rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

LI v Bath
04 November, 2017 14:45
Bath win scrum against head - Ben Tapuai streaks away and scores under posts - Freddie converts

0 v 7

Mike the Taxi

Re: LI v Bath
04 November, 2017 14:48
Jack Wilson knocks on for 2nd time - fortunately the first resulted in the scenario above - so does the 2nd lead to Bath attacking again

Mike the Taxi

04 November, 2017 14:51
LI have lineout in Bath 22, which they immediately drop ball at and it goes into touch

0 v 7

Mike the Taxi

04 November, 2017 14:55
Bath concede penalty at LI lineout in Bath 22 - LI attacking and Bath concede 2nd penalty - lineout overthrown by LI knocked on by Auterac

Mike the Taxi

04 November, 2017 14:57
LI try

5 v 7

Mike the Taxi

04 November, 2017 14:58
Conversion missed

5 v 7

Mike the Taxi

04 November, 2017 15:01
Freddie 40 metre penalty

5 v 10

Mike the Taxi

04 November, 2017 15:04
Tapuai breaks up to halfway and kicks ahead so LI defending their own 22

Mike the Taxi

04 November, 2017 15:06
LI kick from their own 22 area straight into touch so Bath lineout

Mike the Taxi

04 November, 2017 15:07
Bath win lineout and drive towards LI 22 - LI concede penalty

Mike the Taxi

04 November, 2017 15:09
Atkins fails with pass heading for LI line - LI clear their lines

Mike the Taxi

04 November, 2017 15:17
Bath win penalty thru LI not releasing in a ;jackal' - kick back into Li territory

Mike the Taxi

04 November, 2017 15:21
LI try by former Bath academy player Northcote-Green - conversion missed

10 v 10

Mike the Taxi

04 November, 2017 15:23
Freddie penalty!

10 v 13

Mike the Taxi

04 November, 2017 15:24
Garvey has received every kick off so far

HT

10 v 13

Mike the Taxi

04 November, 2017 15:41
2nd half - LI drive towards Bath line and gain lineout 5 metres out

Mike the Taxi

04 November, 2017 15:43
Li converted try

17 v 13

Mike the Taxi

04 November, 2017 15:45
VV lineout throw in goes over the top and Freddie knocks on

Mike the Taxi

04 November, 2017 15:46
Sequence of kick tennis ends in Li lineout on Bath 10 metre

Mike the Taxi

04 November, 2017 15:51
Bath win scrum against head and gain penalty advantage

Mike the Taxi

04 November, 2017 15:53
Cross field kick from Freddie leads to try by Levi Davis!

17 v 18

Converted

17 v 20

Mike the Taxi

04 November, 2017 16:03
LI try - foot in touch no TMO/

Conversion missed

22 v 20

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2017 16:06 by Mike the Taxi.

Mike the Taxi

04 November, 2017 16:07
Freddie penalty

22 v 23

Mike the Taxi

04 November, 2017 16:15
Freddie penalty

22 v 26

VinceJ
VinceJ (IP Logged)

04 November, 2017 16:32
FT 22-26

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

Thanks for all the upsets Mike - who deserves mention?

PG

P G Tips

Paul Grant: my adopted Player, 2017-18.

Mike the Taxi

Sorry, inconvenient phone call!

FT

22 v 26

Mike the Taxi

04 November, 2017 16:34
Mat Garvey was Dave Egerton (co-commentator) choice for MoM

MESSAGES->author
callmeMrTibbs (IP Logged)

04 November, 2017 16:36
Thanks Mike. Your coverage was appreciated.

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

04 November, 2017 16:42
Good to hear taps making breaks. We need some of that

BathPatriot
BathPatriot (IP Logged)

04 November, 2017 16:42
Good win.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

04 November, 2017 17:56
Good result.

Irish scored four tries to our two, their 10 missed a truck load of points. We had a scrum with 30 seconds to go but got pinged when Grant ran away from support. Ended up defending our line for our lives, over a dozen phases, but they messed up when shipped wide.

sid the seagull
sid the seagull (IP Logged)

04 November, 2017 18:51
Yes indeed thanks for updates.
Sounds like scrum went well, any obvious reason?
Levi, does he look good enough for the Prem?

