rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

MESSAGES->author
TCM2007 (IP Logged)

Sarries vs Exe
26 November, 2017 17:01
Iím trying to imagine the posts on here if it was us in the last 5 mins trying to throow the match away with incomprehensible decisions. Lucky, luck chaps.

Stuart

Former ed.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

Re: Sarries vs Exe
26 November, 2017 17:21
I agree Stuart, a great deal of comments of the type, "We won, but we were bad at...we need to.... ". The fact is that Leicester have lost in the AI period and Sarries have lost 2 games in the AI period!

Are the match performances and game errors more important than wins?

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

26 November, 2017 17:53
Sarries have now lost 4 games on the trot where they were in command... We are coming out of the AIs in a good position, but important results next week for us at Sandy Park and also Wasps / Tigers.

I wonder if TF will be available as with Wales but I don't think that they can enforce it?

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

26 November, 2017 17:59
Rest players for Sandy Park as Toulon have looked vulnerable recently.

More likely to win at the Mayol than Sandy Park.

Tom Dunn - Adopted player 2018/19

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

26 November, 2017 18:42
IF, and itís a big IF, we turn them over it will be a major step forward & establish us well in the top 3. We will have to play as we did in the first 20 for 80 mins yesterday but after a dogged but perhaps slightly fortunate win today Exeter may be due a slip up?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 26/11/2017 18:44 by Bath Hammer.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

26 November, 2017 19:12
Quote:
BathMatt53
Sarries have now lost 4 games on the trot where they were in command... We are coming out of the AIs in a good position, but important results next week for us at Sandy Park and also Wasps / Tigers.
I wonder if TF will be available as with Wales but I don't think that they can enforce it?

They can't enforce it, they expect their no 8 to be Josh Navidi, but Gatland is hoping Bath will be generous! To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if TF does in fact play but where would that leave Priestland?

TG Kesmo
TG Kesmo (IP Logged)

26 November, 2017 19:14
I thought we would get fined if we let anyone play outside the window

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

26 November, 2017 19:16
Excellent point, I forgot about that!

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

26 November, 2017 20:04
We all know Ex won because they wanted it more and Saracens just didn't care about the shirt.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

26 November, 2017 20:31
Quote:
TCM2007
Iím trying to imagine the posts on here if it was us in the last 5 mins trying to throow the match away with incomprehensible decisions. Lucky, luck chaps.

A bit different.

Saracens were dominated for the entire second half, they barely touched the ball and that Chiefs try had been coming a long time.

We tend to panic in the last five or ten minutes from a big lead.

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)

26 November, 2017 21:18
The kick to the corner was entirely sensible imo.

Chiefs had shown throughout the game they were happy to go through 20+ phases. Should have been more than enough to run the clock down. Might have even denied Sarries a LBP.

Take the kick and get a 5pt lead, and the ball in your 22, and Sarries can score the try to win, potentially straight from the kickoff if the ball bounces their way.
Commentators dribbling on about defending differently with a lead bigger than 3 points misses the point the laws have changed and you keep playing with penalties now.

Chudley's knock on with 10 sec left was less good I will conceed!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

26 November, 2017 21:32
Baxter seemed pretty annoyed by their choice in his post match interview.

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)

26 November, 2017 21:50
Quote:
BathMatt53
Baxter seemed pretty annoyed by their choice in his post match interview.

I think more the way we played after securing that lineout, rather than the decision to kick to the corner!

1876-Fez
1876-Fez (IP Logged)

27 November, 2017 08:40
Quote:
BathMatt53

2 of those were in the LV.. but yes 2 in a row in the AP. 1st loss at home May last year...
Chiefs deserved the 4win, very clinical in the 2nd half and will be hard for any team to take their title from them this year.
Hopefully we can get a few of the injured and internationals back and keep in the top 4 and challenge in Europe.
Could be a very decisive game against you in April.. and we owe you one...
Good luck for the rest of the season.

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/11/2017 08:46 by 1876-Fez.

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

27 November, 2017 09:41
Being a neutral ((Sm1) thought the Ref had got the measure of Sarries more cynical moves. Of course, I wasn't there so what do I know. Just watched the replays on the telly which of course doesn't give the true picture of Sarries skilled and determined efforts in front of their home fanatical support!(Sm161)

Just hope Exe are so worn out and over confident next week that Bath will, with of course a lot of focussed effort and good gameplan this week, walk it.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

27 November, 2017 10:38
Quote:
annie blackthorn
Just hope Exe are so worn out and over confident next week that Bath will, with of course a lot of focussed effort and good gameplan this week, walk it.

This being a rather strange season it COULD happen but the one consistent thing is the form of Exeter. They may well have a blip like most teams but it may not be against us. With all your players back Fez youíre still the hardest team to beat.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

27 November, 2017 10:45
It COULD certainly happenat the w/e.

Who expected us to beat Sarries?

1876-Fez
1876-Fez (IP Logged)

27 November, 2017 11:28
Quote:
annie blackthorn
Being a neutral ((Sm1) thought the Ref had got the measure of Sarries more cynical moves. Of course, I wasn't there so what do I know. Just watched the replays on the telly which of course doesn't give the true picture of Sarries skilled and determined efforts in front of their home fanatical support!(Sm161)

Oh dear!

Bath Hammer. . Thanks. . But I think Chiefs are the hardest ;-)

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Chickamauga
Chickamauga (IP Logged)

27 November, 2017 12:45
Quote:
BathMatt53

"the Wales team management have said throughout the autumn that Priestland's club team-mate Taulupe Faletau will be available against the Springboks.

Faletau is understood to have negotiated full-release for international matches when he joined the West Country club when he joined them from Dragons in 2016."
[www.bbc.co.uk]

The other TF (Tomas Francis) will, however, be available for Exe

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net