rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
dr.bath1865
dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)

v Quins
20 November, 2017 15:07
So following our demolition of L Irish, what are we expecting this weekend?

I have a suspicion that now Underhill is out, Mercer might find a seat on the England bench. So we might be looking at Bayliss getting his first start and A N Other stepping up to the bench.

It'd be a real bonus if Eddie fancied giving the other 'apprentice' M Smith a bench spot, too, as he looked very sharp for Quins yesterday. I'd expect J George to start, but maybe Dunn to get a bench spot?

Roko will probably be benched if not get a start this week, which is such a shame as we miss his pace and devil.

It'd be great to see Tapuai and/or Clark back, Priestland maybe too, if he isn't needed by Wales' 1st XV versus the All Blacks.

I'd go with a team something like:
Homer, Wilson, Clarke, Tapuai, Brew, Burns, Kahn
Grant, Bayliss, Garvey, Stooke, Charteris, Perenise, Walker, Obano
Banahan, Priestland, Cook, Philips, Douglas, Lahiff, Auterac, VV.

HugoBoss
HugoBoss (IP Logged)

Re: v Quins
20 November, 2017 15:26
Possibly yes, unsure if Blackadder would completely change the centres however? I'd keep Banners in there with Tapuai in alongside him. Great to have Homer back in the side I must add (I hope he's fit for Saturday), and Atkins looked sharp off the bench when called upon.

Given its Samoa up next it may well be that we're without Kahn so hopefully Cook would be ready to start should he be required and Green come back into the team on the bench? Its going to be a step up from Irish so Todd has some thinking to do after the weekend after so flat a performance.

Adopted Player 2017-18.....Semesa "Freak of Nature" Rokoduguni

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 15:32
Quote:
HugoBoss
Possibly yes, unsure if Blackadder would completely change the centres however? I'd keep Banners in there with Tapuai in alongside him. Great to have Homer back in the side I must add (I hope he's fit for Saturday), and Atkins looked sharp off the bench when called upon.
Given its Samoa up next it may well be that we're without Kahn so hopefully Cook would be ready to start should he be required and Green come back into the team on the bench? Its going to be a step up from Irish so Todd has some thinking to do after the weekend after so flat a performance.

You would have Banners or Tapuai playing out of position at 13? I would probably prefer Taps at 12, Wilson (or even Brew) at 13 and Banners on the wing if that was all we were left with (i.e. Clark is unavailable)?

ShortyinBurnham
ShortyinBurnham (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 15:34
We will have Kahn as he said to the Chronicle that he won't be called up, but even if he was he would say no as he hadn't been with the team for the whole tour and thought it would not be fair on the guys who had been there from the start.

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 16:08
I don't see Zach Mercer or Marcus Smith getting a spot for England. There is still Simmonds to test as well as Farrell who is likely to get some game time at 10 with Slade coming back in I reckon.

For me it shouldn't matter what side we put out too much as Quins, bar Marcus Smith magic, looked pretty ordinary and lethargic against Chiefs yesterday. All of their scores came from one man only and some uncharacteristic Chiefs errors imo.

We should definitely try and put our best pack out though as they are extremely underpowered there and look vulnerable at scrum time. Past that I see Burns matching Smith for inspirational moments and the rest of our backline has more experience and bulk so their outside players will spend the rest of the game tackling or being hit hard.

Our mistakes are the only thing that will give this game away imo. If we punish ourselves they have opportunists who can punish us like Visser.

Adopted players: 2017-18 Shaun Knight; 2018-19 Jonathan Joseph

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 16:16
Fighting talk Big Dog. You may find a few on here that don't share your optimism.

I suspect this will be unseemly arm wrestle with very little in it. Bath by a couple, plus a couple more if its raining hard and we can stick it up our jumper.

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 16:22
They ran Exeter very close over the weekend. Although Exeter fans will say that Exe were not at their best etc. etc. Bring it on!

