rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Ali1969
Ali1969 (IP Logged)

Scotland v NZ
18 November, 2017 21:53
What a game - well done Scotland. I have critiscised Matt Carley on many occasions however he has matured and improved so much today I thought he was excellent and if you criticise someone you have to be big enough to acknowledge when someone has improved and has a superb game - I hope this is not a one off and this is the Matt Carley of the future.

Great game and well done all concerned.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

Re: Scotland v NZ
18 November, 2017 22:23
Quote:
Ali1969
What a game - well done Scotland. I have critiscised Matt Carley on many occasions however he has matured and improved so much today I thought he was excellent and if you criticise someone you have to be big enough to acknowledge when someone has improved and has a superb game - I hope this is not a one off and this is the Matt Carley of the future.
Great game and well done all concerned.

+1

He went through a bad patch, but has become a very good ref and did a good job today.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

18 November, 2017 22:56
If Bath could replicate the fantastic backs play of Scotland/Glasgow we would be in business but we probably need a good backs coach to do so. If they can avoid too many injuries they could get a few scalps in the 6 Nations.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

19 November, 2017 08:59
Are Bath in the 6 Nations?

BathPatriot
BathPatriot (IP Logged)

19 November, 2017 10:05
Can we sigh Hogg?? He was great. Scots played well no doubt but Blacks still won.

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

19 November, 2017 19:18
[www.bbc.co.uk] NZ get away with Carley's Refereeing

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 10:30
I did think that Carley had a generally pretty good game.

Should have actually held his bottle on the Naholo tackle in the air though. For me you need to be consistent with the rules and regardless of his severe the fall of the player it should not be that if they land on their upper back/neck it is a yellow or red and flat on their back just a penalty. Annoying that the TMO talked him out of that.

He could have also been a bit quicker to yellow the AB's when they deliberately killed Scotland's ball in the last 13 minutes or so. TJ Perenara completely killed quick Scottish ball when they had made a break which was stopped a metre or so from the line and that somehow went unnoticed until Crockett made it too easy for Carley to brandish a yellow.

That article is interesting as well as I did think there was a hand from Read to knock the ball out of Gray's hands there and that could have really changed the game completely as would have definitely been another yellow.

Shame for Scotland but it once again proves that as well as being the finest attacking team in the world, the ABs do know how to cheat well when they have their backs against the wall.

Adopted players: 2017-18 Shaun Knight

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 11:19
Interesting the attrition rate.

Scotland threw themselves ay everything and consequently had more casualties.

NZ absorbed the pressure/hits better.

cb2
cb2 (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 11:22
Where is Russell going to?

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 14:10
a 'once in a lifetime opportunity' surely means a massive pay day at Toulon.

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 14:33
Quote:
Dorset Boy
a 'once in a lifetime opportunity' surely means a massive pay day at Toulon.

Not so sure on it being Toulon. Given their previous for making well known 10's their big money signings I would suggest Racing instead.

Sexton and Carter went and earned more than a pretty penny and given Russell is younger would be worth a crack. Plus he single handedly ran them ragged with his attacking arsenal when the two met in the Champions cup last year so I suspect that may have left an impression!

Adopted players: 2017-18 Shaun Knight

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 16:15
Smart move by SRU to have the AB's sing their national anthem in the dark, w/out a band or amplifiers, v quiet moment. The home crowd gave big voice FOS. Other unions should adopt this tactic...

Adopted players: 2017-18 T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

ChippenhamRoman
ChippenhamRoman (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 16:30
Quote:
Clarkey3k
Smart move by SRU to have the AB's sing their national anthem in the dark, w/out a band or amplifiers, v quiet moment. The home crowd gave big voice FOS. Other unions should adopt this tactic...

Also the drowning out of the Haka with chants of SCOTLAND, SCOTLAND, SCOTLAND from the fans.

Well done Murrayfield.

J

Susanne
Susanne (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 16:31
Quote:
Clarkey3k

And Doddie Weir bringing the match ball on totally took the sting out of the Haka - but would rather he didn't have the reason to.

Thought Carley made a lot more sense when you could hear him and had a good game - note to self, buy a Ref Link for the next home game.

Gutted that we couldn't quite pull it off though!

http://i63.tinypic.com/34hhulf.jpg
Proud to adopt one of our stars of the future

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net