HOP

Gussieboy
Gussieboy (IP Logged)

04 November, 2017 19:13
Nearly a repeat of last week - 2 1/2 mins left, our scrum in their half, penalty against, then another penalty against - seem to have learnt nothing, but at least this time we held out for what is a good win imo.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

04 November, 2017 19:25
Quote:
Gussieboy
Nearly a repeat of last week - 2 1/2 mins left, our scrum in their half, penalty against, then another penalty against - seem to have learnt nothing, but at least this time we held out for what is a good win imo.

Same old, same old.

Stade away, Newcastle away, Newcastle at home, Gloucester at home, nearly Sarries at home, nearly Tigers away.

04 November, 2017 20:15
No this was squad/academy i.e. 2nd XV against albeit poor 1st XV . I was very impressed with what I saw, excellent defensive effort and honest hard work all round. I can honestly say I enjoyed it as much or more than any game so far apart from Saracens of course. I saw much that was encouraging today. Anybody else go?

BathPatriot
BathPatriot (IP Logged)

04 November, 2017 20:34
No

sid the seagull
sid the seagull (IP Logged)

04 November, 2017 20:51
How do you no?

FLAP

Gussieboy
Gussieboy (IP Logged)

04 November, 2017 21:48
I quite liked this comment on the Irish board - Yes, Freddie Burns was excellent. But he, and an excellent 12 and a decent scrum was all Bath had to offer. But it proved to be enough.

So all we had was a good fly half, centre and 8 players in the pack - so thatís 10 out of 15 on the pitch then!?

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

04 November, 2017 21:52
Quote:
The man on the Clapham omnibus
No this was squad/academy i.e. 2nd XV against albeit poor 1st XV . I was very impressed with what I saw, excellent defensive effort and honest hard work all round. I can honestly say I enjoyed it as much or more than any game so far apart from Saracens of course. I saw much that was encouraging today. Anybody else go?

I do actually agree with Ballsout, even though the game was entertaining & at least we just won this time. We had Tapuai, Auturac, Burns, Grant, Garvey, Lahiff & Phillips in our team, all regular 1srt team squad players plus the experienced James Wilson & Van Vuuren, so not an entirely inexperienced team. Did LI play all first teamers. It is never good to see a Bath team continue to make the same mistakes despite changes in personnel.

Heaf
Heaf (IP Logged)

05 November, 2017 01:05
Nope LI didn't play all 1st team (but worryingly there were quite a few) - the 10 for example isn't 1st team and clearly couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo ...

West Wilts Wanderer

05 November, 2017 01:45
Almost shot ourselves in the foot again within last 5 mins where we conceded 2 scrum penalties and a further turnover penalty. Therefore giving up field position deep in their half to end up frantically defend our line...again.

PROS: Scrum initially excellent (Auturac,VV,Lahiff) but suffered with front row changes. Levi Douglas was outstanding and tackled his heart out. Nod to Garvey and Bayliss for effort and carrying.

Freddie and Taps were leagues above any other (from either side) in the backs. Is it only injury why Taps does not start ahead of Clark??

CONS: Allinson - Speed of delivery off rucks and awful box kicking (too long), not prem quality.
Tactical nous - Scrum penalties and one up isolated runners (game management)

May be my imagination but I even thought I may have seen the backs try a set move or two today as well.

Well done to the youngsters et al, but we did ship 4 tries to 2. Old Bath lad Max Northcote-Green finishing a couple.

EarleyExile
Freshford Exile (IP Logged)

05 November, 2017 08:34
Pretty much agree with all of that.
Scruffy game with occasional good moments - one of those "Winning Ugly" games.
On the plus side a lot of the youngsters got a run out. Freddie, Garvey and Taps were excellent.
I'd forgotten how cold the Madstad is!!!

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

05 November, 2017 10:09
We wouldn't have to have won ugly if the in touch try was spotted. Does a 26-15 scoreline change the analysis completely?