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 16:25
Spoke to someone who was at Sandy Park and he reckons Quinn's will comfortably turn us over based upon how they played against the Chiefs.

From what I saw in Reading and our recent home form I couldn't disagree with him.

Tom Dunn - Adopted player 2018/19

MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 16:29
My Glaws-supporting goldfish reckons Bath by 50.

BATH supporter since 1975

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams

by
by (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 16:46
Underhill, Watson and T. Homer will definitely not be available to us. Dunn, Ewels, JJ and Roko are all maybes.

Having Tapuai back will be a big boost, even more so if Clark can start alongside him.

We could really do with some luck on the injury front though.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 16:46
Quote:
jayeatman
My Glaws-supporting goldfish reckons Bath by 50.

OK, I've got to ask, how do you know your goldfish is a Glaws supporter?? Oh just realised perhaps its red and black.

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 16:52
Quote:
OutsideBath
Spoke to someone who was at Sandy Park and he reckons Quinn's will comfortably turn us over based upon how they played against the Chiefs.
From what I saw in Reading and our recent home form I couldn't disagree with him.

Watch the BT Sport highlights of the Chiefs game and you'll see that Exeter's mistakes and a couple of lucky bouncers were all that kept Quins in it. They didn't really threaten the try line much bar this. See below for example...

[sport.bt.com]

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 16:59
Quote:
OutsideBath

Our recent home form being W3, L1?

Worcester: Bath won 29 - 13
Treviso: Bath won 23 - 0
Glos: Bath lost 21 - 22
Tigers: Bath won 33 - 31

They put in a decent shift at Sandy Park and will be no pushovers but we have to start favourites at the Rec? I don't think that we have been 'comfortably' turned over at home for some time (Wasps last year?).

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 17:05
To be honest I prefer not to watch the Chiefs so will stick with what I was told by someone who was there.

2 home AP defeats and struggling wins over Worcs and Treviso isn't good in my book. The AW game doesn't really count.

Hopefully their young FH will be called up by Eddie as he sounds to be quite a handful.

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 17:43
Quote:
OutsideBath
BoB says that every week though, so...
Quote:
by
Underhill, Watson and T. Homer will definitely not be available to us. Dunn, Ewels, JJ and Roko are all maybes.
Homer's out? I thought he left the pitch with a failed HIA? Has he already failed part of the return-to-play?
Underhill certainly needs to stand down for a few weeks

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=608
RAEBURN SHIELD

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 20/11/2017 17:47 by Which Tyler.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 18:12
I saw the Exeter v Quins game and certainly, Quins went to Exeter with the plan to run virtually everything they could at the Chiefs. With their pacy backs along with Marcus Smith's intuitive, clever play, they could and should have won. They had two tries dissallowed which would have won them the game. They certainly rattled the Chiefs into making errors and the Exe defense was certainly tested to its full and was often left scrambling.

Bath had better take note and need to pick speed and be very accurate indeed or we will lose.

Smith IMO is much better than G Ford was at 18 and has a tremendous future in front of him. He is very self assured and led the line very well, varying his play exceptionally well and included a very clever short kick over the top, like Freddie does. He will need watching and marking like a hawk.

This is a must win game for Bath, and it is about time we really put a side away with a truly dominant display. C'mon Bath you have it all to do.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 18:23
Can you mark a hawk?

Marcus Smith is very green but clearly a massive talent and should have a very bright future in the game.

MESSAGES->author
Rawce (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 18:32
Homer went off with a pectoral injury according to the Chron.

by
by (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 20:18
Quote:
Rawce

Getting scanned tomorrow IIRC so sounds like he'll be out a while.

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 21:02
Quote:
Rawce
Thank you

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=608
RAEBURN SHIELD

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

20 November, 2017 23:40
From the extended highlights I thought we looked quite lumbering & uncreative against LI & we could so easily have lost. With so many influential players missing. I fear we may struggle against a team that is close to us in the table & look to have considerably more try scoring ability. Hopefully we cab gain another narrow win but it wonít be through scintillating attacking play.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

21 November, 2017 07:34
Iím not sure thatís entirely fair about the coming week, we just need to ensure that we play the players who can make that happen, like Tapuai (if heís available).

