rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Jonny Fantastic
Jonny Fantastic (IP Logged)

Team's Up!
03 November, 2017 11:44
Good to see Burns back!

15. Darren Atkins
14. Levi Davis
13. James Wilson
12. Ben Tapuai
11. Jack Wilson
10. Freddie Burns
9. Darren Allinson
1. Nick Auterac
2. Michael van Vuuren
3. Max Lahiff
4. Levi Douglas
5. James Phillips
6. Matt Garvey ( c )
7. Josh Bayliss
8. Paul Grant

Replacements

16. Jack Walker
17. Will Vaughan
18. Sam Nixon
19. Elliott Stooke
20. Oscar Backhouse
21. Max Green
22. Matt Banahan
23. Max Clark

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

Re: Team's Up!
03 November, 2017 11:53
All we need from this game is for Tapuai, Burns, Auterac, Lahiff and Garvey to have a decent run out and come through unscathed.

benjbath
benjbath (IP Logged)

03 November, 2017 11:58
Good to see Burns back and some promising youngsters like Bayliss and Davis getting a runout. Who is our back up ten?

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

03 November, 2017 12:00
Quote:
Optimist
All we need from this game is for Tapuai, Burns, Auterac, Lahiff and Garvey to have a decent run out and come through unscathed.

Agreed- and, perhaps, for new boy Max Green to show us his form.

PG

P G Tips

Alex Davies: my adopted Player, 2018-19.

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

03 November, 2017 12:01
Irish:

London Irish: 15 James Marshall, 14 Joe Cokanasiga, 13 Fergus Mulchrone, 12 Luke McLean, 11 Alex Lewington, 10 Theo Brophy Clews, 9 Brendan McKibbin, 1 Harry Elrington, 2 David Paice (c), 3 Petrus Du Plessis, 4 Franco van der Merwe, 5 Teofilo Paulo, 6 Max Northcote-Green, 7 Blair Cowan, 8 Jake Schatz

Replacements: 16 Tom Woolstencroft, 17 Tom Smallbone, 18 Ollie Hoskins, 19 Will Lloyd, 20 Ofisa Treviranus, 21 Scott Steele, 22 Aseli Tikoirotuma, 23 Ben Ransom

Seems they are taking it quite seriously!

PG

P G Tips

Alex Davies: my adopted Player, 2018-19.

MESSAGES->author
JimDaff (IP Logged)

03 November, 2017 12:01
Canít be many clubs who can field four players called Max... (Five if you include Maximus as an on pitch presence!)

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

03 November, 2017 12:24
Hope the boys all come through unscathed. As bad as it is the result is not of importance to me - would like to see the youngsters throw it around with a bit of purpose though and get themselves on the coaches radar.

Most excited to see the new scrummie come on Max Green and also Lahiff back in action! Let's hope Bayliss, Levi Davis and Atkins get a chance to shine too! I suspect Bayliss will given we will be doing a fair bit of defending with that Irish team out haha!

Adopted players: 2017-18 Shaun Knight; 2018-19 Jonathan Joseph

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

03 November, 2017 12:27
Quote:
Big Dog
Hope the boys all come through unscathed. As bad as it is the result is not of importance to me - would like to see the youngsters throw it around with a bit of purpose though and get themselves on the coaches radar.
Most excited to see the new scrummie come on Max Green and also Lahiff back in action! Let's hope Bayliss, Levi Davis and Atkins get a chance to shine too! I suspect Bayliss will given we will be doing a fair bit of defending with that Irish team out haha!

+1 my thoughts exactly. No worries re result, let's just get the key players some match fitness and let the youngsters show the coaches what they've got. Looking forward to seeing a bit more of Levi Douglas also as he has looked promising in moments.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

03 November, 2017 13:05
That Irish back line looks a bit tasty and the very talented 10 in Brophy-Clews.

Also they have some real muscle up front including our ex players Northcotte- Green and Tom Woostenholme.

IMO we will do very well to get anything out of this game, as it means a number of our guys coming into top form and gelling in new combinations all at once.

Just hope we get through injury free.

Irish by at least 10.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2017 13:06 by Bathovalballer.

nick holder
nick holder (IP Logged)

03 November, 2017 13:21
Quote:
Bathovalballer
That Irish back line looks a bit tasty and the very talented 10 in Brophy-Clews.
Also they have some real muscle up front including our ex players Northcotte- Green and Tom Woostenholme.

IMO we will do very well to get anything out of this game, as it means a number of our guys coming into top form and gelling in new combinations all at once.

Irish by at least 10.

Can you not change your name to "anyone but bathovalballer" as whichever side we put out, against any opposition you always expect us to lose, it is effing tiresome.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

03 November, 2017 13:30
All things considered that looks a decent enough lineup. No idea about the Irish team so have no opinion on how well we'll do.

All that matters is no injuries for Bath.

