rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Stopsy
Stopsy (IP Logged)

I am seriously chuffed with that result
10 November, 2017 21:35
Well done to Bath, you won the game.

I am so proud how our team performed tonight and to lose by 2 points to that Bath squad is a truly great result for us.

It was a good game to watch too.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

Re: I am seriously chuffed with that result
10 November, 2017 21:42
Your kids played well, just got beasted by Auterac and a bigger second row in the end. Generally opportunistic tries, but well analysed and finished. Credit to your coaches, always had all the time in the world for Murphy, arguably the best Prem fullback ever.

Stopsy
Stopsy (IP Logged)

10 November, 2017 21:45
We'll not be the last scrum to be beasted by Auterac from my observation.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

10 November, 2017 21:49
Quote:
Stopsy
Well done to Bath, you won the game.
I am so proud how our team performed tonight and to lose by 2 points to that Bath squad is a truly great result for us.

It was a good game to watch too.

Truly great result? Well obviously not. Good performance from a young team though, for sure.

Stopsy
Stopsy (IP Logged)

10 November, 2017 21:53
In my opinion it was, opinions differ, many on our site reckoned a bp win was guaranteed to Bath when we saw the squads.

In any case, enjoy the win as ultimately that is the measure of success.

I was more looking to the future.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

10 November, 2017 22:00
...and so you should, some talented kids there (as usual). Tigers have always had a very large and very strong academy.

BathPatriot
BathPatriot (IP Logged)

10 November, 2017 23:21
We won. Your kids did well though.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 00:24
If I was a coach, I would feel very much happier with the committed, intelligent, skillful play of the basically callow Leicester side than the dross served up by many of the much more experienced, physically stronger Bath side. Some of those Bath players just think all they have to do is run out onto the pitch at the Rec and the opposition will just lie down and let us walk through them. How the differing attitudes showed and in particular in the first half, how more physically committed the Leicester youngsters were.

Well played Tigers, you have some real talent on show there who want to learn and perform, unlike some of the Bath side.

wetside
wetside (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 00:38
Been drinking again Bob?

Substitute
Substitute (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 01:02
If I was a Leicester kids (and once upon a time I was) I'd be buzzing...

(I don't think these games are representative of the Prem in any way and I don't see much value in extrapolating from it.)

But yeah, for those kids that must have felt really good and will give them the confidence that they can cut it against experienced players.

Good for them, I hope (for England) it helps them kick on.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 01:07
Funnily enough we're even more chuffed!!

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 08:17
Quote:
Bathovalballer
If I was a coach, I would feel very much happier with the committed, intelligent, skillful play of the basically callow Leicester side than the dross served up by many of the much more experienced, physically stronger Bath side. Some of those Bath players just think all they have to do is run out onto the pitch at the Rec and the opposition will just lie down and let us walk through them. How the differing attitudes showed and in particular in the first half, how more physically committed the Leicester youngsters were.
Well played Tigers, you have some real talent on show there who want to learn and perform, unlike some of the Bath side.

No grunt from the pack BoB.
That last 10 minutes the Bath players just rolled over and had their tummies tickled.

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 10:21
Great stuff from the Tigger young players, individually and collectively though for me the real star in the white shirt was Thomstone. Always rated the guy but last night he really added leadership to his kitbag

reg41
reg41 (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 12:33
Agree Thompstone was excellent and never seems to have a bad game, quality player, Leicesterís youngsters will be a force to reckon with in the future so although we didnít play particularly well and made a few errors ,to win in the way we did at the end as opposed to losing as with Falcons and Glos was a big step forward and a big plus, wish the doom and gloom merchants would lighten up a bit.

North5hark
North5hark (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 13:04
Quote:
ballsout

Real in depth analysis as always.

Now, do tell how many minutes of the game did the Bath front row play?

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 13:12
What... difference does that make?

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 13:39
Quote:
North5hark
Quote:
ballsout

Real in depth analysis as always.

Now, do tell how many minutes of the game did the Bath front row play?

A full timeline for the match including substitutions is available here North5hark

[www.bathrugby.com]

No charge.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net