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

21 November, 2017 08:47
Quote:
BathMatt53
Iím not sure thatís entirely fair about the coming week, we just need to ensure that we play the players who can make that happen, like Tapuai (if heís available).

+1. If Homer & Tapuai are fit it could change things. Otherwise we are really lacking pace against a pacey team.

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

21 November, 2017 10:27
I really don't think we need to worry. Quins starting pack on Saturday was as follows and when compared to our starting lineup I'd say the below is fair;
1. Lambert - Obano/Auterac is better
2. Ward - Possibly equal to Dunn
3. Collier - Very good young player but Perenise more experienced
4. Matthews - Stooke is better imo
5. Horwill - Charteris a match for Horwill
6. J Chisholm - Garvey more experienced Premiership operator and better as it stands
7. Ben Glynn - Zach Mercer superior presence in all facets
8. Luamanu - Perhaps the only one where I may take the Quins fella over Grant at a push. Mind you Luamanu does not look great past 55/60 mins

On that basis and given the considerably stronger forwards on the bench we have there should be no issue here.
Our backs as well have a far more experienced edge to them and if nothing else will trouble their midfield channel where they are looking quite weak with the injuries and absences they have! If we get Priestland, Taps and Clark back then we potentially will be much stronger than them - albeit they may get back Roberts I guess.

I really have no fear about this Saturday though you guys, wish a few more people saw that we should be fine!

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

21 November, 2017 16:23
Quins have scored quite a few tries this season and we don't exactly have a water tight defence. Without Roko where are the 3 or 4 tries we need to win the game going to come from?

deadlyfrom5yardsout
Scaramouche (IP Logged)

21 November, 2017 16:38
Quin in Peace.

I don't know how you guys are faring injury wise but the side we put out against Chiefs was full of newbies and development players with several Internationals missing as well.

Could be a good time to be playing us.

Lets hope its a good game and tight result although with Craig Maxwell-Keys officiating, who knows?

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Bolly-Quin
Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)

21 November, 2017 16:47
I believe Carl Sinckler might be available to play v Bath, if not selected by EJ/England. You might have underestimated a few Quins, especially Chisholm and Matthews: your scrum has a little more experience, perhaps.

Looking forward to a weekend in Bath with son, who's now a Bath fan, having started Uni there...

(Sm128)

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

21 November, 2017 17:37
Quote:
Scaramouche
Quin in Peace.
I don't know how you guys are faring injury wise but the side we put out against Chiefs was full of newbies and development players with several Internationals missing as well.

Lets hope its a good game and tight result although with Craig Maxwell-Keys officiating, who knows?

We've got an equally lengthy unavailable list as Quins, if not even worse. The difference is Blackadder never brings it up post-match and so it isn't talked about, unlike Kingston who offers Quins' injury list as an excuse every twelve minutes.

Atwood, Batty, Catt, Thomas, Ellis, Ewels, Faletau, Knight, Louw, Palma-Newport, Underhill, Walker, Cook, Clark, Homer, Tapuai, Joseph, Priestland, Roko, Watson, Williams ... all missing at least.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/11/2017 17:43 by ballsout.

vinrouge
vinrouge (IP Logged)

21 November, 2017 17:46
Craig Maxwell-Keys is going to be rather busy on Saturday - Planet Rugby has him assisting in Tbilisi on the same day he refs at the Rec...!??

www.planetrugby.com

Georgia vs USA
@ Mikhail Meskhi Stadium, Tbilisi
Referee: Pierre Brousset (France)
Assistant referees: Ian Tempest (England), Craig Maxwell-Keys(England)
TMO: Kevin Beggs (Ireland)

