rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

OT Blooky Floating Adverts !!!
12 November, 2017 22:02
I know that the adverts pay for this great forum but surely the SportNetwork boffins can fix it so the ads don't display over the top of the content (postings). The site is now close to unusable on iPad Chrome and Safari.

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

Re: OT Blooky Floating Adverts !!!
13 November, 2017 07:05
I agree, particularly for anyone who uses a company phone whose IT policies mean we cannot download ad blockers or anything else which could help avoid them.

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

13 November, 2017 07:31

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

13 November, 2017 07:40
See the post below from Coochie Coo that appeared in nthe annoying ads thread, type this into your browser and see how you go...

"I use m.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s105.htm?1469 on both laptop and iPad which is less intrusive than the www address no side ads only one ad at the foot of the page."

Adopted players: 2017-18 T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Bathbadger (IP Logged)

13 November, 2017 08:45
1blocker app on your ipad will remove the ads. I use ABP blocker add-on on Firefox and also get not adds on my laptop.

Cheers,

Rich

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

13 November, 2017 09:24
Quote:
Clarkey3k
See the post below from Coochie Coo that appeared in nthe annoying ads thread, type this into your browser and see how you go...
"I use m.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s105.htm?1469 on both laptop and iPad which is less intrusive than the www address no side ads only one ad at the foot of the page."

Use this link and you only get one ad at the foot of the thread and another below the navigation bar at the foot of the page.

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

13 November, 2017 09:44
Thanks all.

For my next question anyone know how you can stop web sites form turning up the volume on your laptop speakers. Very embarrassing when you take a sneaky peek at the Cricket score in work and get assailed with the 'I feel like Chicken Tonight' advert at full volume (well maybe not exactly that one as its no longer 1992).

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

13 November, 2017 09:59
It's annoying, but good grief the Chron site is worse.

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

13 November, 2017 10:01
Quote:
hasta
It's annoying, but good grief the Chron site is worse.

I would say it's not fit for purpose...

Adopted players: 2017-18 T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

guernseyfan
guernseyfan (IP Logged)

13 November, 2017 12:03
Agreed, the Chron site has become unusable.

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

13 November, 2017 12:16
Why would anyone go to the Chron site when helpful folks post the interesting links here ?

MESSAGES->author
TCM2007 (IP Logged)

13 November, 2017 13:54
Quote:
Beergoggles
Thanks all.
For my next question anyone know how you can stop web sites form turning up the volume on your laptop speakers. Very embarrassing when you take a sneaky peek at the Cricket score in work and get assailed with the 'I feel like Chicken Tonight' advert at full volume (well maybe not exactly that one as its no longer 1992).

Hmm, AFAIK a web page can't change the volume setting on your computer. They can include audio set to the loudest you can make a file go.

Audio played in a page defaults to 100%, and while the page can reduce it it can't increase it above 100%.

Stuart

Former ed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/11/2017 13:57 by TCM2007.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

13 November, 2017 14:01
Quote:
Beergoggles
Why would anyone go to the Chron site when helpful folks post the interesting links here ?

Because the links are to the Chron website?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net