rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

Re: Bath v Glaws
30 October, 2017 12:01
We were a bit short of heavy artillery yesterday - in their respective positions none of Catt, Charteris, Ewels, Underhill, Mercer are renowned as battering rams, and we did really need to bash away at the fringes a bit more, which is - I think - why Glos were able to fairly easily repel our ship-it-sideways backs possession. Banners was used a lot as a crash-ball and he did drag in defenders, but it probably needed another couple of waves before it went wide.

seatonian
seatonian (IP Logged)

30 October, 2017 21:09
Outside Bath is spot on. 30 seconds to go and a ruck in progress so a pick and go twice would have used up the time nicely. Poor game management to kick for touch and in all probability give ball back to Glaws which happened and gave them the chance to win. . This is not the only example. Go back to Newcastle game. 12 points ahead and a penalty was awarded which was a sitter to stick between the posts. So what did we do.....kick for touch. Why? Try bonus was in the bag so a three pointer would have taken us three scores clear. What happens......they score two tries and win. Very poor on field decision making which has cost us 6 points. There are enough experienced players in the team who ought to be able to see these situations and deal with them. I am sure others will disagree with me !!!!

AndyMGlos
Lebowski (IP Logged)

08 November, 2017 10:35
A long time since I’ve posted on here, and absolutely not here to gloat. In response to the earlier comment that neither team will trouble the top four this season, I actually think both will. Not saying we will both be in the top four, and certainly if Glos were to be a lot of eyebrows would be raised, but both will be there or thereabouts IMO. The mistake were largely caused by two stiffling defences, and defence is key! Bath are already a very good team and Glos under Ackermann are moving in the right direction. I am bemused how players like Yarde can ever be considered ahead of Roko - he’d start for England if I had my way.

On a seperate note it’s disappointing to see (from the above post) that childish abusive behaviour is still not dealt with by the moderators on here. It is such a shame because the majority if posters on here (as shown by the generous ‘well done’ thread) deserve better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2017 10:36 by Lebowski.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net