Bath vs Harlequins
@ Recreation Ground
Referee: Craig Maxwell-Keys
Assistant referees: Andrew Jackson, Philip Watters
TMO: David Rose

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

21 November, 2017 17:54
Quote:
Big Dog
I really don't think we need to worry. Quins starting pack on Saturday was as follows and when compared to our starting lineup I'd say the below is fair;
1. Lambert - Obano/Auterac is better
2. Ward - Possibly equal to Dunn
3. Collier - Very good young player but Perenise more experienced
4. Matthews - Stooke is better imo
5. Horwill - Charteris a match for Horwill
6. J Chisholm - Garvey more experienced Premiership operator and better as it stands
7. Ben Glynn - Zach Mercer superior presence in all facets
8. Luamanu - Perhaps the only one where I may take the Quins fella over Grant at a push. Mind you Luamanu does not look great past 55/60 mins

On that basis and given the considerably stronger forwards on the bench we have there should be no issue here.
Our backs as well have a far more experienced edge to them and if nothing else will trouble their midfield channel where they are looking quite weak with the injuries and absences they have! If we get Priestland, Taps and Clark back then we potentially will be much stronger than them - albeit they may get back Roberts I guess.

I really have no fear about this Saturday though you guys, wish a few more people saw that we should be fine!

Pretty disrespectful and also ignores our poor form the last couple of months. It's also the type of comment that comes back haunt you afterwards. Hopefully not...

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

21 November, 2017 18:31
Big Dog - wondering how long you have been an active supporter of Prem Rugby.
Nothing but nothing is certain at this level and Quins gave a very tidy performance at Sandy Park, in front of a very vociferous (if that's the right word) home crowd.
"Tempting fate" is another way of responding to your frankly overconfident post.

p.s. just as well you aren't on Bath's coaching team!

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

by
by (IP Logged)

21 November, 2017 19:05
More injury woes, Clark and Homer out for 2-3 months.

We will have Tapuai and JJ available to us though.

MESSAGES->author
joethefanatic (IP Logged)

21 November, 2017 19:19
I thought Quins looked excellent against the Chuffs - although admittedly Exeter did not play at all well. I'd be happy with any kind of win. Marcus Smith looks like a very tidy player indeed and I'm hoping that Jono Kitto is too knackered to start. Those two together could trouble us a great deal.

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

21 November, 2017 19:38
Quote:
by
We will have Tapuai and JJ available to us though.

This is dreadful news, terribly unfortunate in the case of Homer, & is serious for our prospects this season. We are already light at centre & full-back so these absences will have quite an impact. I also agree with others that Big Dogís confidence is not easy to justify.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

21 November, 2017 20:05
Quote:
by

Bum.

MESSAGES->author
Garbageman (IP Logged)

21 November, 2017 20:17
JJ, Watson, Dunn and Mercer available. I'm with Big Dog. As for tempting fate, I think it's in the teams hands not some mystical force. So I'll be wearing my lucky under pants.

Quinten Poulsen
Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)

21 November, 2017 20:21
Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
Scaramouche
Quin in Peace.

We've got an equally lengthy unavailable list as Quins, if not even worse. The difference is Blackadder never brings it up post-match and so it isn't talked about, unlike Kingston who offers Quins' injury list as an excuse every twelve minutes.

Atwood, Batty, Catt, Thomas, Ellis, Ewels, Faletau, Knight, Louw, Palma-Newport, Underhill, Walker, Cook, Clark, Homer, Tapuai, Joseph, Priestland, Roko, Watson, Williams ... all missing at least.

Marler, Buchanan, Gray, Elia, Sinckler (?), Twomey, Robshaw, Wallace, Clifford, Bothma, Care, Mulchrone, Lewis, Waters, Saunders, Catrakilis, Swiel, Sailli, Sloan, Roberts(?), Marchant (?), Stanley, Morris, Brown plus a few academy players. Not to mention Lowe and Yarde.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

21 November, 2017 20:29
Lol. Yes OK itís a few weeks into the season and AIs and both teams have a lot out...

Big Dog if only it was a simple as that (rugby top trumps) they wouldnít ever need to play any games?

