rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

Re: Auterac Contract
29 November, 2017 20:12
Just caught up with this thread and am dismayed by the Tapuai speculation. He is the nearest thing to Kyle Eastmond since KE & we need that 2nd playmaker at #12. Our attack, especially JJ, has been less effective since those heady (Tigers 45pt games) days when we could select Stringer, GF, KE, JJ. Kahn is as good as Strings, Burns can fill GF's boots and Taps does the KE thing almost as well. I had high hopes for this combination for the 2nd half of the campaign. Drat & double drat....

Adopted players: 2017-18 T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

wilshd
wilshd (IP Logged)

29 November, 2017 21:23
On the JJ rumours I thought Jon Davies was going to Sarries...?

Some good news incoming though. smiling smiley

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

29 November, 2017 21:54
Quote:
wilshd

Go on...

BathOtter
BathOtter (IP Logged)

29 November, 2017 22:08
Quote:
wilshd

Donít tease...

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

30 November, 2017 00:15
Quote:
hasta
Yeah, it seems like forever ago we signed the most highly rated, young, English-qualified back rower... Must have been, what, 2013?

Yes - so he had the best chance of playing for England. I fear for his future however. That number of HIAís is not sustainable.

Stranded up North
Stranded up North (IP Logged)

30 November, 2017 01:23
What's happened to the rumours earlier in the season that we were going to sign Ben Teo ?

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

30 November, 2017 06:09
There are still rumours. I for one hope that they are just rumours as we could do without someone who is either away with England or on the physios table for his £400+k a year. Good player when fit and available but thatís just not frequently enough for our needs IMHO.

MESSAGES->author
BathSalmon (IP Logged)

30 November, 2017 07:38
Quote:
wilshd

Is this to do with the Rec or a player?

MESSAGES->author
JimDaff (IP Logged)

30 November, 2017 09:43
Quote:
wilshd

So weíve finally signed Sonny Bill Williams to fill our 12 shirt? (Sm100)

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

30 November, 2017 09:54
Quote:
JimDaff
Quote:
wilshd

So weíve finally signed Sonny Bill Williams to fill our 12 shirt? (Sm100)

Merry Christmas!!!!

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

30 November, 2017 10:07
Quote:
BathMatt53
There are still rumours. I for one hope that they are just rumours as we could do without someone who is either away with England or on the physios table for his £400+k a year. Good player when fit and available but thatís just not frequently enough for our needs IMHO.

Are there stats on career injuries? Clearly anyone can get injured at any time, but some players hardly ever get injured and in my opinion they should get a multiple in their salary based on that. Particulalry in the current climate.

I reckon you could put players in 3 buckets; high/medium/low at least the ones that are pushing 30.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/11/2017 10:07 by woodpecker.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

30 November, 2017 10:32
Quote:
woodpecker
Quote:
BathMatt53

Are there stats on career injuries? Clearly anyone can get injured at any time, but some players hardly ever get injured and in my opinion they should get a multiple in their salary based on that. Particulalry in the current climate.

I reckon you could put players in 3 buckets; high/medium/low at least the ones that are pushing 30.

Harsh! I think that may breach disability law or whatever...besides which wouldn't that make players not want to put themselves in positions where they could get injured (like the scrum or a ruck)?

I assume that you were being tongue-in-cheek, but M Tuilagi is the most obvious example, he signs a contract reputed to be the largest in the prem and then barely plays since.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

30 November, 2017 11:01
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
woodpecker
Quote:
BathMatt53

Harsh! I think that may breach disability law or whatever...besides which wouldn't that make players not want to put themselves in positions where they could get injured (like the scrum or a ruck)?

I assume that you were being tongue-in-cheek, but M Tuilagi is the most obvious example, he signs a contract reputed to be the largest in the prem and then barely plays since.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

No Im not being tongue in cheek, what im saying is that I wouldnt go near Tuilagi with a bargepole and he isn't worth a massive amount of money because of that.

Certain players are often injured and regardless of how good they are if they dont play they arent worth much.

What I dont know is if there really is a hierarchy of injuried'ness (made up word) clearly props get injured more than wingers, but can you really put them in buckets I don't know?

Gets into the realm of Moneyball

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/11/2017 11:17 by woodpecker.

MESSAGES->author
Robbinho (IP Logged)

01 December, 2017 07:40
Speaking of injuredness - someone needs to do some genetic analysis of what Alex Waller is made of. 150 consecutive premiership games is incredible, even more so for a prop.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

01 December, 2017 07:54
Quote:
Robbinho
Speaking of injuredness - someone needs to do some genetic analysis of what Alex Waller is made of. 150 consecutive premiership games is incredible, even more so for a prop.

Yet another reason to support gene therapy, we need to isolate the sequence and put it into Dave Atwoods coffee. how does he avoid HIA's? Does he just refuse to answer the questions?

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

01 December, 2017 21:17
Quote:
Robbinho

Ah, the old 'Robbinho kiss of death'! Waller off at the end tonight with what looked like a knackered arm of some description.

Knipm
Knipm (IP Logged)

14 January, 2018 00:09
Quote:
Knipm
Tapuai to Quins apparently... Real shame.
Even if it's not Quins, i'm pretty sure he's going. Lose Tapuai and Banahan and we literally only have 2 centres left in Clark and Joseph. If the Joseph to Sarries rumours are true then... Gah.

The mild pride of being accurate in the face of being accused of being an agent, versus the grim reality of having no centres for next year!

[www.bathchronicle.co.uk]

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net