Quote:
Heaf
Nope LI didn't play all 1st team (but worryingly there were quite a few) - the 10 for example isn't 1st team and clearly couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo ...

BoB rates him though, though in fairness Northcote-Green had a good game and that was one of Bobs picks.

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

05 November, 2017 10:59
Squeaked it - but maybe lessons learned after last week's final moments "don't let them in" fiasco.

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

05 November, 2017 11:17
Heard on the radio coverage Bayliss is being fast tracked into the first team. With that being the case how did he look? Similar type of player to anyone?

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

05 November, 2017 11:30
There is a bit about Bayliss on this video in the Bath Chronicle, didn't realise he was being fast tracked, still quite a lot of work to do according to Stuart Hooper.

Gussieboy
Gussieboy (IP Logged)

05 November, 2017 20:17
Quote:
annie blackthorn
Squeaked it - but maybe lessons learned after last week's final moments "don't let them in" fiasco.
Not sure lessons were learnt to be honest, lost scrum and a couple of penalties in their half in the last 2 minutes, very frustrating finish again and Irish werenít far off scoring.

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

06 November, 2017 10:47
Hmmmmm- may be more like "work in progress" then! Come on boys, sort it out!

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

06 November, 2017 13:52
Very difficult to correct the mental weakness we have in the squad.

Tom Dunn - Adopted player 2018/19

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

06 November, 2017 14:24
I am not so sure there is a 'mental weakness' OB!! This is a squad full of excellent players a lot of whom have experience playing top level international or junior international rugby. I am not sure our squad would have got to where they are today if they were all mentally weak!

This weekend was also an incredibly changed, young and returning from injury squad comparative to the Glos game and were up against a relatively close to 1st XV London Irish side so frankly a win is impressive in my opinion.

Is it so far fetched to also applaud the opponents perhaps for having the bottle to handle well and persevere under immense pressure to score in the two games we have narrowly lost this season which everyone keeps highlighting as signs of our mental weakness? I thought both Newcastle and Gloucester were well worth their wins to be honest over the course of the 80 minute performances against them and really the results could have gone either way in both but we were slow out of the blocks in both and they both came to the Rec to play and fair play to them as they did.

It is far more difficult in my opinion to have the balls to attack knowing you have to score a try in the dying minutes than defend and so for them to sneak late tries in both shows courage on their side as opposed to a weakness on ours. We have also shown signs of excellent mental strength in some really tactical wins namely Tiggers away, Wasps away and Scarlets away.

Adopted players: 2017-18 Shaun Knight; 2018-19 Jonathan Joseph

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

06 November, 2017 14:31
Good points Big Dog

In our strongest seasons sides like Newcastle and Gloucester would have been wary of the approach they both took this season in case we counterattacked and punished them. Seems few sides are fearful we will turn the ball over and use it.

PG

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

06 November, 2017 14:41
Quote:
Big Dog
I am not so sure there is a 'mental weakness' OB!! This is a squad full of excellent players a lot of whom have experience playing top level international or junior international rugby. I am not sure our squad would have got to where they are today if they were all mentally weak!
This weekend was also an incredibly changed, young and returning from injury squad comparative to the Glos game and were up against a relatively close to 1st XV London Irish side so frankly a win is impressive in my opinion.

Is it so far fetched to also applaud the opponents perhaps for having the bottle to handle well and persevere under immense pressure to score in the two games we have narrowly lost this season which everyone keeps highlighting as signs of our mental weakness? I thought both Newcastle and Gloucester were well worth their wins to be honest over the course of the 80 minute performances against them and really the results could have gone either way in both but we were slow out of the blocks in both and they both came to the Rec to play and fair play to them as they did.

It is far more difficult in my opinion to have the balls to attack knowing you have to score a try in the dying minutes than defend and so for them to sneak late tries in both shows courage on their side as opposed to a weakness on ours. We have also shown signs of excellent mental strength in some really tactical wins namely Tiggers away, Wasps away and Scarlets away.

