rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

Glaws v Sarries at Kingsholm
17 November, 2017 23:12
Just checked on this to find out score - at h/t and 10 mins from end. What a game! Sarries looked a bit shell shocked esp when their kicker missed an easy one!

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

Re: Glaws v Sarries at Kingsholm
18 November, 2017 06:10
Chokers. Exeter and Sarries would never do that.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

18 November, 2017 07:17
Gloucester seem to be turning a corner under their highly rated head coach. They are a real possibility for top 6 so it’s all to play for.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

18 November, 2017 07:38
Puts our performance against Glos in perspective?

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

18 November, 2017 07:42
The issue there was that we were at home BnG where Glos hardly ever won. Their home record is excellent. Any team in this league will be (or should be at least) hard to beat at home.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

18 November, 2017 08:14
Thought Glos played well and seem likely to finish above us.

Thought Dixon had a decent first game as a PL ref as well.

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

dr.bath1865
dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)

18 November, 2017 08:51
The league is so competitive and entirely unpredictable. There are no guarantees. Makes it great to watch but hard to support a team.

Substitute
Substitute (IP Logged)

18 November, 2017 09:13
Quote:
BathMatt53
Chokers. Exeter and Sarries would never do that.

thumbs down

annie blackthorn

18 November, 2017 11:10
BathMatt - Could you clarify your comment - as I'm confused! Glaws came from behind and won. (Sm105)

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

18 November, 2017 12:17
Quote:
annie blackthorn
BathMatt - Could you clarify your comment - as I'm confused! Glaws came from behind and won. (Sm105)

Sorry Annie, it was a nod towards those who, when Bath lost against Glos said that this was something that Sarries would never do....then they did it. Was just being a bit playful.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

18 November, 2017 20:36
Quote:
BathMatt53
The issue there was that we were at home BnG where Glos hardly ever won. Their home record is excellent. Any team in this league will be (or should be at least) hard to beat at home.

I don't know the odds, but I doubt if many would have expected Glos to have turned over Sarries, home or not, given the recent historic differences between the teams.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

18 November, 2017 20:42
Totally agree BnG but every weekend there seems to be an ‘unusual’ result. For example Saints getting stuffed by a team who has lost all of their prem games. The AIs do make a huge difference though, Worcs (with Hougaard*) haven’t been hurt as many as other teams.

*as an aside, if Kahn goes I would love us to try and get him.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

18 November, 2017 21:35
When there’s a pattern in surprise results (Glos turn over Ex and Sarries) should we wonder when they mug us and should we give our team more credit for almost pulling it off??

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

18 November, 2017 23:50
No Boldngrey as we stopped playing and Glos didn't as they wanted it more.

Not sure but I think Glaws beat Sarries at CG last season. But they truly played very well after defending for their lives in the first half and continued to charge forward in the second half to come back and score 20 points to win. Thought one or two Sarries players looked a little surprised by Glaws efforts and the result. Well played Glaws.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

19 November, 2017 01:41
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
annie blackthorn

Sorry Annie, it was a nod towards those who, when Bath lost against Glos said that this was something that Sarries would never do....then they did it. Was just being a bit playful.

When Sarries do it over and over over and over again, you might have a point.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

19 November, 2017 06:34
Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
annie blackthorn

BO I think that you need to check their last 3 results:

- Last second loss to quins
- Loss to Sale (Sarries leading 19-3 at HT)
- Loss to Glos (Sarries leading at HT)

Is 3 not enough to have a point?

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

19 November, 2017 07:56
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
annie blackthorn

BO I think that you need to check their last 3 results:

- Last second loss to quins
- Loss to Sale (Sarries leading 19-3 at HT)
- Loss to Glos (Sarries leading at HT)

Is 3 not enough to have a point?

How many of those were at home?

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

19 November, 2017 08:08
OMG its like arguing with my wife, there can never be a point, no matter how stark and how much the facts back it up, that is accepted can there?!

They have had a poor set of 3 results. They have been ahead in all 3 games. They lost all 3 games. The point was made that Sarries never surrender a winning position and that they always close out games. They have done exactly that in the past 3 games. There are reasons such as lack of internationals, AW games etc but the facts are there on the results sheets...

(Exeter appear to be a different matter)

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

19 November, 2017 08:54
Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
annie blackthorn

Deleted.
Responded to wrong post.
Apologies!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/11/2017 13:19 by Boldangrey.

annie blackthorn

19 November, 2017 10:11
fgs I started this as a fancy that thread, not an excuse for an argybargy! (Sm16)

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

19 November, 2017 13:18
Quote:
Bathovalballer
No Boldngrey as we stopped playing and Glos didn't as they wanted it more.
Not sure but I think Glaws beat Sarries at CG last season. But they truly played very well after defending for their lives in the first half and continued to charge forward in the second half to come back and score 20 points to win. Thought one or two Sarries players looked a little surprised by Glaws efforts and the result. Well played Glaws.

We didn't stop playing, our decision making was poor. Glos stayed focused and error free.

That has nothing to do with 'wanting it'.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net