rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

United 7 - LI 64
27 November, 2017 21:14
Yikes! Half of the U18s - still, at least they tagged the teamsheet a bit - iím going to take credit for that! [www.bathrugby.com]

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

Re: United 7 - LI 64
28 November, 2017 08:14
OK, pretty confused about this, were we undone up front because the backs look decent with a few players who have played First team rugby. Did you go?

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

28 November, 2017 08:50
Well that's a terrible result for Bath, it reminds me of a hammering we took from Exeter Braves a few years ago, glad I didn't go to watch. Any injuries sustained by the Bath squad at all?

Adopted players: 2017-18 T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

28 November, 2017 11:12
No disrespect intended to the players, but that has got to be the weakest United lineup I've ever seen.

2 senior players
7 academy player
2 Bath uni players
11 Others.

Disappointing, but given it was a meaningless fixture, maybe not surprising.

Compare to the 2013 'A' League winning side, 10 senior, 12 academy:

15. Nick Abendanon
14. Richard Lane
13. Max Clark
12. Gavin Henson
11. Tom Biggs
10. Tom Heathcote
9. Micky Young
1. Charlie Beech
2. Tom Dunn
3. Kane Palma-Newport (c)
4. Charlie Ewels
5. Ryan Caldwell
6. Tom Ellis
7. Mat Gilbert
8. Will Skuse

Replacements

16. Tom Woolstencroft
17. Adam Jamieson
18. Freddie Clarke
19. Max Northcote-Green
20. Chris Cook
21. Ollie Devoto
22. Marcus Beer

BATH supporter since 1975

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

28 November, 2017 11:39
Weíve had this discussion before but I do think they need to address this A Team issue. Having said that LI are not an example to follow.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

28 November, 2017 11:56
I know we have had guys away on international duty plus some injuries to senior players, but that is a dreadful result and shows the paucity of our strength in depth, or lack of it. It must be very demoralising for the club and doesn't do the youngsters much good either to be so outclassed. Why were Irish so much stronger? Sincerely hope there were no injuries.

Other top sides are similarly effected by absentees but do not suffer the ignominies we often do with the United side, as we should be building for the future. If Thomas is back in full contact training, why didn't he get to play at least a half along with Lahiff? Surely would have done him good especially as we are talking about him playing at the weekend against probably the best pack after Sarries in the Premiership,

This paucity of suitable players has got to be addressed.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

28 November, 2017 11:57
Well hopefully the management and players have gained experience from the match? Maybe they have cast an eye over some potential new academy recruits? I canít think of any other benefit other than meeting our contractual obligations.

MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

28 November, 2017 12:42
So far as I can see, our senior squad is on a par these day, but the academy lacks strength and depth. That said, as a meaningless fixture, it seems they decided not to risk anybody.

Mind you as far as I can tell, taking out the Internationals, the Quins 23 and injuries, leaves senior players, Walker, Phillips and Allinson and academy players Edmonson, Verden,
Davies & Reid, who could have played but may also all be injured for all I know.

BATH supporter since 1975

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

28 November, 2017 14:08
Walker was on crutches at the weekend. Think Phillips is injured too.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

28 November, 2017 14:19
Quote:
BathMatt53
Well hopefully the management and players have gained experience from the match? Maybe they have cast an eye over some potential new academy recruits? I canít think of any other benefit other than meeting our contractual obligations.

I can't see shipping 60 points (and it's not the first time for United this year) does either club or individual any good.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

28 November, 2017 19:40
Excuses are made each time & okay, we arenít all that bothered about winning these matches but we should be able to put out a team which is competitive. We are not the only team which has injuries & international call ups. This competition should be a useful stepping stone for players of potential as well as giving game time to those returning from injury. As far as Bath is concerned we just meet the commitment & gain no benefit whatsoever.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net