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

21 November, 2017 20:39
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
Scaramouche
Quin in Peace.

Marler, Buchanan, Gray, Elia, Sinckler (?), Twomey, Robshaw, Wallace, Clifford, Bothma, Care, Mulchrone, Lewis, Waters, Saunders, Catrakilis, Swiel, Sailli, Sloan, Roberts(?), Marchant (?), Stanley, Morris, Brown plus a few academy players. Not to mention Lowe and Yarde.

Yes. Everyone knows Quins have a big injury list, comparable to our own. That useless bluffer Kingston and the BT crew won't shut up about it.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

21 November, 2017 21:14
We will have Anthony Watson back with JJ as they have been released from the England squad though Ewells has been retained and might start!

That should boost our chances!

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

21 November, 2017 21:51
That ought to make a difference. Letís hope it does.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

21 November, 2017 21:58
You're missing Yarde? We're also missing Abendanon.

bathleds
bathleds (IP Logged)

22 November, 2017 07:59
with Exeter, and Toulon x 2 in December I cant see either Watson or JJ playing personally, I think Todd will rest them for a week and keep them fresh.

If it was me I would play them and rest them against Chiefs. Quins at home is a lot more winnable than Chiefs away and think we should target Saturday.

They key question is that if Todd thinks we can win without them against Quins then its worth resting them. Lots to ponder.

Bolly-Quin
Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)

22 November, 2017 08:01
Quote:
hasta

And Kyle Eastmond?

I donít miss Yarde, but he hasnít been replaced.

by
by (IP Logged)

22 November, 2017 08:20
Blackadder has already said that they'd prefer to rest Watson this week in preparation for Exeter and Toulon.

I'd like to see Atkins given another go at fullback, thought he looked superb against Irish.

Obano, Dunn, Perenise, Stooke, Charteris, Garvey, Mercer, Grant
Kahn, Burns, Banahan, Taps, JJ, Brew, Atkins

Auterac, Walker, Lahiff, Douglas, Bayliss, Cook, Priestland, James Wilson.

Not a bad 23, though it would have been ideal if we were able to rest a few guys like Perenise, Charteris and Stooke.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

22 November, 2017 08:31
Does Charteris really need a rest? He has only played on match since the 29th Oct. Stooke has only had the Irish game and a couple of anglo welsh sub appearances.

(Watson on the other hand has been flogged for over a year now if you take the Lions into account, so that is understandable).

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

22 November, 2017 08:34
When you look at the strapping on Watson's knee for the Aussie match he should have been rested by England for that match as well.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

22 November, 2017 09:32
Quote:
bathleds
If it was me I would play them and rest them against Chiefs. Quins at home is a lot more winnable than Chiefs away and think we should target Saturday.

At least have them on the bench as ďfinishersĒ(Sm100)

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

22 November, 2017 10:35
That makes sense Bath Hammer.

Quinten Poulsen
Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)

22 November, 2017 16:50
Quote:
hasta

You've missed the point.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

23 November, 2017 09:56
I'm really not.

Bolly-Quin
Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)

24 November, 2017 11:50
Harlequins squad to play Bath Rugby (Harlequins appearances)

15. Ross Chisholm (80)
14. Charlie Walker (74)
13. Alofa Alofa (37)
12. James Lang (9)
11. Tim Visser (45)
10. Marcus Smith (11)
9. Jono Kitto (1)

1. Lewis Boyce (5)
2. Dave Ward (126)
3. Will Collier (116)
4. Charlie Matthews (148)
5. James Horwill (Captain, 48)
6. Ben Glynn (11)
7. James Chisholm (42)
8. Mat Luamanu (50)