+1 BD

And don't forget Glos are 'so poor' that they turned over Exe earlier in the season.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

06 November, 2017 15:27
Quote:
Big Dog

You are absolutely right that a couple of away wins were impressive and needed some mental strength, however for me throwing away a lead against Glos with 34sec to go and Falcons with 15min to go is also a sign of frailty under pressure. Would Sarries or Exeter done the same? I think not.

MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

06 November, 2017 16:04
If making the wrong decisions under intense pressure is a sign of mental weakness, then yes I agree with OB.
Sometimes you just can't get it right though. On Saturday they didn't kick it away, instead Grant ran away from his support and got turned over/pinged for holding on. I doubt Faletau would have made that mistake. So is it a mental thing or just not being good enough?

BATH supporter since 1975

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

06 November, 2017 16:04
Spot on OB. Sarries would never throw away a lead and lose it in the last minute.

[www.skysports.com]

On the other hand we would never hold onto a lead, particularly against Sarries or Tigers for example.

Oh, hold on...

The fact is that all of the teams in the prem are so good these days that any of them have it in them to put in a storming performance and beat any of the others, even the ones at the bottom. Its annoying when it happens but it does happen. To all of them.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

06 November, 2017 16:12
Quote:
BathMatt53
Spot on OB. Sarries would never throw away a lead and lose it in the last minute.
[www.skysports.com]

On the other hand we would never hold onto a lead, particularly against Sarries or Tigers for example.

Oh, hold on...

The fact is that all of the teams in the prem are so good these days that any of them have it in them to put in a storming performance and beat any of the others, even the ones at the bottom. Its annoying when it happens but it does happen. To all of them.

That was Sarries 2nd team you are referring to so not a fair comparison with our 1st team.

MESSAGES->author
hemington (IP Logged)

06 November, 2017 16:15
Our first team has been on the pysio bench for most of the first part of the season!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

06 November, 2017 16:31
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
BathMatt53
[www.skysports.com]

Oh, hold on...

That was Sarries 2nd team you are referring to so not a fair comparison with our 1st team.

Isn't this a thread about LI vs Bath and how it was twitchy at the end in this AW cup game with our second team out? It was more twitchy for Sarries in their AW cup game with their second team out. If you want to compare 1st teams then didn't we win that game?

My point isn't that they aren't better (which they are) it is that all teams get the jitters and can lose in the last minute due to a bad decision or two at the death.

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

06 November, 2017 17:11
Quote:
OutsideBath
You are absolutely right that a couple of away wins were impressive and needed some mental strength, however for me throwing away a lead against Glos with 34sec to go and Falcons with 15min to go is also a sign of frailty under pressure. Would Sarries or Exeter done the same? I think not.
Can anyone remember what happened when Saracens came to the Rec a few weeks ago?
I'm sure I remember Sarries being in the lead with 5 minutes to go - apparently I was wrong though, because Bath could never come back to win from there AND Sarries could never lose from that sort of position.

How about Gloucester versus Exeter - my memory must really be failing me, as I remember it being all level after 80 mintes, and Exeter losing - but I'm assured that that's impossible.

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=608
RAEBURN SHIELD

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

06 November, 2017 18:23
Quote:
Which Tyler
Quote:
OutsideBath
Can anyone remember what happened when Saracens came to the Rec a few weeks ago?
I'm sure I remember Sarries being in the lead with 5 minutes to go - apparently I was wrong though, because Bath could never come back to win from there AND Sarries could never lose from that sort of position.

How about Gloucester versus Exeter - my memory must really be failing me, as I remember it being all level after 80 mintes, and Exeter losing - but I'm assured that that's impossible.

So you honestly believe that with 34s to go and the opposing team having knocked on Sarries or Exeter would lose? I certainly don't and it's not because I particularly like either side because I don't.

I just believe they would make the right decision in that situation, which is why one of them will win the PL title again.

With regard to last weekend's game I wasn't there so can't comment on what happened at the end.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

06 November, 2017 23:49
Quote:
BathMatt53
[www.skysports.com]

Sarries haven't done that over and over and over again. Newcastle home and away, Stade away (which cost us a trophy), Gloucester at home etc etc. To say nothing of our three near misses vs Tigers, Sarries and now Irish.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

07 November, 2017 06:52
I saw the Tigers and Sarries results as positive wins rather than negative 'we nearly lost' moments. Besides which Tigers was a wierd one with all those players off.

