again, does retaliation count for you (sufficient provocation) or against you (escalation of a situation that the Ref could/should deal with properly)? I have distant recollections of Banners getting red carded against Leics 3/4 years back because of retaliation, but not sure if it was in retaliation to an offence to another Bath player and therefore he joined the fray as it were.
I could be wrong on the Banners bit though. Or the Leicester bit. Maybe even on the retaliation bit.

Yes you are!

[www.youtube.com]

Banners caught the Leicester centre Allen high, Tigers flew in. Both sent off.

MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

18 October, 2017 13:20
Ah, back in the days of Hoops and Biggsy, when Ford was a Leicester player... Oh hang on.

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

18 October, 2017 13:48
Quote:
sid the seagull
If rugby is a game for gentlemen then surely M. Fuser should have been using cutlery?
PECK

Very amusing Sid, thank you

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

18 October, 2017 13:55
hang about this biting thing is getting out of hand [kind of pun intended]

Lewis quoted in the Chron

"If you’d said to me two months ago: ‘You’re going to be starting in the first round of the Champions Cup,’ I would have bit your hand off."

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

18 October, 2017 15:20
Quote:
gaz59
hang about this biting thing is getting out of hand [kind of pun intended]
Lewis quoted in the Chron

"If you’d said to me two months ago: ‘You’re going to be starting in the first round of the Champions Cup,’ I would have bit your hand off."

So are you saying he might be cited as well? I'll check youtube to see if he has history of "ripping players head tape off" as well.

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

18 October, 2017 15:23
when is the judgement?

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

18 October, 2017 16:03
Tonight

Olde Lagge
Olde Lagge (IP Logged)

18 October, 2017 16:24
Other citing judgements from Round 1 and heard today have already appeared on the EPR website. 3 weeks and 4 weeks for 2 other "contact with eye area" offences, where the offenders pleaded guilty prior to the hearing. So I suspect the Flo decision is next and imminent.

nick holder
nick holder (IP Logged)

18 October, 2017 16:34
It looks like the hearings from our match are the final ones on the list to be heard

Bathovalballer

18 October, 2017 16:38
That is probably the first ones pleaded guilty, Flouw may believe he has a case and is pleading not guilty. It could see an extended sentence if his argument is not convincing enough.

Purns
Purns (IP Logged)

18 October, 2017 17:32
3 weeks ban

Purns
Purns (IP Logged)

18 October, 2017 17:33
NEWS: Louw suspended for three weeks. He's free to play on Monday 6th November.

Todd Blackadder commented: “We are disappointed to lose Francois for three weeks, but accept the decision. There was absolutely no malice in Francois’s actions, and there was another incident at the time for which the opposition player has been cited for. However, we all know that you cannot put your hands on someone’s face due to the risk to player safety, and we accept the sanction imposed by the authorities.

“Our attention is now focused on preparing for our game against Scarlets on Friday night.”

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

18 October, 2017 17:33

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

18 October, 2017 17:42
So what do you get for nibbling a South African?

Bathovalballer

18 October, 2017 17:49
Nibbling South Africans is ok and Mr Fuser walks free.

Ah well, could have been significantly worse and other players will have to step up. Sincerely hope Underhill is fit.......

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

18 October, 2017 17:51
I will take 3 weeks tbh considering the potential duration.

dr.bath1865
dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)

18 October, 2017 17:54
Seems fair enough and actually a bit of a let off, IMHO. Just pretty stupid from Flouw, although it means he'll be well rested for the Boks autumn series...

Underhill appears packing down on the flank, alongside Faletau and Mercer in training in the video featuring Catt on the website today. So fingers crossed.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

18 October, 2017 17:54
Fair enough, and good to see reasoned comments. The dark site are getting all hot and bothered that they dared to cite one of theirs.

MESSAGES->author
Bathbadger (IP Logged)

18 October, 2017 18:01
Quote:
ballsout
The dark site are getting all hot and bothered that they dared to cite one of theirs.

thumbs down

Cheers,

Rich

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

18 October, 2017 18:25
Quote:
ballsout
Fair enough, and good to see reasoned comments. The dark site are getting all hot and bothered that they dared to cite one of theirs.

Genuine question BO...why do you keep going there? I couldn't care less what they talk about unless they are playing us, and I'm sure they feel the same about us? You and the Tigers Board are like Caesium in water.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

18 October, 2017 23:53
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
ballsout

Genuine question BO...why do you keep going there? I couldn't care less what they talk about unless they are playing us, and I'm sure they feel the same about us? You and the Tigers Board are like Caesium in water.

+1

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

19 October, 2017 06:50
Quote:
BathMatt53
I will take 3 weeks tbh considering the potential duration.

+1

Only Flo knows if it was accidental or not, but players have to be more careful now. Gutted he misses Gloucester though.

john fox
johnnyf (IP Logged)

19 October, 2017 06:56
Storm in a teacup then.

Be careful about posting sensationalist, provocative, attention-grabbing headlines which are incorrect and demean our team!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

19 October, 2017 07:02
Quote:
johnnyf
Storm in a teacup then.
Be careful about posting sensationalist, provocative, attention-grabbing headlines which are incorrect and demean our team!

This place would be a desert without sensationalism, provocation and attention-grabbing!

annie blackthorn

19 October, 2017 20:47
Sorry he got 3 weeks - but it appears that all rugby players are going to have to be constantly aware of how their actions look on the videotape as 'lack of intent to do harm' is not now in the rule book.

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 06:51

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 07:55
Could someone rename this thread please ? If Francois was remotely interested in this site he'd be appalled by this untrue accusation from his own fans.

annie blackthorn

20 October, 2017 10:04
I was being simplistic as ever. Citing often covers whether there is 'previous' and also whether a player was provoked, etc. It doesn't alter the 'outcome i.e. guilty or not guilty but could influence the length of the ban. p.s. agree about editing the title of thread but believe Ken (who is a poster of very long standing) has to do it. Don't think moderators are able to do so. Gouging always brings to mind King Lear ( bet you didn't know I was an intellectual!!!)tongue sticking out smiley

ken_jnr
ken_jnr (IP Logged)

Re: Flouw Not Gouging
20 October, 2017 10:29
Quote:
ken_jnr
https://twitter.com/rugbyinsideline/status/919501323585933312
Not sure I can see any gouging but pretty conclusively “contact with the face.”

Edit: Just seen this covered in the match thread.

I’ve edited the title for the sensitive among us.

As “gouging” is what he was being accused of in social media and was cited for, I disagree that there was anything sensational about my post. Particularly as I stated first and foremost that I could see no gouging.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 10:53
Moderators have the ability to edit thread titles. We would generally do this in the case of something offensive, libelous or spoilery. I see no need to do it in this case - I seriously doubt Flouw is so sensitive to a thread title on a message board that he doesn't read. If ken chooses to do so, it's entirely his prerogative.

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 12:05
Unfortunately "gouge" is a lot snappier a term for the media to use - "x accused of gouging" vs "x accused of contact with the eye area"

But isn't it strange how it seems that only supporters of teams who have a player accused of contact with the eyes/eye area get upset by the use of the word "gouge"?

annie blackthorn

20 October, 2017 17:01
So good we have such discerning educated moderators!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 20:19
Quote:
OutsideBath

You are Mystic Meg and I claim my £5.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net