rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

England team - congrats to Ewels
23 November, 2017 09:50
Well done Charlie. How Roko isn't picked over May is a huge mystery to me.

England team to play Samoa

15 Mike Brown (Harlequins 63 caps), 14 Jonny May (Leicester Tigers 28 caps), 13 Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs 9 caps), 12 Alex Lozowski (Saracens 3 caps), 11 Elliot Daly (Wasps 15 caps), 10 George Ford (Leicester Tigers 39 caps) co-captain, 9 Danny Care (Harlequins 75 caps), 1 Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers 4 caps), 2 Jamie George (Saracens 19 caps), 3 Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers 76 caps), 4 Joe Launchbury (Wasps 46 caps), 5 Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby 5 caps), 6 Maro Itoje (Saracens 13 caps), 7 Chris Robshaw (Harlequins 58 caps) co-captain, 8 Sam Simmonds (Exeter Chiefs 2 caps).

Finishers
16 Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints 88 caps), 17 Joe Marler (Harlequins 52 caps), 18 Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs 4 caps), 19 Nick Isiekwe (Saracens 1 cap), 20 Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints 60 caps), 21 Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers 72 caps), 22 Piers Francis (Northampton Saints 2 caps), 23 Semesa Rokoduguni (Bath Rugby 3 caps).

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

Re: England team - congrats to Ewels
23 November, 2017 09:53
What another complete and total waste of Roko.

Trev's Big Tackle
Trev's Big Tackle (IP Logged)

23 November, 2017 09:59
Are Watson and JJ injured?

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

23 November, 2017 09:59
I mean, I knew this was going to happen that he wouldn't get a proper shot. But good grief. Daly has been absolute mediocrity this season.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

23 November, 2017 10:02
Quote:
Trev's Big Tackle
Are Watson and JJ injured?

Rested.

Trev's Big Tackle
Trev's Big Tackle (IP Logged)

23 November, 2017 10:07
As a Wasp, I was hoping Daly would get a rest. Not sure why he's become indispensable on the wing.

Shame Watson's been rested. I'd have liked to see him get a run at fullback rather than a one off game.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

23 November, 2017 10:11
He's one of Jones' favourites, like Ford (and Ewels for that matter). Not saying he wasn't great last season, but he played all three Lions tests, not surprised he's had an ebb this year.

MESSAGES->author
JimDaff (IP Logged)

23 November, 2017 10:14
Hoping Rocco gets a decent run out, if not I wouldn’t blame him for telling Eddie to eff off!

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

23 November, 2017 10:30
Quote:
hasta
I mean, I knew this was going to happen that he wouldn't get a proper shot. But good grief. Daly has been absolute mediocrity this season.

Worse than that!!!!

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

23 November, 2017 10:33
Would have been better to give Roko back to us.

Well done Charlie.

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

23 November, 2017 10:42
At least Roko gets his £22k for getting splinters in his bum?

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

23 November, 2017 10:45
Although I agree with the sentiment, I think, it's time to stop being surprised that Roko isn't picked

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

23 November, 2017 11:02
Quote:
Optimist
I assume that that's either one hell of a typo to make "Daly" into "May" - or you haven't actually watched either of them play rugby this season.
May is the form winger in the country at the moment - Daly is horrendously out of form in any position.

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

Westy68
Westy68 (IP Logged)

23 November, 2017 11:54
Quote:
Which Tyler
Quote:
Optimist
I assume that that's either one hell of a typo to make "Daly" into "May" - or you haven't actually watched either of them play rugby this season.
May is the form winger in the country at the moment - Daly is horrendously out of form in any position.

Looks like you haven't watched much rugby recently, slight exaggeration. Thought Daly played well last week. He hasn't played to his extremely high standards but still better than JJ. Roko should be on the wing Daly at 13

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

23 November, 2017 12:23
Daley was in Guscotts team of the week! I do find it a bit sad that the best winger that England can find isn't even a winger though - surely the No 2 rugby union side in the world can find someone suitable (and better)?