Can the near losses not be balanced by last minute wins such as Exe away, Sarries at home and The Clash last season?

Substitute
Substitute (IP Logged)

07 November, 2017 07:12
I think the problem with Bath's last minute defeats is that you can see it coming - you just know they are going to lose this.

I don't know exactly what it is but I suspect some underlying pattern becomes visible in our play - probably something to do with a more passive defence, concession of unnecessary penalties and lack of confidence with ball in hand.

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

07 November, 2017 08:02
The frustrating thing is that just keeping possession for say 1 minute in the forwards is something they should train for. You know the opposition are going to compete massively at every ruck, you just need 2 pods of forwards plus backs if necessary, to rotate through a series of rucks. You don't even need to go forward, unless you are on your own line. Organisation and communication. Take an 'injury' break if necessary to make sure everyone knows the plan.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

07 November, 2017 08:21
Itís probably a myth that the sides who are best at closing out tight games win titles. The best sides are those that most regularly put games out of sight. Across a season Sarries, say, might have 5 games that are within a score either way in the last 5 minutes and they win 3 and lose 2. Bath might end up 2/3. Good sides budget for an act of god, an act of individual brilliance, a dodgy decision, or some misfortune with injury. Thereís a lot of luck involved in all of those events, however good you are.

MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

07 November, 2017 10:05
Quote:
Optimist
Itís probably a myth that the sides who are best at closing out tight games win titles. The best sides are those that most regularly put games out of sight. Across a season Sarries, say, might have 5 games that are within a score either way in the last 5 minutes and they win 3 and lose 2. Bath might end up 2/3. Good sides budget for an act of god, an act of individual brilliance, a dodgy decision, or some misfortune with injury. Thereís a lot of luck involved in all of those events, however good you are.

By my reckoning, it was 5/5 overall and 4/4 in the league for Bath last year. So far this year it's 2/2 in the league. If you add in the Scarlets and LI AW games, it looks a more rosy 4/2.

I'd hazard Sarries had only slightly less tight games, for instance they lost 5 times in the league of which 3 were in BP territory.Not wanting to state the obvious, of the remaining games, they just won more and lost less.

BATH supporter since 1975

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

07 November, 2017 10:43
Your right, I bet Sarries and Exeter (or whoever the top AP contenders are in a given year) would have won more games and lost fewer.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

07 November, 2017 10:45
[quote jayeatman] By my reckoning, it was 5/5 overall and 4/4 in the league for Bath last year. So far this year it's 2/2 in the league. If you add in the Scarlets and LI AW games, it looks a more rosy 4/2.[quote]

I'm lost - do you mean 5 for and 5 against or 5 out of 5? We finished high mid table so if its the former that is pretty much expected.

More of an issue for me isn't that we win / lose tight games against the good teams, its the fact that we lost lots against the lowest teams last year so either people raise their game against us or we don't currently have the correct tactics to really put the pressure on (unlike Exe and Sarries who smash those who give them a chance).

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

07 November, 2017 11:20
Quote:
BathMatt53
I saw the Tigers and Sarries results as positive wins rather than negative 'we nearly lost' moments. Besides which Tigers was a wierd one with all those players off.

All those players were off because of our usual panic and capitulation! Great opening 60-70 minutes but there was nothing positive about those last 10 vs Tigers. Had they not messed up their last lineout, they would have won, guaranteed. We were hugely lucky.

Quote:
B4thB4ck
just keeping possession for say 1 minute

That's asking a lot. We struggle to keep it for 30 seconds, let alone 1 minute.

by
by (IP Logged)

07 November, 2017 12:06
We do have a habit of making games close, even though we've denied a LBP in 4/7 wins, 2 of those 4 wins were closed out in the final 10 minutes.

Against Sarries we were behind until the 76th minute, and even then we were only 3 points ahead with Saracens edging patiently towards our try line before Roko gambled on an intercept 90m out.

