rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

Wales v Australia
09 November, 2017 11:08
Not the same same significance but Welsh team announced Faletau at 8 of course but Gatlands version of Eddie's playmaker 12 been announced.

Intersting side. Can't see it winning though, computer predicted result, Wales 20 Australia 24

Backs: Halfpenny (Scarlets); L Williams (Saracens), J Davies (Scarlets), O Williams (Gloucester), S Evans (Scarlets); Biggar (Ospreys), G Davies (Scarlets).

Forwards: R Evans (Scarlets), Owens (Scarlets), Francis (Exeter Chiefs), Ball (Scarlets), A W Jones (Ospreys, capt), Shingler (Scarlets), Navidi (Cardiff Blues), Faletau (Bath).

Replacements: Smith (Ospreys), Dacey (Cardiff Blues), Brown (Dragons), Cross (Ospreys), Hill (Dragons), A Davies (Scarlets), Watkin (Ospreys), Amos (Dragons).

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

Re: Wales v Australia
11 November, 2017 16:55
Choosing to watch this match rather than Ireland v SA. Want to see what our next opponents have got left after their win v NZ and a lot of travel...

Adopted players: 2017-18 T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 18:09
Decent game so far, but the pitch is in a shocking state. Grass left far too short so will just be mud in a couple of weeks.
Toby F having a shocker by his standards though!

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 18:11
Oh, and Eddie & Jiffy..... so, so, so one eyed.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 18:14
Quote:
Dorset Boy
Oh, and Eddie & Jiffy..... so, so, so one eyed.

Listening to Eddie and Stuart Barnes earlier just makes me realise how good Ben Kay, Healey etc are and how much I prefer the BT sport coverage to the Sky or BBC.

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 18:36
J Davies blatantly sticks an arm out and knocks on, no effort to catch it, and Jiffy claims he was clearly going for the catch - pathetic.

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 18:38
Kick from Biggar surely wrong side of corner flag.

Looks like Wales fall short again.

Trawling
Trawling (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 18:51
Gatland gets very touchy when people talk about Warrenball. But given the way Wales played today - quick linouts width on the ball off set piece little blokes with a step etc as a deliberate change its prettty obvious that even he knew! Funny to see plan B doesnt beat Aus either.

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 19:30
I think Gatland had a light bulb moment after the first Lions test.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 10:55
It's got a long way to go though, in many instances it was a demonstration in moving the ball laterally!!

I think the problem will be that they concede more tries, Shaun Edwards has his work cut out. Having said that England need work as well.

Gussieboy
Gussieboy (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 22:21
Quote:
Dorset Boy
J Davies blatantly sticks an arm out and knocks on, no effort to catch it, and Jiffy claims he was clearly going for the catch - pathetic.

I noticed that, seemed that everyone was unanimous in the commentary team that he was trying to catch it - seen yellow cards given for muchless and was surprised it was dismissed by all concerned! I reckon even Davies thought he was going, from his face and obvious avoidance of the ref!

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

13 November, 2017 11:34
Yep, they got away with that and the Halam Amos try was awarded when he lost contact as he was grounding it, the caption that goes with this is, 'Halam Amos scores his try' when the photo shows he has clearly lost contact with the ball.

In fairness the Curtley Beal try was a knock on as well as it happens, still an amazing bit of rugby though!!

https://i2-prod.walesonline.co.uk/incoming/article13890561.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/JS136135599.jpg

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

13 November, 2017 13:50
Clearly? Right hand seems in contact with the ball there...

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

13 November, 2017 14:02
Academic, but he was holding the ball in that hand, is he still in contact?

On another note, for all the talk of expansive rugby WG has called up Jamie Roberts!

by
by (IP Logged)

13 November, 2017 14:44
Scott Andrews called up as well

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

13 November, 2017 15:12
Quote:
by
Scott Andrews called up as well

Really chuffed for the bloke, have to say that I didnít know much about him but he has been a really pleasant surprise when he has stepped in this season. Solid in the scrum and a handful in the loose. Well done Scott!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net