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

23 November, 2017 12:25
The thing about May is he looks uncoordinated, fumbles quite a bit amd makes more lateral meters than anyone else, but leaving that aside, he's very effective

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/11/2017 12:45 by woodpecker.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

23 November, 2017 12:36
Quote:
woodpecker
The thing about may is he looks uncoordinated, fumbles quite a bit amd makes more lateral meters than anyone else, but leaving that aside, he's very effective

I also wouldn't have him packing down on the flank, but he is scoring pretty much every game and his defence is fine too.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

23 November, 2017 12:45
Yes, May is scoring tries - but he was back to his 'mad as a box of frogs' form for much of the Aus game. If Roko is not flawless in some aspects, then May sure the hell isn't. May will finish team tries, but in terms of conjuring a try from nothing, Roko is out on his own.

Daly is a different case - he is there under the heading 'class is permanent, form is temporary'.

I think Eddie is avoiding putting Roko in the team because he just doesn't see him being a World Cup winner. He doesn't want Roko scoring a miracle try that will have the media clamouring for his inclusion.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

23 November, 2017 12:51
Well congratulations to Charlie, another Bath name on the international honours board.

Personally I cannot see or remember what he has done to deserve this on his showings in the BB&W, he must be truly inspired at England training and in their trial games. Unlike Itoje, Launchbury and Lawes, I cannot remember seeing him carry, win lineouts, tackle, over turn mauls or run in tries. Must have my eyes closed!

Mind you Eddie's selections are a total nonsense if form is anything to go by. How does either Daly, or May for that matter, get selected over the form winger and scorer all this season. I really feel for Roko and no doubt he must be seriously wondering what he has to do to get the international recognition he has both earned and deserves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/11/2017 12:56 by Bathovalballer.

22Dropout
22Dropout (IP Logged)

23 November, 2017 12:53
I thought I read that JJ and AW had been released back to Bath. If so, does that man they are eligible for Quins match?

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

23 November, 2017 12:55
Quote:
Bathovalballer
Well congratulations to Charlie, another Bath name on the international honours board.
Personally I cannot see or remember what he has done to deserve this on his showings in the BB&W, he must be truly inspired at England training and in their trial games. Unlike Itoje, Launchbury and Lawes, I cannot remember seeing him carry, win lineouts, tackle, over turn mauls or run in tries. Must have my eyes closed!

Wow, that is some congratulations post!

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

23 November, 2017 13:48
Quote:
Bathovalballer

Mind you Eddie's selections are a total nonsense if form is anything to go by. How does either Daly, or May for that matter, get selected over the form winger and scorer all this season. I really feel for Roko and no doubt he must be seriously wondering what he has to do to get the international recognition he has both earned and deserves.

BoB -check out the recording of Argentina v England June 17 this year, if you have one. I think you will see most of those from Ewels in that match.

PG

P G Tips

Paul Grant: my adopted Player, 2017-18.

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

23 November, 2017 13:57
Charlie has obviously been punching well in training BoB.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

23 November, 2017 14:21
Bob, I just noticed that you said that you have never seen him win lineouts?! I assume that this was tongue in cheek?

[www.bathchronicle.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
hemington (IP Logged)

23 November, 2017 14:44
Take a look at the Scarlets game.

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

23 November, 2017 15:50
I think Watson is carrying a knock hence his release...

Adopted players: 2017-18 T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

23 November, 2017 16:29
Quote:
Optimist
Yes, May is scoring tries - but he was back to his 'mad as a box of frogs' form for much of the Aus game. If Roko is not flawless in some aspects, then May sure the hell isn't. May will finish team tries, but in terms of conjuring a try from nothing, Roko is out on his own.
Daly is a different case - he is there under the heading 'class is permanent, form is temporary'.

I think Eddie is avoiding putting Roko in the team because he just doesn't see him being a World Cup winner. He doesn't want Roko scoring a miracle try that will have the media clamouring for his inclusion.

Optimist, I was very sad to see that the John Lewis advert was not in fact Danny G and the Exeter pack, I was looking forward to that. Perhaps he was schooling Ewels in the dark arts at the time

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/11/2017 17:08 by woodpecker.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net