Against Wasps, Burns only managed to take away their bonus point with a penalty 73 minutes in.

Out of the 3 losses, we lost 2 by a single point, both at the death.

In summary, we've only had 3 games where the result looked to be decided before the 70th minute.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2017 12:07 by by.

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

07 November, 2017 13:32
Quote:
by
We do have a habit of making games close, even though we've denied a LBP in 4/7 wins, 2 of those 4 wins were closed out in the final 10 minutes.
Against Sarries we were behind until the 76th minute, and even then we were only 3 points ahead with Saracens edging patiently towards our try line before Roko gambled on an intercept 90m out.

Against Wasps, Burns only managed to take away their bonus point with a penalty 73 minutes in.

In summary, we've only had 3 games where the result looked to be decided before the 70th minute.

It's a deliberate ploy to stop people leaving early

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

07 November, 2017 13:47
Quote:
by

Yes, you are correct but this is a feature of the AP this year there have been many similar results not necessarily involving us!

It seems there are only small differences between the clubs nowadays.

MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

07 November, 2017 15:01
[quote BathMatt53][quote jayeatman] By my reckoning, it was 5/5 overall and 4/4 in the league for Bath last year. So far this year it's 2/2 in the league. If you add in the Scarlets and LI AW games, it looks a more rosy 4/2.[quote]

I'm lost - do you mean 5 for and 5 against or 5 out of 5? We finished high mid table so if its the former that is pretty much expected.

More of an issue for me isn't that we win / lose tight games against the good teams, its the fact that we lost lots against the lowest teams last year so either people raise their game against us or we don't currently have the correct tactics to really put the pressure on (unlike Exe and Sarnies who smash those who give them a chance).[/quotes]

There were 10 matches in 2016/7 wehere the winning margin was less than 7pts, we won 5, lost 5. Please keep up!
The tight wins were against Northampton H & A, Exeter A, Sarries H & Tigers (H).
The tight losses were Exeter H, Newcastle A, Bristol A, Worcs A, Sale A

So yes, it was those last 4 losses that really hurt us.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

07 November, 2017 15:23
Quote:
DanWiley
Your right, I bet Sarries and Exeter (or whoever the top AP contenders are in a given year) would have won more games and lost fewer.

Hmmm ... you lost me at 'your' (sic).

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

07 November, 2017 15:35
[quote jayeatman][quote BathMatt53][quote jayeatman] By my reckoning, it was 5/5 overall and 4/4 in the league for Bath last year. So far this year it's 2/2 in the league. If you add in the Scarlets and LI AW games, it looks a more rosy 4/2.[quote]

More of an issue for me isn't that we win / lose tight games against the good teams, its the fact that we lost lots against the lowest teams last year so either people raise their game against us or we don't currently have the correct tactics to really put the pressure on (unlike Exe and Sarnies who smash those who give them a chance).[/quotes]

There were 10 matches in 2016/7 wehere the winning margin was less than 7pts, we won 5, lost 5. Please keep up!
The tight wins were against Northampton H & A, Exeter A, Sarries H & Tigers (H).
The tight losses were Exeter H, Newcastle A, Bristol A, Worcs A, Sale A

So yes, it was those last 4 losses that really hurt us.[/quote]

Then I'm afraid that we will have to agree to agree on those points. Which is unusual on this site.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

07 November, 2017 16:47
"Hmmm ... you lost me at 'your' (sic)."

Yeah, I find those homophones a @#$%&. Always surprised people get so distracted by it though, its really not the end of the world and I'd be surprised if many people found it that confusing.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

07 November, 2017 17:05
Quote:
DanWiley
"Hmmm ... you lost me at 'your' (sic)."
Yeah, I find those homophones a @#$%&. Always surprised people get so distracted by it though, its really not the end of the world and I'd be surprised if many people found it that confusing.

You accusing me of homophonia???? I'll have you know that some of my best friends are called Guy. How Dan dare you.

Mike the Taxi

07 November, 2017 19:16
Looks like they're having fun with their friends over there!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net