rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

Team's up
09 November, 2017 11:38
Bath Rugby team to face Leicester Tigers

15. Tom Homer

14. Jack Wilson

13. Max Clark

12. Matt Banahan

11. Levi Davis

10. Freddie Burns

9. Max Green

1. Nick Auterac

2. Michael van Vuuren

3. Scott Andrews

4. Levi Douglas

5. James Phillips

6. Matt Garvey (c)

7. Josh Bayliss

8. Paul Grant

Replacements

16. Jack Walker

17. Will Vaughan

18. Sam Nixon

19. Elliott Stooke

20. Zach Mercer

21. Darren Allinson

22. Harry Davies

23. Darren Atkins

It's a Friday night, it's the AWC, it's raining, can I be ar$ed.......no

dr.bath1865
dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)

Re: Team's up
09 November, 2017 11:43
That's the spirit. Thanks for sharing.

Good looking team. Looking forward to seeing how Bayliss, Douglas and Davis go. And Green is given a go, which will be interesting. Apart from that, pretty experienced and some nice combinations.

Nice to see Clark in his natural position of 13. He's probably set to start there v Irish, with Taps at 12. Priestland may be back from international duty, too, by then so the backline has some options.

Leicester team looks a bit weaker than ours. So we should be in for a home win v Tigers!

incastrowetrust
Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)

09 November, 2017 11:45
Leicester Tigers (v Bath Rugby, away, Friday 7.45pm)
15 Harry Simmons - 19
14 Jonah Holmes - 25
13 Jordan Olowofela - 19
12 Charlie Thacker - 21
11 Adam Thompstone - 30
10 Tom Hardwick - 18
9 Ben White - 19
1 Kyle Traynor - 31
2 Harry Thacker (c) - 23
3 Chris Baumann - 30
4 Harry Wells - 24
5 Dan Tuohy - 32
6 Sam Lewis - 19
7 Tommy Reffell - 18
8 Fred Tuilagi - 21

Replacements
16 Jake Kerr
17 Owen Hills - 21
18 Ben Betts - 21
19 Joe Maksymiw - 22
20 Harry Mahoney - 19
21 Sam Wager - 18
22 Will Yarnell - 17
23 Ravai Fatiaki -

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2017 11:51 by Ayerza wannabe.

Shadders
Shadders (IP Logged)

09 November, 2017 12:06
Live on BT Sport....

Flying Scotsman
Flying Scotsman (IP Logged)

09 November, 2017 12:17
On paper we should win this quite easily. Which this season means we will undoubtedly struggle!!

Joking aside, Bath by 15+

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

09 November, 2017 12:28
Quote:
Shadders
Live on BT Sport....

Aah even more so...

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

09 November, 2017 12:40
Strong team given Dave Attwood, Ross Batty, Chris Cook, Tom Ellis, Taulupe Faletau, Jonathan Joseph, Shaun Knight, Max Lahiff, Josh Lewis, Francois Louw, Kane Palma-Newport, Rhys Priestland, Semesa Rokoduguni, Henry Thomas, Sam Underhill, Anthony Watson, Jeff Williams, Max Wright are all unavailable and the likes of Obano, Charteris, Tapuai and Perenise are rested.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

09 November, 2017 13:46
Clarke and Banahan in the centre. Bash bosh - lovely.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

09 November, 2017 13:48
Have I missed Levi Davis being given a contract? I didn't even think that he was in our academy? Max Green and Wright are on there already so I guess not? Seem unusual for a 'first team' fixture? Some (i.e. a lot) of their players look quite green as well.

Will be quite nice to just watch a game of rugby between two unfamiliar sides with not a lot at stake!

Danchinho
Danchinho (IP Logged)

09 November, 2017 14:37
Was it last year i watched this fixture and Freddy Burns gave Adam Hastings an absolute lesson in fly half play?

I probably don't know what i'm talking about.

HugoBoss
HugoBoss (IP Logged)

09 November, 2017 15:34
BathMatt, no you haven't missed it. I asked this via the Chronicle webchat last week and apparently he is still without a contract. He's in his 2nd year at Bath Uni so training with the team when he can and is very enthusiastic to do so.

To me, we need some young wingers coming through as it seems we only really have Harry Davies and he has had very limited game time too. Davis seems well regarded and the fact he was chosen ahead of contracted players last week, again this week means the club must see something in him? I'd sign him up myself, he seems promising.

Nice side btw, we must have a few tries in that line up and I hope it also offers the coaches a few headaches now we have Homer and Garvey back, Burns keen to impress etc. Hope its a good match and I find a way to see it given I only have Freeview....

Adopted Player 2017-18.....Semesa "Freak of Nature" Rokoduguni

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

09 November, 2017 15:58
Pretty sure there are Anglo Welsh highlights on Sunday evening Channel 5.

Highlights of the London Irish game are on youtube.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2017 16:11 by shipwrecked.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

09 November, 2017 17:27
Be nice to win, but at the end of the day few really care that much. More important that we don't pick up any more injuries.

Decided to give this one a miss.

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

09 November, 2017 17:38
As per last week a win is simply a bonus. Glad this one is televised as it'll be good to see how some of our younger lads mix with senior players. Personally keeping a keen eye on Bayliss, Green and the Levis.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

10 November, 2017 07:32
I just read that Harry Davies has actually left Leeds after his loan spell - thought he was just on a dual registration and was playing this match for us. Anyone know how he got on there? In their match reports (I looked at the 6 most recent) I can see that Homer has played a couple but not Davies (not even on the bench). Injured?

I also note from their thread on the Max boys they consider Homer to be better - looking forward to seeing Max Green play this eve.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net