rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

MESSAGES->author
TCM2007 (IP Logged)

Week 9/22, 3rd place
25 November, 2017 17:21
For all the doubts and niggling issues, itís not a bad place to be.

Stuart

Former ed.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

Re: Week 9/22, 3rd place
25 November, 2017 18:02
Quote:
TCM2007
For all the doubts and niggling issues, itís not a bad place to be.

About as good as possibly expected, massive well done to the players and coaches.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 18:29
Absolutely. Whatever our misgivings about certain aspects of our play the table doesnít lie & 3rd place at this stage is a good place to be.

MESSAGES->author
hemington (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 18:54
Yes but..........hmmmm........oh yes Sarries and Exeter are above us. Must be time to get rid of Todd and the rest of the useless coaches and the players who don't want it enough and are basically not up to Premiership standard or who are injured all the time so they don't haveto earn their money.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 18:58
Quote:
hemington
Yes but..........hmmmm........oh yes Sarries and Exeter are above us. Must be time to get rid of Todd and the rest of the useless coaches and the players who don't want it enough and are basically not up to Premiership standard or who are injured all the time so they don't haveto earn their money.

Donít forget that they donít punch nearly enough...

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 19:15
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
hemington

Donít forget that they donít punch nearly enough...

Don't remind me! Did you see Ewels for England today? Didn't even see him throw an elbow at anyone! Disgraceful.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 19:15
What's amazing is we are 3rd when not playing particularly well in a number of games.

The challenge is to improve and get to 2nd.

Tom Dunn - Adopted player 2018/19

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 19:18
We have been lucky! We haven't got enough grunt! We lost against Glos and Falcons at home, disaster! We can't finish games! We can't score tries! Bruce is not spending enough to get us in the top 4! We cannot hold on to players! We cannot attract top players! My glass is empty!

Have I missed anything? winking smiley

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/11/2017 19:24 by CoochieCoo.

TG Kesmo
TG Kesmo (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 19:27
Quote:
CoochieCoo
We have been lucky! We haven't got enough grunt! We lost against Glos and Falcons at home, disaster! We can't finish games! We can't score tries! Bruce is not spending enough to get us in the top 4! We cannot hold on to players! We cannot attract top players! My glass is empty!
Probably the training facilities are too posh and the players don't want it enough.
Some people will moan about anything.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 19:31
[quote TG Kesmo] ...the players don't want it enough.[quote]

Someone needed to tell Lahiff that he was wanting too much when he was trying to chase down Ibitoye...nice to score lots of points etc but that was definitely my highlight of the day!

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 19:43
Oh contraire.... Anyone who thinks we're playing like the third best team in England needs their bumps felt

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 19:54
Quote:
Beergoggles
Oh contraire.... Anyone who thinks we're playing like the third best team in England needs their bumps felt

Our points are like the third best team in England.

We keep saying it but the league is so inconsistent this season, all the teams are having good and bad games. We are no different.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

Good test next week. We need to start looking ahead & hope for continued improvement.

Murty7
Murty7 (IP Logged)

So who is playing like the 3rd best team? only 2 teams have conceded less points than us and 3 have scored more.

a little more composure (which will come) and we would have 2 more wins and be top.

The next 3 weeks will tell us where we are.

HugoBoss
HugoBoss (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 20:27
Really delighted to be third at this stage, especially given we have rarely hit top gear this season. That in itself is a positive as we are yet to find a new Tabs, who I felt did inject some exciting attacking play this season in flashes before his saddening departure.

Find them and develop a clear attacking structure in addition to our defensive strength and stronger mental attitude we have seen this season, to give us a complete package and it will be looking even better than it already is.

And I must say having two Fly-Halves of Rhys' and Freddie's quality, who are both in confident, assured form, pushing each other makes such a difference!

Adopted Player 2017-18.....Semesa "Freak of Nature" Rokoduguni

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 20:33
If it wasn't for Ewells we'd be top.

Obvious!

MESSAGES->author
Widcombe Boy (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 21:19
Hilarious

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 21:25
Quote:
Widcombe Boy
Hilarious

We only won today because he wasn't there.

By the way, where was he?

MESSAGES->author
liquidmonkey (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 21:32
Quote:
Beergoggles
Oh contraire....
It's Au contraire.

The measure may be thought bold, but I am of the opinion the boldest are the safest.
Horatio Nelson

Adopted players:
2018-19 Tom Homer
2017-18 Freddie Burns
2016-17 Nick Auterac
2015-16 Guy Mercer
2014-15 Juan Pablo Orlandi

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 21:36
Quote:
liquidmonkey
Quote:
Beergoggles
Oh contraire....
It's Au contraire.

Eau contraire, if it makes you sick!

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 22:28
il y a des pťdants partout ! (Says gooooogle translate) (Sm101)

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

25 November, 2017 22:34
'Mange tout, Rodney.' (From the Univerity of Life by Del Boy)

sid the seagull
sid the seagull (IP Logged)

26 November, 2017 17:45
I have my bumps felt regularly, it's nice.

HOP

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

27 November, 2017 15:32
Quote:
CoochieCoo
you forgot that you're not being negative, you're just saying it as it is

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=608
RAEBURN SHIELD

MESSAGES->author
Toast and Marmite (IP Logged)

27 November, 2017 15:35
Quote:
Which Tyler
Quote:
CoochieCoo
you forgot that you're not being negative, you're just saying it as it is
And our players don't spend enough time trying to spark out the opposition

"No sprinkles. For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you."

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

27 November, 2017 15:45
BoB won't know which way to look, this weekend!

MESSAGES->author
trikidiki (IP Logged)

28 November, 2017 21:54
Eau Cointreau

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

28 November, 2017 22:41
I know which way to look and will be as vocal as usual in my near 50 years of supporting Bath as I always will until the day I die.

IMO Exeter offer the ultimate challenge to any team in the Premiership, and must be clear favourites on form, confidence, league position, results, points scored and conceded, and are at home.

On our day, if all of our 15 play to their maximum potential, and we up and maintain the physicality and match Exeter's running support, we could sneak it, as we did at the death last year. However, that elusive form and inspired play has been sadly lacking for most of this and the past seasons.

Realistically I don't think we will, but we could run them close and I believe we can get a LBP out of the game. For some reason, Exe don't always play well against us and we are like their bogey side, as IIRR believe we were the last Prem side that they beat after promotion to the Prem.

It all begins with us needing to match their juggernaut pack and stop their support runners in their tracks.

Hope so anyway and IMO this game is now our most important local derby.

C'MON BATH PROVE ME WRONG.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

28 November, 2017 23:44
Looking back the puzzle to me is why it took Exeter so long to gain promotion since when they did they immediately looked entirely comfortable. Am I right in saying that no other club has come anywhere near achieving that let alone becoming champions & with a good chance of doing so for a second year. I imagine we were their bogey team for so long because they had been living in our shadow for yonks & it took a few years to overcome that inferiority complex.

MESSAGES->author
joethefanatic (IP Logged)

28 November, 2017 23:53
If Exeter play like they did after the break against $arries, we'll do well to come second.

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

29 November, 2017 06:32
Quote:
joethefanatic
If Exeter play like they did after the break against $arries, we'll do well to come second.

If both teams play like they did in the first halves last week, they will do well to come second.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net