Tom Dunn - Adopted player 2018/19

Bathovalballer

03 November, 2017 13:37
Not true Nick Holder- eg I wrote expecting us to win against both Gloucester and Newcastle!

Shows how little I know obviously and probably we will win this game! Hopefully we will but in all honesty I cannot see it happening for all sorts of reasons.

bathwickboy
bathwickboy (IP Logged)

03 November, 2017 14:43
Quote:
Bathovalballer
Not true Nick Holder- eg I wrote expecting us to win against both Gloucester and Newcastle!
Shows how little I know obviously and probably we will win this game! Hopefully we will but in all honesty I cannot see it happening for all sorts of reasons.

As you admit to knowing very little, may I suggest that you do a great deal more reading and a great deal less writing.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

03 November, 2017 19:41
Quote:
Bathovalballer

Yeah the superstar Brophy-Clews will be teaching young Freddie Burns a lesson don't you think? Huge gulf in class there.

Quote:

More superstars. With muscle. Our pack don't have muscle obv. Also, Woostenholme? Do you mean Woolstencroft?

MESSAGES->author
trikidiki (IP Logged)

03 November, 2017 20:29
[quote JimDaff]Canít be many clubs who can field four players called Max... (Five if you include Maximus as an on pitch presence!)[/quote

Not to mention a pair of Levis.

southgate
southgate (IP Logged)

03 November, 2017 20:49
Quote:
Bathovalballer

Irish by at least 10.
I don't always agree with BoBs posts but it's good to have different opinions and views ,god help us if we become like the chiefs site where you have to agree with everything .

Danchinho
Danchinho (IP Logged)

03 November, 2017 22:46
Bit of an odd one though. BoB thinks we're underpowered but he also thinks Auterac is great solely judged on his muscles (which he hasn't been putting to enough use imo).
I haven't been here very long but there some incredibly familiar themes to BoB posts that persevere even with access to evidence for the contrary.

I probably don't know what i'm talking about.

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

04 November, 2017 10:41
I don't recall ever agreeing with any points in any of BoB's rants (I'm sure I've agreed with some of his shorter posts... maybe) but I still appreciate seeing a contrary view or opinion. This is a discussion board after all. While it's no secret that BoB's post are usually pretty negative in tone, he should still be free to express his opinion whilst being prepared for spirited response.

That being said, suggesting that some players aren't playing for the shirt after a poor performance is completely ridiculous and reactionary.

Danchinho
Danchinho (IP Logged)

04 November, 2017 10:59
I agree. Hope he continues to post personally. This place is far too quiet as it is. Would hate to lose someone else just for having an opinion different from mine or anyone else's. He might be completely right for all I know!

I probably don't know what i'm talking about.

MESSAGES->author
Rawce (IP Logged)

04 November, 2017 11:45
Whatíre the odds on BOBís IP address being based in Russia?(Sm156)

MESSAGES->author
Rawce (IP Logged)

04 November, 2017 11:51
Anyway, ours looked a handy team and a good mix, ideal for the AWC, but thatís a very strong Irish team out there. We can take it to them I reckon, but I think Irish might sneak it.

MESSAGES->author
Rawce (IP Logged)

04 November, 2017 16:31
Glad I was wrong. Took our chances and even closed it out at the end. Well done to the debutants and team in general.

MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

04 November, 2017 21:19
Good to win but they still coughed up possession with 20s left on the clock!! Fortunately Irish couldn't score, but it was close.

BATH supporter since 1975

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams
2018/9 Victor Delmas

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

04 November, 2017 21:21
Quote:
Bathovalballer

Irish by at least 10.

You ought to try the prediction league, keep Bod company at the bottom of the table! He predicts a Bath loss often, judging by his results!

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

04 November, 2017 21:33
[quote Bathovalballer]That Irish back line looks a bit tasty and the very talented 10 in Brophy-Clews.

Fortunately Brophy-Cloes forgot his kicking Shewes!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2017 21:33 by Boldangrey.

Bathovalballer

04 November, 2017 21:57
Is it possible with a better kicker Irish should/could have won?

I am very very pleased Bath won and hope it gives confidence and momentum for the rest of the season. We are going to need it!

How much ball did we have and who played well? 4 tries to 2? How did we do it?

I am intrigued. As I am all the rest of you were convinced we would win. Incredible! I predicted we should/would beat Newcasle and Gloucester and got it so wrong.

Will toss a coin in future because form and personnel does not come into it. I look forward to reading all of you guys predictions.

Heaf
Heaf (IP Logged)

05 November, 2017 01:06
[quote Boldangrey][quote Bathovalballer]That Irish back line looks a bit tasty and the very talented 10 in Brophy-Clews.

Fortunately Brophy-Cloes forgot his kicking Shewes![/quote]

I don't think TBC has any kicking shoes ...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net