16. Elia Elia (6)
17. Cameron Holenstein (-)
18. Kyle Sinckler (105)
19. Dino Lamb (6)
20. Archie White (8)
21. Ian Prior (-)
22. Henry Cheeseman (7)
23. Gabriel Ibitoye (3)

According to our board:-

Bath Rugby team to face Harlequins

15. James Wilson

14. Jack Wilson

13. Matt Banahan

12. Ben Tapuai

11. Aled Brew

10. Freddie Burns

9. Kahn Fotualiíi

1. Beno Obano

2. Tom Dunn

3. Anthony Perenise

4. Luke Charteris

5. Elliott Stooke

6. Matt Garvey (c)

7. Zach Mercer

8. Paul Grant

Replacements

16. Michael van Vuuren

17. Nick Auterac

18. Max Lahiff

19. Levi Douglas

20. Josh Bayliss

21. Chris Cook

22. Josh Lewis

23. Darren Atkins

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

24 November, 2017 12:00
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
hasta

You've missed the point.

If he has, why?

raedarius
raedarius (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 10:41
Abendanon has been replaced.

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 12:22
Bath score 1st try!

7 v 0

Mike the Taxi

25 November, 2017 12:29
Quins No7 yellow

Mike the Taxi

25 November, 2017 12:32
Freddie in for Bath's 2nd try!

14 v 0

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 12:33
Quins choice to release Yarde mid season.

Great start so far!

Mike the Taxi

25 November, 2017 12:33
Stooke in for Bath's 3rd!!

19 v 0

Mike the Taxi

25 November, 2017 12:41
Banners in for bonus-point try!

24 v 0

Mike the Taxi

25 November, 2017 12:42
Freddie converts

26 v 0

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 12:42
Watching on bet365. This is great stuff in attack. Perenise really is very good in the loose.

Key now is to keep this up for the full 80! COYB!

Mike the Taxi

25 November, 2017 12:59
Quins converted try

26 v 7

Mike the Taxi

25 November, 2017 13:03
Freddie penalty

29 v 7

Mike the Taxi

25 November, 2017 13:07
HT

29 v 7

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 13:08
Very difficult to split Freddie and Rhys at 10, for me Freddy's try threat is greater. Just edges it currently for me. Fantastic position to be in though!

Mike the Taxi

25 November, 2017 13:09
Henry Thomas co-commentating 'back in full contact training' - back next week?

by
by (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 13:10
Best first quarter of rugby I can remember us playing. Second quarter not so much, think we gave away 8 penalties in 10 minutes.

supermarinematt
supermarinematt (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 13:15
The performance is not as good as the scoreline suggests. 3 tries in the sin bin period and in the 40mins we only had 35% possession. Once they were back to 15 they took control of the game and we gave away loads of penalties. Need to get more ball in the second half otherwise this could be close come the end.

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 13:20
Game management...

Mike the Taxi

25 November, 2017 13:33
Lahiff on for Perenise

Mike the Taxi

25 November, 2017 13:41
Freddie attempts 45 metre penalty and misses

29 v 7 still

MESSAGES->author
Toast and Marmite (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 13:43
Quote:
supermarinematt
The performance is not as good as the scoreline suggests. 3 tries in the sin bin period and in the 40mins we only had 35% possession. Once they were back to 15 they took control of the game and we gave away loads of penalties. Need to get more ball in the second half otherwise this could be close come the end.
Aside from their purple patch Quins have looked undercooked- we could be 50 points up with just a bit more precision...

"No sprinkles. For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you."

Mike the Taxi

25 November, 2017 13:45
Freddie penalty

32 v 7

MESSAGES->author

25 November, 2017 13:48
Nice to see us putting pace on the game.

Mike the Taxi

25 November, 2017 13:49
Josh Lewis on for Freddie Burns
Cook on for Kahn

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/11/2017 13:59 by Mike the Taxi.

