rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

Re: England v Australia
18 November, 2017 16:55
The look on Chieka's face almost as good as the result itself.

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

18 November, 2017 17:29
That was funny, harsh on Australia, but ref was right on his decisions.

Has the camera man got a thing for Hooper.

Just watching Scotland, theyve given it to Carley so must be rated. 3-0 after 32mins

MESSAGES->author
joethefanatic (IP Logged)

18 November, 2017 17:48
Quote:
woodpecker
That was funny, harsh on Australia, but ref was right on his decisions.
Has the camera man got a thing for Hooper.

Just watching Scotland, theyve given it to Carley so must be rated. 3-0 after 32mins

Jocks playing fabulpusly. I hope they can keep it going cos if they do they've a great chance of winning

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

MESSAGES->author

18 November, 2017 17:52
And Carley reffing excellently. Very hot on release and NZ aren't listening to him smiling smiley

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

18 November, 2017 18:17
Game out of Scotland's reach now. ABs defence saved them, another side might have conceded 20 points in the first half.

I see the Welsh squeaked past Georgia....

MESSAGES->author
Toast and Marmite (IP Logged)

18 November, 2017 19:57
ABs looked fairly ordinary for most of that game.

"No sprinkles. For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you."

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

18 November, 2017 20:09
Refreshing to see a ref who awards penalties for players going beyond the ruck and obstructing defenders.

One of my pet hates and something the All Blacks did a lot of when The Invisible Man was in the team.

Thought Carley reffed the game and not the shirt. Enjoyed Scotland's endeavour, often the plucky losers but they will continue to win neutral fans playing like that.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

18 November, 2017 23:44
I think England were somewhat fortunate and the scoreline is no reflection of the game.

Also, Eddie goes on about Roko's defence but that and his handling has to be better than Johnny May who I thought was dreadful, always fumbling the ball and never stopping his man in the tackle. Hey ho but what do I know?

Apart from Launchbury who looked really good, Lawes sometimes and the same with Itoje, generally the performance of the England side was pretty average. We never seemed to get a drive on in the scrum, even when Australia were reduced to 13, in fact they scored when their two were off the field and we couldn't. Vunipola's scrummaging was as poor as ever and his opposite number Sio, ran around the field and tackled and carried like a back row. Obviously his propping was not very arduous and what does Cole contribute away from the scrum? Time we found a replacement along with one or two others if we have any true hope and aspirations of winning a World Cup.

I hope Underhill is ok. It is very worrying the number of times he gets a bang on the head and has to leave the field.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

19 November, 2017 08:57
Good job the ref was a'homer' eh BoB?

cb2
cb2 (IP Logged)

19 November, 2017 11:22
They have some huge backs and got found out when the game broke up. I think Australia are in for a tough couple of years if they continue with that backline.

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

19 November, 2017 11:29
Quote:
cb2
They have some huge backs and got found out when the game broke up. I think Australia are in for a tough couple of years if they continue with that backline.

Beale, Kerevi and Koroibete played well (especially the latter). But Kuridrani passes less than Brown, Horne adds little apart from his canon boot, Foley is a bit hit and miss and Genia was poor yesterday. They certainly miss Folau and he's huge! So I'm not so sure it's the size of the back line letting them down so much as the balance.

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

19 November, 2017 11:30
Thought Australia were the better side for 60 of the 80mins in the match whilst England were excellent for the final 10mins. Danny Care must start v Samoa; Lunchbox deserved MOTM, JJ never stopped working, Watson looked solid and sharp at the back. Would like to see a different starting side v Samoa, specifically Farrell 10, Slade 12, Roko 14 and the fringe/finishers in the pack to start. The EJ bandwagon continues, all aboard!

Adopted players: 2017-18 T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

19 November, 2017 11:59
Only saw the highlights and will need to review them but the Qssie centres looked to cut through the middle a bit too easily for my liking!

Man from LA
Man from LA (IP Logged)

19 November, 2017 12:47
Quote:
Substitute
I think Farrell's belligerence is not good news for Hartley's captainship...

Footballer waves his arms and screams at the ref about a decision = disrespecting the ref and to be sneered at.

Rugby player does it = a trait to make him next England captain.

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

19 November, 2017 12:57
Currently being re-shown on BBC2 - Brian Moore commentating

Hercules Spoons
Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)

19 November, 2017 13:21
I thought Beale should have been shown a red for challenging the ref when he was carded

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

19 November, 2017 15:52
Quote:
Hercules Spoons
I thought Beale should have been shown a red for challenging the ref when he was carded

I would certainly like to see more done about this. Creeping into the game at an alarming rate.

Substitute
Substitute (IP Logged)

19 November, 2017 16:26
Quote:
Man from LA
Quote:
Substitute

Footballer waves his arms and screams at the ref about a decision = disrespecting the ref and to be sneered at.

I believe he was talking to the ref in his capacity as captain?

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

19 November, 2017 20:26
Quote:
Substitute
Quote:
Man from LA
Quote:
Substitute

The refs are strong enough to tell the players to be quiet when needed and threaten yellow when players disrespect them - the player learn soon enough.

Substitute
Substitute (IP Logged)

19 November, 2017 20:38
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
Substitute
Quote:
Man from LA
Quote:
Substitute

The refs are strong enough to tell the players to be quiet when needed and threaten yellow when players disrespect them - the player learn soon enough.

The refs are also strong enough to ignore them.

But this wasn't Farrell whingeing at a random decision. He was speaking to the ref in his function as Captain. He might have come across as an @#$%&, but he achieved the desired outcome.

Richie McCaw was a pain in the @#$%& for years, yet that's partly why he was such a great captain.

cb2
cb2 (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 09:01
What was Beale on about anyway? It was a text book yellow from him. He's a guy with all the skills but, as the Daly try showed, he makes costly errors. I am not sure whether he gets into their best side.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 11:16
Quote:
cb2
What was Beale on about anyway? It was a text book yellow from him. He's a guy with all the skills but, as the Daly try showed, he makes costly errors. I am not sure whether he gets into their best side.

Deliberately putting pressure on the referee. The way soccer players crowd a ref at times. Makes him doubt/think again next time.

cb2
cb2 (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 11:24
Maybe they should consider adding an extra 5 minutes to those who argue with the yellow cards.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 11:30
Quote:
cb2
Maybe they should consider adding an extra 5 minutes to those who argue with the yellow cards.

They could already give an extra 10m, couldn't they?

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 11:56
Sorry for the delay - but I only noticed this morning.
Aus nabbed the Raeburn Shield of the All Blacks in the 3rd and final Bledisloe Cup match of the year; then defended it against Wales; and handed it over to England.
So we've got to defend the shield against Samoa, and then hopefully carry it through the 6N!

[www.raeburnshield.com]

For those who don't know:
The Raeburn Shield is a Challenge Trophy to be put up by the current holder, or defender, in every match it plays home or away (in the same manner as a world boxing title). The winner would either remain or become the holder.

It stretches back in this manner from the very first game of International Rugby Union in 1871 between Scotland and England played at Raeburn Place in Edinburgh (Hence the name).

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

Lee Bideaux
Armchair Fan (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 12:23
[Commentator]: "You've got to feel sorry for Australia..."
[me]: "No."

I like turtles.

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 17:19
[www.bbc.co.uk] Cheika to be investigated

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 17:30
Quote:
Mike the Taxi
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42058084 Cheika to be investigated

What a man. Completely unhinged.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 18:46
"Deliberately putting pressure on the referee. The way soccer players crowd a ref at times. Makes him doubt/think again next time."

When I've reffed, players that do that just put my back up. I'm far more likely to second guess myself if the captain has a quite, polite word.

MESSAGES->author

20 November, 2017 21:23
Quote:
BathBurger
Quote:
Mike the Taxi
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42058084 Cheika to be investigated

What a man. Completely unhinged.

He's doing his job by making the story about him not the loss of the game and his players deficiencies. Absolutely SOP.

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

MESSAGES->author
Garbageman (IP Logged)

21 November, 2017 00:04
Cheika, not unhinged, just a man that has been beaten by a mate 5 times in a row now (and with a slightly unfortunate demeanour, but he can't help the face he was born with).

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net