Mike the Taxi

25 November, 2017 13:50
Quins length of field try after Josh Lewis break is turned over

32 v 12

Mike the Taxi

25 November, 2017 13:51
Converted

32 v 14

MESSAGES->author

25 November, 2017 13:56
Super chase by Tapuai been quietly effective today

Mike the Taxi

25 November, 2017 13:57
Josh Lewis penalty

35 v 14

MESSAGES->author

25 November, 2017 14:00
Maxwell Keys really hasn't gripped the scrum today

Mike the Taxi

25 November, 2017 14:00
Darren Atkins on for Aled Brew

MESSAGES->author

25 November, 2017 14:01
Error count still too high from us we are leaving so many points on the field

Mike the Taxi

25 November, 2017 14:04
Bath lineout 10 metres from Quins line

Mike the Taxi

25 November, 2017 14:06
Lewis penalty

38 v 14

MESSAGES->author

Sigh why bother with a 3 pointer at this stage

Mike the Taxi

Clock at zero - Quins kick off

Mike the Taxi

25 November, 2017 14:07
FT

38 v 14

MESSAGES->author

25 November, 2017 14:08
Got to be happy with a bonus point win when there's still so much more to come from this side.

MESSAGES->author
BathSalmon (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 14:11
Excellent win! And a bonus point too. Professional 2nd half performance seeing out the win. 5 points on the bag, well done everyone.

All eyes on Exeter tomorrow.

by
by (IP Logged)

Good win for Bath, Quins will be disappointed with their performance. Way too many soft penalties and handling errors though, need to react to the referee and play a simpler game.

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

Not a lot to be gained from attempting a 5th try, a bit of crowd pleasing maybe but also risk of injury which we could do without.

Great result, 4 tries when some doubted we could score any.

BathHalfFull
BathHalfFull (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 14:27
Great win, well played everyone. Definitely left a few points out there but I'd have taken a Bp win all day long. Frustrating not to have a go at the end there, I get the pragmatism of saying bp already secured so not risk injuries and just see game out but I wish we'd see situations like that as opportunities to train in a real match situation ie get into the mindset that it's last play of the game and we have to score a try to win. Later in the season we'll be in exactly that situation and it'd have been good to have drilled for it.

MESSAGES->author
BathSalmon (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 14:38
I see Beno Obano topped the tackle stats with 18 (in about 60 mins) That's an outstanding number for a prop, let alone a prop of his size!!

Adopted Player 18-19: Anthony Perenise
Adopted Player 17-18 & 16-17: Dave Attwood
Adopted Player 15-16: Matt Garvey

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 17:02
It will seem ridiculous not to be totally happy after a bonus point win against a rival but after that fantastic 20 minute tryfest I thought we were pretty dreadful. We were unable to gain much decent possession & when we did we devised every method known to man to lose it. Perhaps it was all a cunning ploy to avoid exertion & injury but hopefully they can replicate the first 20m rather than the subsequent 60m against Exeter.

DC22
DC22 (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 17:09
Interesting to read Bet365 post match stats giving us 53% possession.
It was good to see the backs try to keep the ball in hand, rather than the usual aimless grabbers which invariably concede possession. Mind you, the usual culprits ie JJ and AW werenít playing today.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 18:11
Thought the Quinn's player was lucky not to get a red card for the tip tackle.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 18:11
Quote:
Toast and Marmite
Sigh why bother with a 3 pointer at this stage

Why not? We have the bonus, it uses up a bit of time, means that quins canít go for the LBP. When we donít go for things like this we get criticised for not closing out games.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 19:18
You do wonder when your 3rd choice 10 makes breaks like that whether he could do a job elsewhere in the back, I know he lost possession and they scored from it but that can be worked on.

I just really like the way he is not intimidated by the occasion and he kicks well too.

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 19:21
Seemed very flat at the Rec today despite the BP win. Not sure the Bath performance was any better than against LI which probably speaks for Quins performanceu. The kick for goal with 1 min on the clock when 21 points up in front of a full house speaks for our decision making.Good win Bath, Ho hum

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net